Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: updated mock

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

updated mock

1. Houston Texans: Mario Williams, DE, North Carolina State -- He'll be a good player, but that's not the point. You don't pass up Bush.

2. New Orleans Saints: Reggie Bush, RB, USC -- The Saints will gladly take Bush and watch him become a star in their city. They can't believe he falls to them.

3. Tennessee Titans: Vince Young, QB, Texas -- The owner and the general manager want Young, while the coaches want Matt Leinart. I would pick Leinart. They pick Young.

4. New York Jets: Matt Leinart, QB, USC -- I just don't buy all the talk that they aren't sold on Leinart. They need a franchise quarterback and he will be a star in New York, owning the town like Joe Namath once did.

5. Green Bay Packers: A.J. Hawk, LB, Ohio State -- This is the right spot for him. He will become one of those favored sons in Green Bay. They also consider tight end Vernon Davis, but the defense needs help more.

6. San Francisco 49ers: Vernon Davis, TE, Maryland -- This pick is what the 49ers want. They've turned down trade offers for this spot with an eye on taking Davis. They need a weapon for Alex Smith.

7. Oakland Raiders: Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon -- They need a wide body in he middle of their line and Ngata can provide that. He takes over for Ted Washington.

8. Buffalo Bills: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T, Virginia -- They consider Jay Cutler, but they can't believe this kid is still on the board. They need a left tackle, and he is it.

9. Detroit Lions: Michael Huff, CB-S, Texas -- The Lions will consider FSU linebacker Ernie Sims here, but Huff is a guy they think can come in bring toughness to their secondary.

10. Arizona Cardinals: Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State -- There is some concern about his concussions, but they love this kid. He joins Karlos Dansby to give them a special group of outside linebackers.

11. St. Louis Rams: Tye Hill, CB, Clemson -- They will consider Jay Cutler in this spot, but they need some help now on defense. Marc Bulger is fine for now at quarterback.

12. Cleveland Browns: Kamerion Wimbley, DE, Florida State -- He will be a stand-up rusher in their 3-4 defense, a position he can play with his athletic ability.

13. Baltimore Ravens: Brodrick Bunkley, DT, Florida State -- He isn't a power player, but he can play tackle or end in their defense. They wouldn't mind Ngata, but since he's gone they take Bunkley.

14. Philadelphia Eagles: Winston Justice, T, USC -- The Eagles love to take offensive linemen and Justice fits the need He can take over for right tackle for Jon Runyan next year.

15. Denver Broncos: Santonio Holmes, WR, Ohio State -- They need a big-play receiver and Holmes can run. He's small, but he can fly.

16. Miami Dolphins: Manny Lawson, DE, North Carolina State -- The word going around the league is that Nick Saban and his staff are really high on this player. He can get after the quarterback.

17. Minnesota Vikings: Jay Cutler, QB, Vanderbilt -- They need a quarterback for the future and Brad Childress would have to be thrilled if Cutler fell to him here.

18. Dallas Cowboys: Bobby Carpenter, OLB, Ohio State -- They get a guy to play opposite DeMarcus Ware, a player who can come off the edge with a burst. The Cowboys could also consider a safety here.

19. San Diego Chargers: Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida State -- This is a team in need of corners and Cromartie is soaring up the boards. He missed last year with ACL injury, but he's back to 100-percent.

20. Kansas City Chiefs: Tamba Hali, DE, Kansas City -- They need a pass rusher and this guy is high on their board.

21. New England Patriots: DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis -- They have to start thinking that Corey Dillon is coming to the end. Their running game wasn't good last year. Williams can cure that.

22. San Francisco 49ers (From Denver): Jimmy Williams, CB, Virginia Tech -- He would go a lot higher if not for his off-field worries. Williams can play both corner and safety. We hear the 49ers like him.

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Donte Whitner, S, Ohio State -- This kid can run and the Bucs lost Dexter Jackson in free agency. He also has a chance to play some corner down the road.

24. Cincinnati Bengals: Jason Allen, CB-S, Tennessee -- He has some issues with a hip, but he has showed well in his workouts. He can play corner or safety, which is a plus.

25. New York Giants: Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina -- They have to get better against the pass and this is a way to do so. Sam Madison is just a one or two-year plug.

26. Chicago Bears: Marcedes Lewis, TE, UCLA -- They haven't had a tight end since Mike Ditka who was worth anything. Lewis can stretch a defense, even if his 40 times isn't that great.

27. Carolina Panthers: LenDale White, RB, USC -- They need a big back and White can take over in that role. He has some baggage, but the Panthers are said to like him.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars: Chad Greenway, LB, Iowa -- They never thought he'd fall to them here, but they’re glad he did. He will start right away.

29. New York Jets (From Denver): Laurence Maroney, RB, Minnesota - Curtis Martin can't play forever and Maroney is a steal in this spot.

30. Indianapolis Colts: Joseph Addai, RB, LSU -- They have to get a replacement for Edgerrin James and Addai is perfect for what they want to do. He can run, catch and block.

31. Seattle Seahawks: Richard Marshall, CB, Fresno State -- They need to fill a hole at corner with the loss of Andre Dyson and Marshall is the guy to do that. Could go for a offensive lineman here as well.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Chad Jackson, WR, Florida -- They can't believe he fell to them here. He takes over for Antwaan Randle El.

mock
    i dont see young and lienert going 3 and 4 i personally dont like this mock but we get cutler so i am happy!!!

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: updated mock

I would like to see us get Cutler, but with the QB needs for the teams ahead of us, I don't see any of the 'Big 3' dropping to us. I think we'll pick up a LB/CB or RB with our first pick, and with one our 2nd rounders we will get a QB and whatever other position I mentioned before, that we didn't pick.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

I dont know man... I think the Cardinals may take Cutler instead, all they got at QB is Warner, and the Ravens might get him if he falls there... I'd like to get a LB in the first, Cutler could be a good pick, but if Greenway's still available I;m not completely sure which one I'd rather have. And I highly doubt Young's going before Leinart
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

revprodeji is offline Starter

its almost official that the saints trade the pick. They have deuce and other major needs
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

They might take D'Brickashaw at number 2 if they dont want to risk trading down and not getting him.
    WE CAN BUILD ON THIS!!!

In AP I trust

revprodeji is offline Starter

from what I hear they dont really care between Fergie, hawk and they know ten is going QB, so trading down to NJ doesnt do much problem to them
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

I'd love Cutler at 17. I think Denny will pick him, though. I think Denny would pick him, just to job us, and he could use him. Greenway at 17 is fine. Whitehurst or Croyle in the 2, not exciting, but if they could be groomed....we need a smart QB, not a fantastic athlete. We had that guy. He didn't really work out.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

i cant look at another mock
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Cutler! score I hope we get him

Formerly Viking24

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Vegetarians are eating the rainforest. =(

That's hilarious!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast