Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

Re: Veron Davis, our new tight end

"napo58" wrote:
    Buddy, Boston was amazing till he decided to get bigger and get on roids. He was too big that he blew out his knees. This guys body is well proportioned. He has a thick upper and lower body frame. Wiggins waddles like a penguin, come on!!!
    He catches everything thrown to him thats something you cant learn in the weight room

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Dude, you play football right?

Its not all about size and strength.

Sure it helps but their is way more to it than that. I coach, I see it firsthand everyday.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"napo58" wrote:
    guys, he is a tight end from maryland. 4.41 40 yard dash, 460 bench, 600 squat, 3 percent body fat. Id take him any day over wigginns. Wiggins body is pure waste. Every time someone is guarding him, they always take him down. he is easy to take down, no strength and minimal speed. Veron would scare people. Wiggins is just an average joe who catches a ball when no one guards him. Pretty simple.
    Wiggins gets the bulk of our receptions for a reason. We can consistently count on him to catch the ball, and I have seen him make some pretty athletic moves in an attempt to gain extra yardage. Definitely not a waste. Yeah this guy MIGHT be great in the NFL but we are fine, no we are better than fine at our TE position.

Best of luck to this guy in the NFL though.
    ;-)

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I've met this guy in person while on the job. The guy is not a workout warrior, he is just a warrior, a heck of an athelete and a competitor. He would be a steal at 17... a STEAL. I saw this guy shake off three Florida State defenders in one play. I mean shrug off his back with little effort. However since he will not be there at 17 and we have more pressing issues I will not let my mouth water. When was the last time we had a threat at tight end anyway? Steve Jordan? Wiggens is ok and Kleinsasser is good...but that's the thing, there ok. This guy will be great.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

no, but veron davis will be catching from Daunte Culpepper, so i dont see how he will be a bust. Wiggins, move your fat, chicken leg, skinny arms ugly body over and let Veron Davis get in. Veron can strech the field and will make our offense 5 times as dangerous. All Wiggins says is "I don't run a 4.4, Im not 6'4, but I get the job done." Kleinsasser does everything wiggins can and better.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"napo58" wrote:

Look at this stud. He is a beast and we should trade up or find someway to get him.

A lot of NFl players look like that.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "napo58" wrote:
    Buddy, Boston was amazing till he decided to get bigger and get on roids. He was too big that he blew out his knees. This guys body is well proportioned. He has a thick upper and lower body frame. Wiggins waddles like a penguin, come on!!!
    He catches everything thrown to him thats something you cant learn in the weight room
    There's some insight that is needed here.

My kids think I am the strongest man on earth but I aint making this years draft. :grin:

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"napo58" wrote:
    guys, he is a tight end from maryland. 4.41 40 yard dash, 460 bench, 600 squat, 3 percent body fat. Id take him any day over wigginns. Wiggins body is pure waste. Every time someone is guarding him, they always take him down. he is easy to take down, no strength and minimal speed. Veron would scare people. Wiggins is just an average joe who catches a ball when no one guards him. Pretty simple.
    You have alot to learn. If pure strength and speed meant NFL greatness than DAVID BOSTON would be a household name. Go check out what Ben Watson did in the combine two years ago and is he more reliable than wiggins? No he drops passes and still runs routes the wrong way. And I am not sure how many Viking games you have watched but Wiggins has caught plenty of balls with men on. Now I will agree that Wiggins DOES not look like an NFL player, more like the Pillsbury Doe Man!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Dude, you play football right?

Its not all about size and strength.

Sure it helps but their is way more to it than that. I coach, I see it firsthand everyday.

AMEN
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Thank you ENLVIKEMAN!!!

Vernon catches everything too!!! He can run and is a great player!!! He is no joke OK!! Nobody can guard him and defenders including linebackers are AFRAID to tackle him. I dont see why we couldn't get him at 17. That is if Darnell Bing is gone. Wiggins style is ugly, Im sick of 5 yard dumpoffs and everyone thinks he is "so" great and does his job. If you threw any tight end in the nfl a dump off, he would catch it and can RUN after the catch.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast