Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Udeze set for Vikes' minicamp - 2009 Vikings story left unnoticed

[size=13pt]Healthy Udeze set for Vikes' minicamp[/size]

The defensive end has overcome a bout with leukemia and looks forward to contributing to the team.

By SID HARTMAN, Star Tribune

Last update: May 17, 2009 - 11:44 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Healthy Udeze set for Vikes' minicamp

Can't wait to see how he looks, what a story.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Can't wait to see how he does, just for his sake. He seems like a good guy.

I don't want to knock on him, of course, but how good was he really in his first couple of seasons? He wasn't a dominating rusher and even with your Williams wall and Allen there, I doubt that he'll put up numbers worthy of his draft spot. Especially after coming back from a fight like he had with a horrible disease.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

The guy is amasing, and can't be counted out. I bet Udeze starts at RDE this season, and once again leads the team for tackles for loss. He isn't a sack monster, but 5-8 sacks is reasonable being the RDE's primary responsibility is to crush the point of attack, and stop the run.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleTide" wrote:

The guy is amasing, and can't be counted out. I bet Udeze starts at RDE this season, and once again leads the team for tackles for loss. He isn't a sack monster, but 5-8 sacks is reasonable being the RDE's primary responsibility is to crush the point of attack, and stop the run.
    I really don't think he's going to beat out Allen, or even make him switch sides. I'm sure Udeze will return to the left, where he will compete with Edwards, like he did in 07'.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I really don't think he's going to beat out Allen, or even make him switch sides. I'm sure Udeze will return to the left, where he will compete with Edwards, like he did in 07'.
    I agree with jessejames09 on this one. It's no way that Udeze is going to beat Allen for the right defensive end spot. HELL NO!!! Allen is perhaps the best RE in the NFL and Udeze is an underachiever (considering how high we drafted him). The left end position however, that's a whole other story. It will be interesting to see wether Udeze or Ray Edwards get the nod. I think Udeze is better against the run that Ray Edwards, but Edwards is probably a better pass rusher.

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear that Udeze is back in camp.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"HEY" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I agree with jessejames09 on this one. It's no way that Udeze is going to beat Allen for the right defensive end spot. HELL NO!!! Allen is perhaps the best RE in the NFL and Udeze is an underachiever (considering how high we drafted him). The left end position however, that's a whole other story. It will be interesting to see wether Udeze or Ray Edwards get the nod. I think Udeze is better against the run that Ray Edwards, but Edwards is probably a better pass rusher.

My bad... I meant he'll start at LDE, I was looking at from the offense side, and got it mixed up. Most teams run right, and he is a better point of attack run stopper than Ray, and makes for a strong rotation. It's just a bonus if Kenechi is ready to play again.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I want him back but I question how healthy can he really be? He is going to have to get his strenght way up. Then there is getting use to hitting and being hit after. I have a friend that had testicular cancer. Physically he is close to being back after 3 years but mentally he has neve rbeen the same.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

My bad... I meant he'll start at LDE, I was looking at from the offense side, and got it mixed up. Most teams run right, and he is a better point of attack run stopper than Ray, and makes for a strong rotation. It's just a bonus if Kenechi is ready to play again.
    Okay I understand, it makes more sence then.

huxx is offline Pro-Bowler

Man...I wish him all the best.
    What a sight it would be in pre-game to see him run on to the field.
    Journalists...start your typewriters.
    Here's the potential feel-good story of the year.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast