Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: troy williamson rumor

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I guess I do not understand why so many people have given up on Troy, he was a rookie!! And I saw some flashes there that made me think he will be a star after a few years, give the kid sometime!!! He did not ask to be picked by Minny to take the place of Moss, he got stuck with Daunte having his worse year as a pro and then the Vikes not throwing nearly as much because of the switch to Brad. He will develop into a good receiver, give the kid sometime!
    Yes exactly....He will be a star after a few years... But your right...he didnt come in to take the place of moss, which some of us wished he would! Not to mentin CP had his worst year! He'll be better next year!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

troy is a stud in the making..

he's fast.. has shown he can catch in akward positions.. and he's FULLY ready to take on the work ethic..

this kids gonna be our nect ? Carter.. combine.. Anthony and Chris and u get... TROY!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    I guess I do not understand why so many people have given up on Troy, he was a rookie!! And I saw some flashes there that made me think he will be a star after a few years, give the kid sometime!!! He did not ask to be picked by Minny to take the place of Moss, he got stuck with Daunte having his worse year as a pro and then the Vikes not throwing nearly as much because of the switch to Brad. He will develop into a good receiver, give the kid sometime!
    Yes exactly....He will be a star after a few years... But your right...he didnt come in to take the place of moss, which some of us wished he would! Not to mentin CP had his worst year! He'll be better next year!
    I agree, he'll still have to learn some things, but there is no question he has some great potential.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I agree, keep Williamson. He has blazing speed, and yes D-Pep had a terrible year, and Johnson is not the Deep Ball threat that Pep is. He will shine in the WCO that the Vikes are bringing in. Did you see this guy in College? He specializes in YAC, and he will be a big part of our O this year..

Hell, I say if anything trade a Burleson, or M Rob, if we bring back K Rob, and TT, and Williamson, and whoever out of the other 2 doesn't get traded, then we will have a pretty good recieving crew already. I am just not sold on Burleson staying healthy, and being the #1 guy that we need. I 100% believe that K-Rob is our #1 guy now..

i hope that doesnt happen troys tha man!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I can't see us even thinking of trading our #1 pick from last year, he's still developing as a player..

He will be a main threat of ours in the near future......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i know i got mad when i saw the rumor about williamson. if any receiver gets traded it should be taylor, robinson and burleson are free agents so we can't trade either of them
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I too was a little skeptical of the Twilliamson pick in the draft, but he does show the makings of a great all around receiver. It would have been great to have him come in and make a big impact this year, but in a couple of years with GOOD coaches and a GOOD QB, he will be very solid. Maybe this WEST Coast Offense will accelerate his progress. They should have tried to use him more this year though.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

wiliamson, burleson, and robinson are our most dangerous guys and i think they are the best at yards after the catch and thats where it counts, robinson is great for sideline catches and enzone catches too. taylor i think is the expendable guy in the group.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

It's way too early to trade him away!! Rumor's,nothing more( I hope!!).
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast