Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Unlike the old days, Vikings almost ready to break training camp

[size=13pt]Jim Souhan: Unlike the old days, Vikings almost ready to break training camp[/size]

The gathering will end before Friday night's preseason opener, presumably with no amphibians or automobiles harmed.

MANKATO — In the old days, NFL training camps tested players' muscles, joints, patience and sanity.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Unlike the old days, Vikings almost ready to break training camp

haha, pretty good read, never heard some of those stories

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

haha..
    Astro-Frog I tested the first parachute. So it was Astro-Frog II who made the maiden voyage. The first stage fired cleanly, launching Astro-Frog II. The second stage fired, sending AFII high in the air. AFII was making his triumphant return to earth to the players' cheers ... and then the third stage fired. There were no survivors.
    Funny how there's no way they'd get away with doing that today.
    If they somehow got past team policies and got Chilly to let them do it, when the media or other schmucks found out they'd be labeled as frog-killers.

Still a pretty amusing read, nice find.

Curfew was at 11 p.m. So at 10:53 p.m. most nights, Vikings would rush toward the door and careen down the street. Unless they were hungry. Then, like defensive tackle Keith Millard, they just might try to whip through a fast-food drivethrough, smash into a stanchion, abandon their truck and sprint the rest of the way home.

He left his car, but he beat curfew, avoiding the $1,500 fine. The damage to his car cost $7,500.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Hey Zeus.........= Local Sports Yutz.......

Anyway, thanks for the read my friend.
    Sounds like the "New Way" is so much better when it comes to getting a team ready.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

Anyway, thanks for the read my friend.
    Sounds like the "New Way" is so much better when it comes to getting a team ready.

:
    Really?
    I thought the new way was to low contact and the pussy's way out?

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

This could have been a great article. But seriously, Souhan is such an atrocious writer! I mean, it almost seems like he's advocating for the return of players getting sauced and speeding drunkenly back to the dorms. I'm sure the city of Mankato would just love that.

I realize Souhan is not advocating that, but his writing style is so weak, you can't really tell what the point of his article is. Is he trying to wax poetic about the good ol' days? Is he trying to show how times have changed (and if so, is the change for better, worse, or both)? Is he trying to indict the Vikings organization for running a sissified camp? Who knows?

And perhaps the best question of all: How is it, with so many talented people unemployed in this train wreck of an economy, that this douchepickle is still employed?

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"The" wrote:
    This could have been a great article. But seriously, Souhan is such an atrocious writer! I mean, it almost seems like he's advocating for the return of players getting sauced and speeding drunkenly back to the dorms. I'm sure the city of Mankato would just love that.

I realize Souhan is not advocating that, but his writing style is so weak, you can't really tell what the point of his article is. Is he trying to wax poetic about the good ol' days? Is he trying to show how times have changed (and if so, is the change for better, worse, or both)? Is he trying to indict the Vikings organization for running a sissified camp? Who knows?

And perhaps the best question of all: How is it, with so many talented people unemployed in this train wreck of an economy, that this douchepickle is still employed?
    LOL ^ Post of the day.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "The" wrote:

LOL ^ Post of the day.
    +1

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "The" wrote:

LOL ^ Post of the day.
    +1
    hahaha, great post.
    But... as a Mankato resident, I personally would LOVE the Vikings to be all sauced up around town haha, man the stories I could have.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Anyway, thanks for the read My Sexy Little Pixie.

:
    Really?
    I thought the new way was to low contact and the "meow"'s way out?
    You realize I was being sarcastic.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast