Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vic Carucci's Top 5 Running Backs in the Draft...

Nothing against Maroney but after watching every Gopher game this past year including the Music City Bowl I just am really impressed by Gary Russell because I see him as more of a brusing runner that will get you the yardage you need off tackle. I'd really like to see the Vikes go after him in next year's draft.
    I hope he takes care of his eligiability and comes back to Minnesota next year because with he and Pinnix the Gophers will again have a great team of running backs.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I think the MLB position is one of the most open. Moving EJ back in there or trying DT sounds intreaguing (spelling?) to me.

Maybe I'll stick my neck out here, how about trying Napo in there. After all thats his original position, and he should have the speed for it right?

PS.: Sorry if i'm thread-stealing

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Nothing against Maroney but after watching every Gopher game this past year including the Music City Bowl I just am really impressed by Gary Russell because I see him as more of a brusing runner that will get you the yardage you need off tackle. I'd really like to see the Vikes go after him in next year's draft.
    I hope he takes care of his eligiability and comes back to Minnesota next year because with he and Pinnix the Gophers will again have a great team of running backs.

Maroney can almost bust tackles as well as Russell.. Not to mention he is faster and has better vision..

Big C is offline Coordinator

Maybe I'll stick my neck out here, how about trying Napo in there. After all thats his original position, and he should have the speed for it right?
    I forgot we had Napo :grin:. Well I hope we give him a shot at it. Personally though I haven't been impressed with him since pre-season last year. Hopefully it's because he was coached by a dolt and was not playing in his natural position.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:

I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, I missed 2 Gopher games this year because of family commitments and agree with you that Gary Russell is is a better back than Maroney! I think Maroney is a good back but Russell is better. I here that he is working to become eligible by the fall quarter so that he can play next year, he has a promising career and I think that he will play in the NFL!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Ultra, you want to give them your thoughts on Napo :smile: .

I'd be happy with either Maroney or DeAngelo at #17, if nothing happens in FA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12