Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Veron Davis, our new tight end

thats kinda mediocre for a guarentee actually, since it is so relative. a better guarantee would be a yardage thing or touchdowns, what if he never even faces urlacher, oh and is his name vernon or veron?
    I m Down For A Boat Party

straight_party.tripod.com

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Hes in the league, just like every other second stringer in the NFL. Becuase hes not good enough to be a number 1, but hes not bad enough to cut.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

"napo58" wrote:
    Vernon will make Urlacher look very very silly and average.

how about that guarantee.
    I think it's a risky guarantee. There's a big transition from college to pros, many are overestimated while some make a perfect transition. It's way too tough to tell us not only that he will do great, but to tell us what kind of yards he'll average per catch and that he'll make a NFL icon linebacker look silly is a little overboard.

It is cool that you're excited about his career though, i have no problem with that.
    ;-)

thats kinda mediocre for a guarentee actually, since it is so relative. a better guarantee would be a yardage thing or touchdowns, what if he never even faces urlacher, oh and is his name vernon or veron?

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Urlacher will back off just like he does to everyone more physically imposing than him. (A.k.a Bus)

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'm going to pretend you didnt argue back that Micheal Pittman (who I watch play alot since I live in the Tampa area and my best friend has GOOD season tickets) is good and has been stuck behind bad lines. Pittman will never be nothing more then a relief back and second best. Hes terrible, he has no knose for holes, and just runs straight up into piles. MNjamie can validate all this information.
    I used to watch him when i lived in AZ, went to a few of there training camps. He was a good football player. Have not seen him play for the bucs just know he plays for them.

He may not be the best RB but he's been in the league FOR NINE YEARS as a RB, not bad, he's doin something right.
    NINE YEARS and has been a back-up the majority of them for a reason, when he started it was out of necessity, not talent.

He has no moves and average speed. If he could just stop beating his wife and terrorizing motorists on Hwy 60 with his pistol cause of road rage ... he might be something some day ........... NOT!

napo58 is offline Pro-Bowler

how does he have no talent?? he is a pretty fast back too, as evident to his 60 plus yard run against the saints yesterday.

sharper42 is offline Pro-Bowler

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    just get rid of klienssaser for how much money he takes up for doing nothing, and draft this guy to fill his postion but keep wiggins also because hes a legend
    You really cant be serious about Kleiny ... he does so many of the "dirty" jobs for this team it is unreal .... Just yesterday against the Bears , he was the one who blocked that kick. He picks up blitzes, enables our shaky line to actually have a strong side to run too, has great soft hands, plays numerous roles on special teams ... He is worth every penny we pay him and then some.
    he is also very injury-prone
    our only sure-handed receiver

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

"sharper42" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    just get rid of klienssaser for how much money he takes up for doing nothing, and draft this guy to fill his postion but keep wiggins also because hes a legend
    You really cant be serious about Kleiny ... he does so many of the "dirty" jobs for this team it is unreal .... Just yesterday against the Bears , he was the one who blocked that kick. He picks up blitzes, enables our shaky line to actually have a strong side to run too, has great soft hands, plays numerous roles on special teams ... He is worth every penny we pay him and then some.
    he is also very injury-prone
    but he's tough and generally plays through them...

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast