Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Veron Davis, our new tight end

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    No. I'd take Mercedes Lewis before I'd take him. Micheal Pittman for the Bucs is HUGE, I mean argubly the biggest arms in the NFL, but he sucks. TE in the first round? IDK , I mean Wiggins is gettin older and it wouldnt hurt, but its not a concern.
    Thats not true, Michael Pittman does not suck, he's beast burried behind Cadilac. I've watched Pittman's career and he's had good years with a lack of run blocking around him.

Plus i got a picture with him and yes his arms are the size of my upper torso.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"napo58" wrote:
    Vernon Davis has hands like Wiggins but 10 times the athlete and better body.

I don't know how the heck can people think Wiggins is even close to a threat as this guy. This guy can STRETCH THE FIELD, he is feared, he is scary. Nobody cares about or guards Wiggins. How many times did I see WIggins double covered or trying to be contained like Gonzalez or Gates??

Cmon people, Wiggins can't play like Vernon Davis.
    He is feared in college.

Wait until he a layed out in the NFL.

Won't be so feared then...methinks. :razz:

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"napo58" wrote:

I don't know how the heck can people think Wiggins is even close to a threat as this guy. This guy can STRETCH THE FIELD, he is feared, he is scary. Nobody cares about or guards Wiggins. How many times did I see WIggins double covered or trying to be contained like Gonzalez or Gates??

That is a good thing right? No wonder we throw to him so much. I'll take an open receiver who will catch the ball anyday rather than someone who will supposedly be feared. However I believe in the NFL you don't fear someone, you look forward to being able to show them up and make yourself look great though.
    ;-)

I think your wrong ultra, this guy obviously is not all speed and strength, thats gonna help him for sure but its obviously proven he has great hands (led his team in receptions). Looks like he's a hard worker as far as a weight lifter, get him on a NFL team where he can devote his life to football and the sky is the limit.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"MrGopher16" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:

That is a good thing right? No wonder we throw to him so much. I'll take an open receiver who will catch the ball anyday rather than someone who will supposedly be feared. However I believe in the NFL you don't fear someone, you look forward to being able to show them up and make yourself look great though.
    Exactly! At any level of football you are looking to make a play. You can't be scared of anyone no matter what. You go out there and go balls to the walls and dont worry about getting hurt or anything, thats what you got pads on for.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"vikingstw" wrote:
    I think your wrong ultra, this guy obviously is not all speed and strength, thats gonna help him for sure but its obviously proven he has great hands (led his team in receptions). Looks like he's a hard worker as far as a weight lifter, get him on a NFL team where he can devote his life to football and the sky is the limit.
    No, I was only given a photo of him and that he is a beast to begin woth. Then others chimed in with info on the guy.

I was trying to prove a point. We need more than knowledge that he is a beast, thats all.

Coaches fear opposing players and don't say they don't, coaches fear opposing players so they gameplan to stop them, the players dont have to fear them.

http://football.about.com/od/nationalfootballleague/p/vernondavis.htm

Soft Hands, I'm very very intriged by this guy, its what i love about the draft.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

I'm glad VikingsSTW and NAPO are not in the Viking Front Office, whew!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    No. I'd take Mercedes Lewis before I'd take him. Micheal Pittman for the Bucs is HUGE, I mean argubly the biggest arms in the NFL, but he sucks. TE in the first round? IDK , I mean Wiggins is gettin older and it wouldnt hurt, but its not a concern.
    Thats not true, Michael Pittman does not suck, he's beast burried behind Cadilac. I've watched Pittman's career and he's had good years with a lack of run blocking around him.

Plus i got a picture with him and yes his arms are the size of my upper torso.
    Michael Pittman has been in the league for 8 years and has never had 1000 yards in a season. He has had plenty of chances to show he is a capable back so being "buried" behind Cadilac doesnt really work as an excuse. According to Napo size and strength make you good, and considering how big pittman is he should be putting up a 1000 yards every season then.

Seeing as he hasnt even taken a snap in the NFL I dont know how you can tell us he is 10 times better than him. He has yet to prove ANYTHING in the NFL. If he was putting up numbers like Gates did the past 2 years I would be arguing with you. But this whole discussion pretty much has no substance with you trying to compare him to Wiggins

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

OMG this dudes freak!

http://umterps.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/davis_vernon00.html

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast