Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71
  1. #51
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093757
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093754
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093717
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/666381-nfl-draft-2011-is-ricky-stanzi-the-next-tom-brady

    “Stanzi is as an extremely hard worker who has high expectations of himself. He is a fiery, no nonsense type of leader who just wants to win,” writes Bryan Trulen of NFLDraftMonsters.com.

    Extremely hard worker. High expectations of himself. No nonsense guy who wants to win. Yep, that sounds a bit Tom Brady-ish.



    Brady goes about 6-4, 225 pounds. Stanzi is listed at 6-4, 230 pounds. Brady was viewed as a smart quarterback with intangibles, but was overlooked because he looked unremarkable. Too thin, and not capable of throwing the deep ball. You know, the “measurables” that super athletes like Cam Newton possess.

    Similarly, Stanzi has more experience, better mechanics and is thought to be a more NFL-ready quarterback than guys like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert. Stanzi is predicted to go much later in the draft because he didn’t test well at the Combine. He lacks athletic ability, apparently, sort of like what was being said of Brady before his draft.
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Just one comment, ......I don't think Stanzi is projected lower than other QB's in this class because he didn't test well at the combine.

    Very few, if any staffs (Raiders is the possible exception) draft based on just what they saw at the combine.

    I think Stanzi is going later than other QB's because those scouts and staffs think the other QB's either fit their system better or are slightly better than Stanzi but all of them still seem to agree that he is one of the 8 that could possibly wind up being a "Franchise QB" that are in this class.
    I agree partly with you but not on the system fitting part. He and mallett are the only 2 Pro system QBs in the draft and Stanzi has much more experience in it. The rest are going to have to retool their whole game to fit into the NFL offense.

    My opinion is they feel the others have more potential upside plus they have gotten better exposure in the NFL marketing machine.
    Correct, they did run a pro style offense, but what style did they run and does it fit the style of the team looking at them?

    Lets look at the WCO? What variant of that offense did they run?

    Was it the verticle stretch the field version (Multiple 3 Wide sets, 1 RB/Pass to set up the run) or did they run the the dink dunk (2 WR's, 2 TE's, 1 RB/Run to set up the pass) version?

    If you are looking for a guy to run the verticle then Mallet and Stanzi might be the better fit, but if your looking ot run the dink dunk, you might want a guy that is has a quicker release, has a high percentage when it comes to throwing on the run and can stretch the field laterally while executing a naked bootleg.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #52
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093771
    Here is a some tape on Locker, there is another game on page 1 if you missed it..

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]syqhmUW3vIM[/video]

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]MQWeHycyqmU[/video]
    Can't see them. Damn firewall.

    One thing I've noticed on the ones that I have watched, I didn't realize how many multiple WR sets they ran. He sure seems to know which one is gonna be open prior to the snap.

    Also, watch his OL, they absolutely suck.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #53
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093782
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093771
    Here is a some tape on Locker, there is another game on page 1 if you missed it..

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]syqhmUW3vIM[/video]

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]MQWeHycyqmU[/video]
    Can't see them. Damn firewall.

    One thing I've noticed on the ones that I have watched, I didn't realize how many multiple WR sets they ran. He sure seems to know which one is gonna be open prior to the snap.

    Also, watch his OL, they absolutely suck.
    He still misses alot of easy throws.. and he has gotta protect himself better when running, he is leading with his throwing arm/shoulder..


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  4. #54
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093785
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093782
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093771
    Here is a some tape on Locker, there is another game on page 1 if you missed it..

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]syqhmUW3vIM[/video]

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]MQWeHycyqmU[/video]
    Can't see them. Damn firewall.

    One thing I've noticed on the ones that I have watched, I didn't realize how many multiple WR sets they ran. He sure seems to know which one is gonna be open prior to the snap.

    Also, watch his OL, they absolutely suck.
    He still misses alot of easy throws.. and he has gotta protect himself better when running, he is leading with his throwing arm/shoulder..
    I never noticed the shoulder/arm point. I will have to revisit that.

    As to him missing easy throws, I agree. Truth is, all of them miss easy throws at that level. Thats why their averages are so low.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #55
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093787
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093785
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093782
    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093771
    Here is a some tape on Locker, there is another game on page 1 if you missed it..

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]syqhmUW3vIM[/video]

    [video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]MQWeHycyqmU[/video]
    Can't see them. Damn firewall.

    One thing I've noticed on the ones that I have watched, I didn't realize how many multiple WR sets they ran. He sure seems to know which one is gonna be open prior to the snap.

    Also, watch his OL, they absolutely suck.
    He still misses alot of easy throws.. and he has gotta protect himself better when running, he is leading with his throwing arm/shoulder..
    I never noticed the shoulder/arm point. I will have to revisit that.

    As to him missing easy throws, I agree. Truth is, all of them miss easy throws at that level. Thats why their averages are so low.
    In the first 2 minutes of the first video we saw a jump pass, a fumble on a QB bootleg and a tendency to look at the first read and if it isn't there he pulls the ball down and runs.

    He just went out of my top 7

  6. #56
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Teams That Snooze On QB's In The First Round Might Lose

    For a team that wants a quarterback, the rule of thumb in this year's draft might very well be: You snooze, you lose.
    Funny, been saying that for a while now.

  7. #57
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    I have been doing a little more poking around and found a guy we might want to wait year to get:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-bKaX048L8

  8. #58
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    If any of the QB's can do this better than he can then draft them. If not.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p9xT-7-UkU

  9. #59
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093781
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093757
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093754
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093717
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/666381-nfl-draft-2011-is-ricky-stanzi-the-next-tom-brady

    “Stanzi is as an extremely hard worker who has high expectations of himself. He is a fiery, no nonsense type of leader who just wants to win,” writes Bryan Trulen of NFLDraftMonsters.com.

    Extremely hard worker. High expectations of himself. No nonsense guy who wants to win. Yep, that sounds a bit Tom Brady-ish.



    Brady goes about 6-4, 225 pounds. Stanzi is listed at 6-4, 230 pounds. Brady was viewed as a smart quarterback with intangibles, but was overlooked because he looked unremarkable. Too thin, and not capable of throwing the deep ball. You know, the “measurables” that super athletes like Cam Newton possess.

    Similarly, Stanzi has more experience, better mechanics and is thought to be a more NFL-ready quarterback than guys like Cam Newton and Blaine Gabbert. Stanzi is predicted to go much later in the draft because he didn’t test well at the Combine. He lacks athletic ability, apparently, sort of like what was being said of Brady before his draft.
    Thanks for the read my friend.

    Just one comment, ......I don't think Stanzi is projected lower than other QB's in this class because he didn't test well at the combine.

    Very few, if any staffs (Raiders is the possible exception) draft based on just what they saw at the combine.

    I think Stanzi is going later than other QB's because those scouts and staffs think the other QB's either fit their system better or are slightly better than Stanzi but all of them still seem to agree that he is one of the 8 that could possibly wind up being a "Franchise QB" that are in this class.
    I agree partly with you but not on the system fitting part. He and mallett are the only 2 Pro system QBs in the draft and Stanzi has much more experience in it. The rest are going to have to retool their whole game to fit into the NFL offense.

    My opinion is they feel the others have more potential upside plus they have gotten better exposure in the NFL marketing machine.
    Correct, they did run a pro style offense, but what style did they run and does it fit the style of the team looking at them?

    Lets look at the WCO? What variant of that offense did they run?

    Was it the verticle stretch the field version (Multiple 3 Wide sets, 1 RB/Pass to set up the run) or did they run the the dink dunk (2 WR's, 2 TE's, 1 RB/Run to set up the pass) version?

    If you are looking for a guy to run the verticle then Mallet and Stanzi might be the better fit, but if your looking ot run the dink dunk, you might want a guy that is has a quicker release, has a high percentage when it comes to throwing on the run and can stretch the field laterally while executing a naked bootleg.
    Look at the results at 1:50 and 2:05. A classic WCO bootleg and a goal line fade route. This guy can do anything they need.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2X-X3rvXg4

  10. #60
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,727

    Re: Video of the top QB's likely available to us.

    Ryan Mallett is the next Big Ben, MARK MY WORDS. I love this guy, and i hope we trade back n get him.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Put the following QB's in order...
    By Tad7 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM
  2. What Do These QB's Have In Common?
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
  3. QB'S 2 and 3
    By sheepdog in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
  4. 2006 QB's and FA
    By whackthepack in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-27-2006, 10:27 PM
  5. QB's coming in
    By Vikesfreak81 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 08:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •