Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

NodakPaul wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    The issue with the draft, is top tackles go early. Its rare to get a guy who can start at LT right away and play well that late in the first. NOw, I don't know who's availabe in the draft, but I'd bet any rookie we get won't come close to playing as well as McKinnie. If we traded him for a high draft pick, then mayb eI'd consider it, but I wouldn't like it.
    Fair enough.

If the management is looking to mave a move at RT, this would be the year to avoid the cap hit. If not, I believe he is signed through 2013 or 2014.
    You mean LT?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    The issue with the draft, is top tackles go early. Its rare to get a guy who can start at LT right away and play well that late in the first. NOw, I don't know who's availabe in the draft, but I'd bet any rookie we get won't come close to playing as well as McKinnie. If we traded him for a high draft pick, then mayb eI'd consider it, but I wouldn't like it.
    Fair enough.

If the management is looking to mave a move at RT, this would be the year to avoid the cap hit. If not, I believe he is signed through 2013 or 2014.
    You mean LT?
    Not if he was thinking about moving Load to LT and then drafting a cat like Trent William or Bruce Campbell (one of which should be there at 30) who project out as RT possible LT guys.

If not, they could look at some cats like Jeremy Bridges (did some good things when Gandy went down)or even look at giving up something for Gaither, Brown or McNiell.

Again, it all gets back to the little nugget that I found that said we can let him go without a CAP hit. Lots of options on the table as long as you have the money.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Fair enough.

You mean LT?
    Not if he was thinking about moving Load to LT and then drafting a cat like Trent William or Bruce Campbell (one of which should be there at 30) who project out as RT possible LT guys.

If not, they could look at some cats like Jeremy Bridges (did some good things when Gandy went down)or even look at giving up something for Gaither, Brown or McNiell.

Again, it all gets back to the little nugget that I found that said we can let him go without a CAP hit. Lots of options on the table as long as you have the money.
    Actually I was just being a moron - I meant LT.

But what you said could make sense too Marrdro. Moving Loadholt to LT and drafting a RT could be feasible.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    C Mac D wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Fair enough.

You mean LT?

Actually I was just being a moron - I meant LT.

But what you said could make sense too Marrdro. Moving Loadholt to LT and drafting a RT could be feasible.
    I'm a fan of that plan as well.
    I think Load would be at least as good as Mac, and probably better.

But the real offensive line move I'd like to see, if any, would be an upgrade at right guard.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

VIPER420 is offline Rookie

Snyder and the Redskins are going to overpay all the free agents and we will get zip LOL! (please don't let this be an uncapped year)

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

KevinK wrote:
    Derrick Mason Balt WR 13
    - I think he's gonna retire after Baltimore signs a free agent WR. I can see Terrell Owens landing here and a high draft pick as well.
    He will come back.
    Terrell Owens Buf WR 14
    -One more year left and Chicago SF or Baltimore can pick him up. I know SF is a longshot- but why not help devolop Crabtree? This could help Terrell stay in nice weather instead of Buffalo tempertures. Thats my favorite prediction of the post. LOL
    He going to be a bengal

Daunte Culpepper Detroit QB 11
    -Signs with... NO or GB! Why not? Brunnell will retire or be cut. And Culpepper will not make to much $.
    *Last min thought..SF?
    Worst QB in FA. No one is signing him.

Cris Chambers KC WR 9
    - Im gonna say he stays in KC. He's only nine years in and feels like he's been playing for 12 yrs. Just doesnt seem like a strong candidate for a big contract imo.
    Why not him in Baltimore

Chester Taylor Minn RB 8
    -Stays with Minnesota for a 3 yr contract. IMO no one will offer him a starting job and he will just make decent money with the Vikes. HOPEFULLY
    I want him back, but doubt it so much. He could start on a handful of teams or get more carries on a team like SD.

Darren Sharper NO FS 13
    -franchised
    He will test the market.

Willie Parker Pitt RB 6
    -He'll end up at some crappy team like the Lions or something. Or maybe the Bears? 3 Yr contract?
    Out of Pitt!
    Another potential for SD.

Keith Bullock Tenn OLB 10
    -franchised? Why not? Because they'll sign Vanden Bosch to a 3-4 yr extension.
    Sign with us please.
    We're bringing purple back.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Source: Texans to let Robinson walk

Anyone think the Vikes should be interested in Dunta Robinson?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

C Mac D wrote:
    Source: Texans to let Robinson walk

Anyone think the Vikes should be interested in Dunta Robinson?
    Is he a FA that we can't sign or a FA that we can sign?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

VIPER420 wrote:
    Snyder and the Redskins are going to overpay all the free agents and we will get zip LOL! (please don't let this be an uncapped year)
    there's no way around it, this WILL be an uncapped year.

Also, there are restrictions stil on how many players a team can sign. Teams like the Redskins, Cowboys and Raiders can't hoarde all the good players.

KevinK is offline Starter

Id love him to be on our team. But with Winfield and Griffin.. I doubt it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast