Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

The Value of this Years Draft...or Busts

I have realized recently that the draft has given us a few busts here and there...but it seems this years could be the difference between Super Bowls and the Bears making the Playoffs again.
    What do you guys think are big busts in the lasts few drafts, and do you think this draft will have the Super Bowl written all over it..if we do it right??

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: The Value of this Years Draft...or Busts

I'm a little confused as to what you're saying. But, if I'm understanding you, I think that this is the most important draft in a while. Partly because we have 5 first day picks, but mainly because we are in the first market for a franchise QB for the first time in 8 years. There are so many questions and moves we can make... Break the bank for Leinart? Trade up to #10 for Cutler? Wait where we are to see who drops? Ernie Sims or Chad Greenway? Omar or Charlie?

I can't wait until the draft, so baseball will have to do for now.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

EEEK BASEBALL YESSS>>>GO YANKS

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    EEEK BASEBALL YESSS>>>GO YANKS
    Ouch, the Yankees. Just jokin man. It's tough gettin into baseball when you live in Kansas City. Oh well, playin is much more fun than watchin anyway.

If you talking about this draft class as a whole, then I think they are above average but not "spectacular". I think that every year we get hyped up about the draft because that's what we football fans do. And every year we think this maybe the year that our savior comes but in the end it's just another draft.

As for the Vikings specifically, I think this is a draft where we can build some good young depth. Five out of the first 100 picks is nothing to scoff at. I just hope we choose the building up method rather than the trade everything away for a gamble method.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    If you talking about this draft class as a whole, then I think they are above average but not "spectacular". I think that every year we get hyped up about the draft because that's what we football fans do. And every year we think this maybe the year that our savior comes but in the end it's just another draft.

As for the Vikings specifically, I think this is a draft where we can build some good young depth. Five out of the first 100 picks is nothing to scoff at. I just hope we choose the building up method rather than the trade everything away for a gamble method.

-DD
    But we are looking for our franchise QB, so it's do or die time.

Yankees Spankies. Twins all the way.

I do not know if any draft is more important than another. If there is it is when you are missing one piece to make a Super Bowl. I am not certain if we are missing just one piece. We do not have a high enough pick to make it "important" on a qb. No more or less important than last year.
    We can solve poverty today.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I think it is very important to find a good QB in this draft. BJ has a good year or 2 left in him and we need to have someone in place in the next 2 years so yes I do believe this is a very important draft for the orgainzation

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

tbone0217 is offline Training Camp

I think it is important draft but not becasue of our QB situation. I'd sleep just fine if we didn't draft a QB this year, you look at all the QB's that trade locker rooms every year and I think we would easily be able to go out and find a free agent QB next year. I want players that we can drop in this year to fill holes, we need someone with a nasty attitude that can play linebacker. We absolutely need to plug Rosenthal's hole at Guard, and we need a SS to fill the void left by Chavous. We find guys in the draft that can fill these voids and we are back in the post season!! It also won't hurt that the Bears have to play a first place schedule!
    tbone0217

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Fox Sports says that we could take another WR with # 17 pick. They listed Chad Jackson of Florida :scratch:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast