Thread: Vanilla Gorilla

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Vanilla Gorilla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CObtOq1MRA

Heard Gil Brandt and Gannon talking alot about this guy on Sirius NFL radio. What do you all think?

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Vanilla Gorilla

Not sure how you did it, but I was able to watch that video. Thanks.

Couple things....

a. Shows some really nice change of direction coming off the blocks even though the flow of the blocking scheme is taking him one way, he gets off of it and gets to the runner.

b. Nice backend pursuit on several plays that he seems to be out of.

c. He is really not beating many double or triple teams in here. Almost all of them are single coverage/man up blocking.

Wish I knew more about the college teams. It would be interesting to see (other than Woodhead) what OLmen he was beating in all of these plays. Are they top of the line "Pro Ready" or are they nobodies that will be bagging groceries next year.

Not much out there on him on the draft sites, in fact, his name doesn't show on many draft site value boards. Only mention of him that I could find right away without search other sites, was Drafttek has him listed as the 9th best NT (3-4).

In the end, good stuff though my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Geebus is offline Waterboy

He would look good handing it off to Peterson.... OH wait not another QB thread?!

Well only judging on the vid he looks like a beast. Hard to tell tho would be ok using a later round pick if he is what he is on vid then he could fill a huge hole left by pat :-)
    None

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Geebus" #1092932
    He would look good handing it off to Peterson.... OH wait not another QB thread?!

Well only judging on the vid he looks like a beast. Hard to tell tho would be ok using a later round pick if he is what he is on vid then he could fill a huge hole left by pat :-)
    Well, he looks good going one on one, but I wouldn't say he is a beast. Get me some more film showing him consistently beating double and triple teams against top notch schools (lineman) and then maybe the "Beast" could be used.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg