Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: very important news for vikes

THURSDAY CUTS UNDONE

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that, due to the three-day extension to the deadline for getting under the 2006 salary cap, the NFL has undone any cuts that were made by teams on Thursday.

This applies, for example, to four veterans released on Thursday by the Chiefs, including corners Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon and linebackers Shawn Barber and Gary Stills.

As to players cut on Wednesday, they remain cut and are free to sign with any other team.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

dfwvike is offline Training Camp

I'm with 6-Kings line them up for a nut kickin. Put Culpepper in the front of the line.
    Special Teams are Key!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"mnjamie" wrote:
    THURSDAY CUTS UNDONE

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that, due to the three-day extension to the deadline for getting under the 2006 salary cap, the NFL has undone any cuts that were made by teams on Thursday.

This applies, for example, to four veterans released on Thursday by the Chiefs, including corners Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon and linebackers Shawn Barber and Gary Stills.

As to players cut on Wednesday, they remain cut and are free to sign with any other team.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    Now thats what I call BS.......Players are probably feeling like a dam yo yo right about now...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Why is this not put in a seperate thread, nobody is gonna come in here to look for this information, on the 3 day delay.

Doesn't make any sense, unlocking the other thread that ned started can't hurt anybody.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

how is the delay of free agency BS?

im really happy it happened. it needs to get done so there's a deal before free agency begins.

just because we are looking foward to it, doesnt mean it has to happen.

its better this way.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"vikingstw" wrote:
    Why is this not put in a seperate thread, nobody is gonna come in here to look for this information, on the 3 day delay.

Doesn't make any sense, unlocking the other thread that ned started can't hurt anybody.
    i agree.

this is deserving of a new thread if ive ever seen one.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"JDante" wrote:
    when u say we are "one of the few" teams that are actually under the cap u musta had some incorrect information somewhere down the line. Only 11 out of the 32 teams in the NFL are over the cap. We just so happen to be that team that is wayyyy under the cap we are actually the ones with the most cap room to work under.

SO that i do understand, but what i dont get is does this mean that while other teams are dropping all of there best teams, we can pick them up? So guys like Warfield and Lawyer Milloy and Trevor Pryce are just available to us? I kinda like that idea but...that would just be turning the NFL into the MLB. Where teams revenue decide how good they will be. I mean money has always been a factor but this is seriously changing the entire structure of the NFL. And if the Vikings actuallly ARE the best team next year i dont want there to be this big "well, if it wasnt for that CBA thing" goin on. But, i cant do nothin about it i guess id just be happy to see the Vikings win it. I just dont know if this is the way i expected it to go down...
    there are only about 3 teams with enough money to sign numerous big name players..most teams can only add 1-2 decent players, while we can add 4-5 high priced guys
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: very important!!

"briboy75" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    Please DO NOT use a thread title like you did just to get people to read your post - it's NOT good etiquette...
    I couldn't agree more. I can't stand generic title name like "Very important", or "Read this". The tittle should indicate the subject of what you are posting.
    i changed it before you commented, so figure that out before bashing me
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

why i had to read this?
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

Re: very important!!

"olson_10" wrote:
    "briboy75" wrote:
    "shockzilla" wrote:
    Please DO NOT use a thread title like you did just to get people to read your post - it's NOT good etiquette...
    I couldn't agree more. I can't stand generic title name like "Very important", or "Read this". The tittle should indicate the subject of what you are posting.
    i changed it before you commented, so figure that out before bashing me
    He wasn't bashing you, but he was commenting on that situation. You're not the only one to do it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast