Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Untagged: A Faneca or F Adams.

Untagged!

Faneca (LG):
    http://www.nfl.com/players/alanfaneca/profile?id=FAN049971

Adams (LT:
    http://www.nfl.com/players/flozelladams/profile?id=ADA280969

On the Faneca link they have a video clip that is worth watching.

They are both 10 year vets.
    The are both left side guys.
    I wish there were natural righties they would be better fits.

They would be expensive I am sure of that. Could you imagine the OL with that combo.
    Talk about really setting AD up for the ultimate success.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Untagged: A Faneca or F Adams.

The last thing the Vikings would do is sign another big money O-lineman. We already have 4 out of the 5 spots locked up with multiyear deals, and Cook has been progressing on the right side. It just wouldn't make any sense. We have other needs.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

I feel comfortable with Cook he seems to be prgressing really well, and Anthony Herrera is also doing the same. I like Herreras style. I think our starting o-line is set.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I dont think they want Adams or McKinnie at right tackle and Herrera got a big extension, i doubt any of those will be in Purple after free agency

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"aaeyers" wrote:
    The last thing the Vikings would do is sign another big money O-lineman. We already have 4 out of the 5 spots locked up with multiyear deals, and Cook has been progressing on the right side. It just wouldn't make any sense. We have other needs.
    What he said.

I think the biggest thing people need to understand (that don't like Cook) is the fact that he was thrown to the wolves last year and learned under fire right along with the rest of the 2006/2007 rooks and for the most part held up pretty well and improved as the year went on.

Bottom line up front, hate if you want, but this staff isn't gonna go out and splurge on a few older lineman to replace any of the starters that were on the field last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Well, I put it out there and it seems unpopular.

Yes, I agree it doesn't make much sense, especially when these guys are both left side guys which we are already paying a lot for out left side guys and it is also a risk to try and switch guys from their norm.

I for one have not been a hater of Cook or Herrera I think that they have both progressed this last year.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:

Yes, I agree it doesn't make much sense, especially when these guys are both left side guys which we are already paying a lot for out left side guys and it is also a risk to try and switch guys from their norm.

I for one have not been a hater of Cook or Herrera I think that they have both progressed this last year.

Don't get me wrong, I would be all for picking up one of these guys to plug into the backup role but believe that the biggest key to an OL being good is time.

The more these guys play together the better they will get. Thats why it is one of the only positions (other than QB) that players don't rotate in/out of.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I would be all for picking up one of these guys to plug into the backup role but believe that the biggest key to an OL being good is time.

The more these guys play together the better they will get. Thats why it is one of the only positions (other than QB) that players don't rotate in/out of.
    Unless you have a meathead coaching them.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

No bad mouthing the second best coach Minnesota has had.
    >

"Schutz" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

No bad mouthing the second best coach Minnesota has had.
    >
    R U Sure?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast