Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Untested Jackson ready for scrutiny, challenge of taking over as Vikings QB

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Our Offense is geared to keep the pressure off the young QB. He shouldn't have too many 3rd and longs this year. A strong running game and a quick 3-5 step drop with quick throws will let our other play-makers get some YAK.
    How is our offense geared at taking the pressure off the QB?
    I have yet to see one instance where a QB in the new offense hasn't been under pressure or in need of making too quick decisions. Since we have essentially the same line, the same scheme and rookies and unproven new players at QB,RB,WR and TE I can't see how any fan has a way of evaluating what our scheme will do. If it was just familiarity with the system then you would think we would have seen a progression of execution as the season progressed,but the team went backwards if anything towards the end of the season except some good running performances by taylor that didn't translate to wins.
    I should have said that he's going to need help from his teammates. Our O-line will be better, Our recievers could well be surprising, T-will should have a stan-out year. All he has to do is make a few catches where last year were drops, and with the running game keeping Tarvarus out of 3rd and long, Jackson will have more to choose from play wise, while keeping the defense guessing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Our Offense is geared to keep the pressure off the young QB. He shouldn't have too many 3rd and longs this year. A strong running game and a quick 3-5 step drop with quick throws will let our other play-makers get some YAK.
    I have yet to see one instance where a QB in the new offense hasn't been under pressure or in need of making too quick decisions. Since we have essentially the same line, the same scheme and rookies and unproven new players at QB,RB,WR and TE I can't see how any fan has a way of evaluating what our scheme will do. If it was just familiarity with the system then you would think we would have seen a progression of execution as the season progressed,but the team went backwards if anything towards the end of the season except some good running performances by taylor that didn't translate to wins.
    I should have said that he's going to need help from his teammates. Our O-line will be better, Our recievers could well be surprising, T-will should have a stan-out year. All he has to do is make a few catches where last year were drops, and with the running game keeping Tarvarus out of 3rd and long, Jackson will have more to choose from play wise, while keeping the defense guessing.
    Executing a balanced offense.

That means......

WR's don't drop the ball when it hits you in the hands.....
    WR get off the line cleanly and run thier routes as planned......
    OL doesn't have pre-snap penalties......
    OT's don't look like turnstyles.......
    Backs pick up blitzes......
    TE's find the seams etc etc etc........

If everyone does that along with a good running attack/play action, then the Defense will be back on its heals and reacting vice dictating to the Offense.
    That my friend is how the Offense helps out a young QB.

Additionally, hope hope hope, we can put a bit of pressure on thier QB, get a few turnovers in good field position and get some easy scores.
    That is how a Defense can help a young QB.

Team effort baby.
    Alls starts with execution.
    Doing your job as planned/coached.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

That's a big 10-4 Marrdro, and with a year of this system under our belt's youbecha the execution by the players will be much better. We won't have all thore pre-snap penalties either as the O-line has digested the system, less thinking about responsibility will help them Fire at the same time.

"PurpleTide" wrote:

That's a big 10-4 Marrdro, and with a year of this system under our belt's youbecha the execution by the players will be much better. We won't have all thore pre-snap penalties either as the O-line has digested the system, less thinking about responsibility will help them Fire at the same time.
    I'm gonna say it again as well.

Our coaching staff learned stuff last year as well.
    I am a 100% convinced that our staff will make better game plans and game time decisions as well.

This is gonna be a team effort this year and for years to come.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

That means......

If everyone does that along with a good running attack/play action, then the Defense will be back on its heals and reacting vice dictating to the Offense.

Additionally, hope hope hope, we can put a bit of pressure on thier QB, get a few turnovers in good field position and get some easy scores.

Team effort baby.
    ;D

OK

But isn't that something that is considered mandatory in any offense in the NFL? Every one of those examples are fundamentals of football and not some recent revelation given to Childress carved on stone tablets on a mountain top. We could have kept the old offense,corrected all of those issues,and had a successful team so I need to have more specifics.

Tell me something like:
    Childress found while watching film that the right guard had trouble containing pressure when the defensive end rushed hard to the outside so he is bringing the tight end in to help block the end momentarily,then is going to release into the flat so the QB has an emergency outlet to throw to if nobody else is open. Explain to me how the scheme has been adjusted on the Oline after reviewing last years film to be able to give the QB more time to throw the ball.

Blog Entries

With that being said, I would like to see Kleinsasser used as a blocking back lined up ahead of AP. I really think we need to keep our big blocking backs in the game to help punch holes for the running game and to give more protection for the QB during pass plays. If we can tighten up our formations and give TJ some time to get comfortable in the pocket we can have a successful offense. I really feel we have the talent to score lots of points and control the clock,which can be crucial late in the season and in the playoffs if the leadership is there.

I would love to see us grind out the yards on the ground and then strike with a crossing route a few times a game for a big gain coupled by a few long runs by AP when he gets a gap to run through.
    ;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

That means......

Team effort baby.

;D

OK

But isn't that something that is considered mandatory in any offense in the NFL? Every one of those examples are fundamentals of football and not some recent revelation given to Childress carved on stone tablets on a mountain top. We could have kept the old offense,corrected all of those issues,and had a successful team so I need to have more specifics.

Tell me something like:
    Childress found while watching film that the right guard had trouble containing pressure when the defensive end rushed hard to the outside so he is bringing the tight end in to help block the end momentarily,then is going to release into the flat so the QB has an emergency outlet to throw to if nobody else is open. Explain to me how the scheme has been adjusted on the Oline after reviewing last years film to be able to give the QB more time to throw the ball.
    Unfortunately truth be told this team just didn't execute last year.

That is the only thing I blame the Chiller for.
    I feel it is his responsibility to get them ready to play.

It might sound pretty simple, however, there isn't any other specifics to tell you.

I could go into the whole lengthy discussion about things like Zone Blocking leading to confusion, leading to presnap penalties, missed blocks etc however I have told you that before and just like you said above, I think you said get rid of the scheme.

Anyway, I do blame the Chiller for not having the team ready to execute and I blame the team for not executing.
    You only blame the Chiller.
    Admit it my friend.
    You want Tice back.
    ;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    With that being said, I would like to see Kleinsasser used as a blocking back lined up ahead of AP. I really think we need to keep our big blocking backs in the game to help punch holes for the running game and to give more protection for the QB during pass plays. If we can tighten up our formations and give TJ some time to get comfortable in the pocket we can have a successful offense. I really feel we have the talent to score lots of points and control the clock,which can be crucial late in the season and in the playoffs if the leadership is there.

I would love to see us grind out the yards on the ground and then strike with a crossing route a few times a game for a big gain coupled by a few long runs by AP when he gets a gap to run through.
    ;D
    Sounds almost like a WCO with a bit of a run first to setup the pass vice a pass first to setup the run.
    Of course you could do one or the other first based on the opposing defenses weakness.

Hmmmmmmm
    Sounds to me you do like the scheme then?
    ;D

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    [quote author=PurpleTide link=topic=36129.msg609407#msg609407 date=1185641802]

That means......

Team effort baby.
    ;D

OK

Tell me something like:
    Unfortunately truth be told this team just didn't execute last year.

That is the only thing I blame the Chiller for.
    I feel it is his responsibility to get them ready to play.

It might sound pretty simple, however, there isn't any other specifics to tell you.

I could go into the whole lengthy discussion about things like Zone Blocking leading to confusion, leading to presnap penalties, missed blocks etc however I have told you that before and I think you said get rid of the scheme.

Anyway, I do blame the Chiller for not having the team ready to execute and I blame the team for not executing.
    [glow=red,2,300]You only blame the Chiller[/glow].
    Admit it my friend.
    You want Tice back.
    ;D

[/quote]

That is where you are wrong I was harsh on Green for the fact that his teams had stupid penalties at bad times, I was the same way with Tice and the trend continues with Childress.(actually it goes back to Burnsie). If you want to label me because I have high expectations and refuse to be hypnotized by reading some team generated press release horse crap that has yet to be demonstrated on the field then so be it. I could really care less.Potential and 7 dollars will get you a double latte espresso at the local coffee shop.

To say I only blame the coach and not the players is an unsubstantiated and immature statement. I have blamed the Oline,wide receivers,secondary
    and QB in so many threads in the past year that your statement has no credibility.

And to the point about you telling me about execution and me saying change the scheme, last year was terrible and either the players were not good enough to execute the scheme or the coaches failed to coach the line to do their job properly. Now looking at last years line vs. this years line there wasn't a big change in players so my take on it is that the staff feels the talent is there, so what needs to be changed is either the coaching or the assignments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12