Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

USC QB Mark Sabchez announces for draft

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/111130-hola-mark-sanchez-hasta-luego-tarvaris-jackson

Today, Jan. 14, 2009, USC Quarterback Mark Sanchez told reporters that he will be forgoing his senior season to enter the 2009 NFL Draft. In his junior year he passed for 34 touchdowns and 10 interceptions.

In addition, Oklahoma Quarterback Sam Bradford announced he will be staying at Oklahoma for another year, raising Sanchez' stock even higher.

There are only a few teams that enter the 2009 draft looking for a quarterback: Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, and the Minnesota Vikings.

Unless you're clueless about the NFL, or the Minnesota Vikings, you know that they need a quarterback rather badly.Minnesota currently holds the No. 23 pick currently. There is a great chance that they will have to trade up if they want Mark on their team...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: USC QB Mark Sabchez announces for draft

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    ....Unless you're clueless about the NFL, or the Minnesota Vikings, you know that they need a quarterback rather badly.Minnesota currently holds the No. 23 pick currently. There is a great chance that they will have to trade up if they want Mark on their team...
    Yeah, sign another hack college superstar and become the Lions of the NFL with QBs instead of WRs.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

He sure flip flops on what he wants to do. Maybe he visited Detroit and decided it was a nice place to raise a family after all.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I don't like Sanchez.
    IMO, he's no better than Booty playing at USC, he's the worst starting qb they've had since before Palmer (and probably before that, i don't remember who was before palmer), yet he'll probably get drafted higher for some reason.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Don't know much about him myself, but we don't need another
    QB to groom, we already have two, and if you ask me, thats one to many already.

We need to look long and hard at the Vets who are out there in FAgency, and pick the best out of that crop,
    or go all out and trade for a serious upgrade.

So I Say, NO THANKS !

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:

We need to look long and hard at the Vets who are out there in FAgency, and pick the best out of that crop,

So I Say, NO THANKS !
    Although I agree with you that we don't need this cat, I would say that I bet they do draft another QB this year.
    IMHO you can't have enough of those guys in different stages of readiness.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

So I Say, NO THANKS !
    Although I agree with you that we don't need this cat, I would say that I bet they do draft another QB this year.
    IMHO you can't have enough of those guys in different stages of readiness.

True.. adam caplin says that we won't draft a QB in the first round.. we're looking to bring in a vet... and also, he said, tht Booty will NEVER be a starter in the NFL.. he doesn't have the tools...

seems to think sullivan isn't anywhere near ready either... so we may re-sign birk...

sharper is as good as gone!!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know, I kind of like Sanchez.

He's big, athletic, has great mechanics, and a quick release.

But he doesn't have that much experience as a starter.

I don't know what I want to do about our QB situation. Mostly because I don't believe we'll have success with any QB running the KAO.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think Mark Sanchez could be the next Joe Flacco, but that is a HUGE risk, and we'd have to trade a bunch to get him. I don't think it's worth it.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

"Prophet" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    ....Unless you're clueless about the NFL, or the Minnesota Vikings, you know that they need a quarterback rather badly.Minnesota currently holds the No. 23 pick currently. There is a great chance that they will have to trade up if they want Mark on their team...
    Yeah, sign another hack college superstar and become the Lions of the NFL with QBs instead of WRs.
    Pretty poor analogy in my opinion.

The Lions spent three consecutive top 10 picks in a row on wide receivers, and four in five years.
    The Vikings haven't drafted a quarterback in round 1 since Daunte Culpepper in 1999.
    Since then, they've
    only drafted three quarterbacks total: Tarvaris Jackson (2nd round), Tyler Thigpen (7th round), and John David Booty (5th round).

Futhermore, the Lions were blasted not just for drafting wide receivers, but because it wasn't a need and wasn't working.
    They had problems across the board and only seemed to improve one position.
    The Vikings have had a pretty clear need at QB since Culpepper went down.

Finally, QB is clearly the most important position in the game.
    Finding a franchise QB is difficult, but if a team succeeds in doing so they are usually rewarded with many years of winning seasons and chances to win a Super Bowl.
    Once you have that guy, you can build around him.

But I don't watch much college football (and make a point of avoiding USC), so I'm not sure how good Sanchez really is.
    He could be a legitimate blue chip prospect, or he could be benefiting from a weak QB class.
    If the Vikes think he's legit, I say go for it.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast