Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 42
  1. #11
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    he can make his fresh start on the practice squad for two years
    yeah cuz i really dont think he is making the roster
    Really, because I heard there's a good chance he might beat out booty for the third spot.
    Something about Booty not proving anything and competition.
    ;D
    He played for the U just like the other great Miami QB's. He will be starting by Mid season ;D

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "Garland" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    he can make his fresh start on the practice squad for two years
    yeah cuz i really dont think he is making the roster
    Really, because I heard there's a good chance he might beat out booty for the third spot.
    Something about Booty not proving anything and competition.
    ;D
    He played for the U just like the other great Miami QB's. He will be starting by Mid season ;D
    You mean like Gino Torretta?
    Yeah, he lit it up for us ;D

  3. #13
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    At this point, I would take any QB with "solid mechanics".
    :

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    At this point, I would take any QB with "solid mechanics".
    :
    So you want a Vet with about 6 or 7 years experience then right?
    Obvioulsy you don't want to wait around for a QB to mature as you aluded to in this thread.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...;topicseen#new
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    At this point, I would take any QB with "solid mechanics".
    :
    We already got one!! TJack

  6. #16
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    At this point, I would take any QB with "solid mechanics".
    :
    So i guess you think Wright will beat out TJack for the starting job right??!!... Didn't you back up your theory to start Booty over tjack with something like this...

    Good mechanics.. rocket arm.. Played at the U!!.. So he's battle tested!..
    AND he was the #1 QB coming out of High School... So he has plenty of experience and playing at the U.. means he played against top competition... more than Tjack...

    He's also better than Booty too, bc, Miami plays better competition that USC..!!!....

    So for that matter, We can either start Booty or Wright..... even though he went undrafted it doesn't matter... it's pretty much the same as getting picked in the 5th round since there's only 7 rounds anyway...

    Maybe we should just cut our losses and cut Tjack right now!!!...

    although, i'd rather rely on what our QB coach has to say about TJACK..

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/18550839.html



  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    At this point, I would take any QB with "solid mechanics".
    :
    We already got one!! TJack
    TJack is our starter, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that he has solid mechanics by any stretch.

    Hopefully this year we will see continued improvement.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    At this point, I would take any QB with "solid mechanics".
    :
    We already got one!! TJack
    TJack is our starter, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that he has solid mechanics by any stretch.

    Hopefully this year we will see continued improvement.
    Here we go:


    With all due respect, NP - how are you qualified to judge Tarvaris' mechanics?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "DustinDupont" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    At this point, I would take any QB with "solid mechanics".
    :
    We already got one!! TJack
    TJack is our starter, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that he has solid mechanics by any stretch.

    Hopefully this year we will see continued improvement.
    Here we go:


    With all due respect, NP - how are you qualified to judge Tarvaris' mechanics?

    =Z=
    Do you actually need a resume to comment on the play of an NFL player?
    While I certainly don't have the credentials to work on the Vikings coaching staff, I am not completely ignorant.
    Some of the mechanics in passing a football are fairly common knowledge.
    Anyone who has learned how to pass a football understands at least the basics of the mechanics.

    Everyone here has seen TJack's jump pass, throwing off form his back foot, etc, so there is really no need to reopen any wounds.
    I believe that these problems are fixable, and commonly seen mistakes from inexperience.
    I also think that he will continue to get better as the year goes on.

    But if my word isn't good enough, perhaps we should look some who are more qualified than I

    http://fantasyfootball.usatoday.com/content/player_news.asp?sport=NFL&id=3708&line=109792
    Dec. 18, 2007 - 12:10 a.m. ET
    Tarvaris Jackson completed 18-of-29 passes for 249 yards, no TDs, and three interceptions in Week 15. He added 25 yards on seven rushes.
    Jackson had a miserable first half, struggling badly with his mechanics and directing passes well out of the reach of his intended targets, but gathered himself in the final two quarters and led a key touchdown drive. Jackson isn’t ready to single handedly win any games for Minnesota, but continues to take baby steps forward as a passer.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=C5E4A7AC7D391A9B30D3A18E2EC05990? id=09000d5d8053d150&template=with-video&confirm=true
    Posted: 12/18/2007
    Mechanics-poor Jackson in need of a tuneup
    by Vic Carucci
    |
    NFL.com

    I still like the Minnesota Vikings' chances of reaching the postseason and perhaps even making it past the wild-card round. But I'd like them more if I didn't see Tarvaris Jackson look as sloppy as he did with the football on Monday night.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,467

    Re: Undrafted QB Kyle Wright eager for fresh start with Vikings

    How do you know Wright's mechanics were any better than Jackson's? You've probably seen him play once, maybe twice.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Paymah seeks fresh start
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 01:03 PM
  2. Dan Mozes eager for new start
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM
  3. Kyle Wright cut
    By Capital_J in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
  4. Lions | M. Williams to be given fresh start
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2006, 11:34 AM
  5. A Fresh Start
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 12:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •