dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Trufant and Asomuhma get "tagged"

so it looks like asante samuel is going to be the only big name corner on the market this year.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trufant and Asomuhma get "tagged"

again not that big of a deal, they were to rich for the Vikes blood anyways, There are plenty of second teir CB out that there and the Vikes will pick one of them up I am sure

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"Garland" wrote:
    again not that big of a deal, they were to rich for the Vikes blood anyways, There are plenty of second teir CB out that there and the Vikes will pick one of them up I am sure
    Very true.

I'm just tired of a second tier team though

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Garland" wrote:
    move cedric to safety and draft one of the good corners in the draft, theres plenty of them, doubt phillips will be there at 17 anyway.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

This should be in the General NFL forum, not the Vikings Offseason forum

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    move cedric to safety and draft one of the good corners in the draft, theres plenty of them, doubt phillips will be there at 17 anyway.
    You know that Phillips isn't the only first round S in the draft don't you?

If Phillips is gone then you draft one of the other two that are left (Reggie Smith or Dominique Rogers-Cromartie).

You are correct though that there are a butt load of CB this year that would fit our cover 2 scheme this year.

After the issue with Smith last night I might have to adjust what order the Vikes draft.
    Looks like the first 4 rounds will be Defense........

S (Reggie Smith, Phillips or Dominique Rogers-Cromartie)
    DE (Groves, Merling, Campbell, Ellis)
    CB (Lowery, Chevis Jackson (how about that guy Cajun
    ;D), Matteral Richardson)
    DT
    (Pat Sims, Demario Pressley, Andre Fluellen)

Still need to do some studing on the 3 and 4th round guys but there are some pretty decent options out there.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_...alue_board.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

If Phillips is gone then you draft one of the other two that are left (Reggie Smith or Dominique Rogers-Cromartie).

You are correct though that there are a butt load of CB this year that would fit our cover 2 scheme this year.

After the issue with Smith last night I might have to adjust what order the Vikes draft.

DT

Still need to do some studing on the 3 and 4th round guys but there are some pretty decent options out there.

DRC is really what we need a phenomenal ball hawking safety. His tackling hasn't really been put to the test yet though, which is why we won't draft him at 17 imo.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    so it looks like asante samuel is going to be the only big name corner on the market this year.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
    thats if samuel doesn't resign with the Patriots
    :P he's said he'd like to stay altho ik it'll be really hard for them to keep him, especially if they want Moss.

btw this is the best part of that link, not Dwight Smith & Muhammad

[img width=450 height=405]http://www.profootballtalk.com/ShaunDumpster.jpg[/img]

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

DT

DRC is really what we need a phenomenal ball hawking safety. His tackling hasn't really been put to the test yet though, which is why we won't draft him at 17 imo.
    I have seen several value boards (I pay for them) that actually have DRC ahead of Phillips now. Bet when they come out of the combine he will be on every board that way.

Again, not trying to draw the ire of the Phillips crotchsniffers as I have no dog in the fight.
    Only relaying what the guys who get paid $$$ by yutz's like me are saying.

Truth be told I would be delighted to get any one of the top 3 Safeties in this draft.

As to our CB's, I am of a minority that believe we are set at CB for years to come with Gordon, Griff and McCauley.
    All three will be significantly better than they were last year and truth be told, in this cover 2 defensive scheme they didn't do to bad.

Probably gonna see them replace Ronyell with a guy in the second day if one falls to them they like to develop with the rest of the guys on the roster and to fill that ST role.

I know that alot of people will come with the "Well they get burned in man coverage" arguement (and I'm not sure why) but I think those are of the ilk that refuse to accept that we don't run a Man-to-Man scheme around here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg