Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    I have never been good at predictions. But as I look at the 235 possiable unrestricted free agents list I have some bold predictions that may happen in the future. Keeping in mind I only write this just to have someone make a point- Im probably wrong at my guess for each player.

    Karlos Dansby Ari ILB 6
    - I think he may get signed by the Giants. They need linebacker help and he's still young and productive. Will Arizona want to pay him what NY has to offer?

    Derrick Mason Balt WR 13
    - I think he's gonna retire after Baltimore signs a free agent WR. I can see Terrell Owens landing here and a high draft pick as well.

    Terrell Owens Buf WR 14
    -One more year left and Chicago SF or Baltimore can pick him up. I know SF is a longshot- but why not help devolop Crabtree? This could help Terrell stay in nice weather instead of Buffalo tempertures. Thats my favorite prediction of the post. LOL

    Muhsin Muhammed Car WR 14
    -Retire

    Julius Peppers Car DE 8
    - NE,NYG,Washington,Oakland? Whoever pays for him he will play. This beast will get paid. But IMO he will stop playing with the passion he had in the past and be overpaid for his services. I like the player. But 8yrs in the league is alot of wear on a guy who probably will want 6yrs in this contract.

    Adewale Ogunleye Chi DE 9
    -Stays with Chicago and makes above average pay.

    Larry Johnson Cin RB 6
    -signs a one year deal with Lions or Browns. A bargain for a 6 yr veteran with something to prove.

    Tank Johnson Cin DT 6
    - will sign with Cincy for another bargain price. To much of a liablity to overpay.

    Roy Williams Cin SS 8
    -plays with Cincy for another low price. Only started 4 games last year.

    Duante Culpepper Detroit QB 11
    -Signs with... NO or GB! Why not? Brunnell will retire or be cut. And Culpepper will not make to much $.
    *Last min thought..SF?

    Chad Clifton GB T 10
    -stays with GB or signs with KC. He'll be overpaid IMO. KC is looking for veteran help with skills to back it up.

    Aaron Kampman GB OLB 8
    -either Chicago or GB. I have a feeling he will get a decent contract but stay in the NFC North.

    Dunta Robinson Houston CB 6
    -probably gonna get franchised. He's a great player and is not gonna be happy without the long term contract but what choice does Houston have? He's young, productive, and I wish the Vikings could afford him. But if he does sign I predict the Browns. They could use him in their terrible defense.

    Kevin Walter Houston WR 7
    - Anyone who considers him is smart. He played 14 games the whole year hurt and only had a decline because of Houston's tightend and superstar. Watch him be underpaid and be really productive on the Bucs?? Out of Houston!

    Gary Brackett Indy MLB 7
    - stays in Indy and gets decent money.

    Cris Chambers KC WR 9
    - Im gonna say he stays in KC. He's only nine years in and feels like he's been playing for 12 yrs. Just doesnt seem like a strong candidate for a big contract imo.

    Chad Pennington Miami QB 10
    -Im gonna say KC or Chicago for one year. Just a thought. Really dont care.LOL Out of Miami!

    Jason Taylor Miami OLB 13
    -NE or Miami. AFC East bound.

    Jimmy Kennedy Minn NT 6
    -Stays with Vikes for a one yr contract. Hopefully

    Chester Taylor Minn RB 8
    -Stays with Minnesota for a 3 yr contract. IMO knowone will offer him a starting job and he will just make decent money with the Vikes. HOPEFULLY

    Steve Neal NE G 8
    -signs with NE for 2yr deal.

    Vince Wilfork NE NT 6
    -franchised. This one is get ugly! LOL!

    Mark Brunell NO QB 17
    -17 yrs? HOLY SHIT! Retirement necessary.
    *Not including Brett Favre!

    Scott Fujita NO OLB 8
    -signs with NO for 3 yr deal

    Darren Sharper NO FS 13
    -franchised

    David Carr NYG QB 8
    -only been plaing 8 yrs? Holy Sh t! signs with Giants 1 yr deal

    Tony Richardson NYJ FB 15
    -retires and goes to the hall of fame.

    Richard Seymour Oak DE 9
    -franchised

    Willie Parker Pitt RB 6
    -He'll end up at some crappy team like the Lions or something. Or maybe the Bears? 3 Yr contract?
    Out of Pitt!

    Nate Burleson Sea WR 7
    -Im gonna say Miami? Out of Seattle!

    Antonio Bryant TB WR 7
    - I think he signs with Balt or Denver. Possiably Miami? He makes decent money. Out of TB!

    Keith Bullock Tenn OLB 10
    -franchised? Why not? Because they'll sign Vanden Bosch to a 3-4 yr extension.

    Kevin Mawae Tenn C 16
    -stays one more yr in Tenn. I just dont see anyone wanting to pay for a 16 year vet.

    Jevon Kearse Tenn DE 11
    -only played 4 games last year. maybe retirement? or just stays put.

    Kyle Vanden Bosch Tenn DE 9
    -signed for a good paycheck. Solid player played 16 games last year. Deserves $!

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    Derrick Mason Balt WR 13
    - I think he's gonna retire after Baltimore signs a free agent WR. I can see Terrell Owens landing here and a high draft pick as well.
    I can see them drafting someone high, but don't think any other Vets are gonna go since they got Donte in the house.

    Terrell Owens Buf WR 14
    -One more year left and Chicago SF or Baltimore can pick him up. I know SF is a longshot- but why not help devolop Crabtree? This could help Terrell stay in nice weather instead of Buffalo tempertures. Thats my favorite prediction of the post. LOL
    I like all the chatter about him going to the Bengals. No way I see him landing in SF or Balt.

    Aaron Kampman GB OLB 8
    -either Chicago or GB. I have a feeling he will get a decent contract but stay in the NFC North.
    GB? Honestly? No way he stays there and continues to try to fit into that scheme. He will go someplace were he can play DE and not a 3-4 OLB.

    Chester Taylor Minn RB 8
    -Stays with Minnesota for a 3 yr contract. IMO knowone will offer him a starting job and he will just make decent money with the Vikes. HOPEFULLY
    Lots of talk out there about him finally going someplace were he can start, and for good coin because of his experience and lack of wear and tear on his wheels over his career.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    I hate this stupid uncapped year. We are going to be screwed in free agency because of the "final eight" limitations.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #4
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    NodakPaul wrote:
    I hate this stupid uncapped year. We are going to be screwed in free agency because of the "final eight" limitations.
    I hear ya my friend, however, from what I gather, there isn't gonna be much out there in the FA market that we would really want/need.

    Were you might see us making some moves will be in the area of guys cut/let loose for one reason or another.

    Initial feeling out there (according to Kirwan) is that teams are gonna cut some high profile (expensive contracts) players that normally wouldn't have been cut because it won't hurt us with respect to CAP, i.e. McKinnie.

    Maybe, just maybe, we might find a gem or two out there from that fallout.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    In lean market, Peppers, Dansby are biggest prizes
    Not a very impressive list if you ask me. Some on here might get a bit excited over the lack of activity this FA period.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    I hate this stupid uncapped year. We are going to be screwed in free agency because of the "final eight" limitations.
    I hear ya my friend, however, from what I gather, there isn't gonna be much out there in the FA market that we would really want/need.

    Were you might see us making some moves will be in the area of guys cut/let loose for one reason or another.

    Initial feeling out there (according to Kirwan) is that teams are gonna cut some high profile (expensive contracts) players that normally wouldn't have been cut because it won't hurt us with respect to CAP, i.e. McKinnie.

    Maybe, just maybe, we might find a gem or two out there from that fallout.
    please please please please please
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    I hate this stupid uncapped year. We are going to be screwed in free agency because of the "final eight" limitations.
    I hear ya my friend, however, from what I gather, there isn't gonna be much out there in the FA market that we would really want/need.

    Were you might see us making some moves will be in the area of guys cut/let loose for one reason or another.

    Initial feeling out there (according to Kirwan) is that teams are gonna cut some high profile (expensive contracts) players that normally wouldn't have been cut because it won't hurt us with respect to CAP, i.e. McKinnie.

    Maybe, just maybe, we might find a gem or two out there from that fallout.
    please please please please please
    please what? We drop McKinnie then what? We're even worse off at LT than we are now. McKinnie is not a bad player. Is he lazy? Maybe. Has he had off-field issues? Yes. Is he a top 10 playe rin the league at his position? Yes. If we drop him, who do we pick up to replace him? Hicks certainly won't do.

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    I hate this stupid uncapped year. We are going to be screwed in free agency because of the "final eight" limitations.
    I hear ya my friend, however, from what I gather, there isn't gonna be much out there in the FA market that we would really want/need.

    Were you might see us making some moves will be in the area of guys cut/let loose for one reason or another.

    Initial feeling out there (according to Kirwan) is that teams are gonna cut some high profile (expensive contracts) players that normally wouldn't have been cut because it won't hurt us with respect to CAP, i.e. McKinnie.

    Maybe, just maybe, we might find a gem or two out there from that fallout.
    please please please please please
    please what? We drop McKinnie then what? We're even worse off at LT than we are now. McKinnie is not a bad player. Is he lazy? Maybe. Has he had off-field issues? Yes. Is he a top 10 playe rin the league at his position? Yes. If we drop him, who do we pick up to replace him? Hicks certainly won't do.
    Top 10? I honestly don't think so. He is probably top 10 at run blocking, but IMHO he is not even in the top half of the class at pass protection. And he is absolutely NOT deserving of the rediculous contract we gave him.

    The only eligible replacements out there - especially because of the free agency restrictions we have - would be through the draft. I admit I haven't looked at the draft prospects yet, but if there is a promising tackle in the first two rounds, I would be OK going for him and if need be letting Hicks hold down the fort until he is ready. Of course, if there is nothing available, then I guess we ahve to choice but McKinnie.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    NodakPaul wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    I hate this stupid uncapped year. We are going to be screwed in free agency because of the "final eight" limitations.
    I hear ya my friend, however, from what I gather, there isn't gonna be much out there in the FA market that we would really want/need.

    Were you might see us making some moves will be in the area of guys cut/let loose for one reason or another.

    Initial feeling out there (according to Kirwan) is that teams are gonna cut some high profile (expensive contracts) players that normally wouldn't have been cut because it won't hurt us with respect to CAP, i.e. McKinnie.

    Maybe, just maybe, we might find a gem or two out there from that fallout.
    please please please please please
    please what? We drop McKinnie then what? We're even worse off at LT than we are now. McKinnie is not a bad player. Is he lazy? Maybe. Has he had off-field issues? Yes. Is he a top 10 playe rin the league at his position? Yes. If we drop him, who do we pick up to replace him? Hicks certainly won't do.
    Top 10? I honestly don't think so. He is probably top 10 at run blocking, but IMHO he is not even in the top half of the class at pass protection. And he is absolutely NOT deserving of the rediculous contract we gave him.

    The only eligible replacements out there - especially because of the free agency restrictions we have - would be through the draft. I admit I haven't looked at the draft prospects yet, but if there is a promising tackle in the first two rounds, I would be OK going for him and if need be letting Hicks hold down the fort until he is ready. Of course, if there is nothing available, then I guess we ahve to choice but McKinnie.
    The issue with the draft, is top tackles go early. Its rare to get a guy who can start at LT right away and play well that late in the first. NOw, I don't know who's availabe in the draft, but I'd bet any rookie we get won't come close to playing as well as McKinnie. If we traded him for a high draft pick, then mayb eI'd consider it, but I wouldn't like it.

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Unrestricted free agents(Thoughts and predictions)

    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    The issue with the draft, is top tackles go early. Its rare to get a guy who can start at LT right away and play well that late in the first. NOw, I don't know who's availabe in the draft, but I'd bet any rookie we get won't come close to playing as well as McKinnie. If we traded him for a high draft pick, then mayb eI'd consider it, but I wouldn't like it.
    Fair enough.

    If the management is looking to mave a move at RT, this would be the year to avoid the cap hit. If not, I believe he is signed through 2013 or 2014.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bears Vs Vikings thoughts and predictions
    By VikingLance in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM
  2. Unrestricted Free Agents In 2010
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 12:42 AM
  3. Vikings Vs Panthers thoughts and predictions
    By echizen20 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-21-2009, 02:43 PM
  4. 2008 Remaining Unrestricted Free Agents (2 April)
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 07:37 AM
  5. Free agents not free, as first week shows
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •