My friend Shawn Zobel over at http://draftheadquarters.com/index.php?action=portalindex&cat_id=34342 has just informed me that he has recently updated his ranking for all the draft eligible prospects for the NFL. Pretty interesting stuff. Click on the link and take a read.
He also has his "mock draft" posted, too with the Vikings taking Reggie Smith from Oklahoma with our first choice. He could be a cornerback or a safety.
Here's Shawn's take on Zobel:
The Vikings could use help at both wide receiver and defensive end, but they could also use a playmaker for their secondary. While they would love to have Kenny Phillips fall to them, Smith is easily the second best safety available this year. The Oklahoma star is as versatile as you can get as a defensive back and is being projected as a cornerback as well safety. The Vikes could use some help at nickel back and they could use a star at safety, which makes Smith such a great pick. Calais Campbell, Derrick Harvey, DeSean Jackson, James Hardy, and Mario Manningham are other options.
Here's another bit from Shawn:
- This one’s from me: The Vikings really like Jason Jones, the defensive end from Eastern Michigan. Whether that means they’ll pass on a DE in the 1st Round, who knows.