Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Troy Smith

  1. #11
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Troy Smith

    So it's legit... 4th rounder on Troy!






    One Love

  2. #12
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Troy Smith

    The only time Kramer played good was when he was hammered.

    My Viking brother from another mother....

    Your missing the point like a lot of my Viking Brothers do.


    It doesn't matter if they make a few plays and we go to the playoffs.


    It matters only if you WIN the big game.


    After that we can have a tea party and talk about old times.


    As of now.... WE HAVE TO WIN THE BIG GAME! Stats don't matter.....

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Troy Smith

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    The only time Kramer played good was when he was hammered.

    My Viking brother from another mother....

    Your missing the point like a lot of my Viking Brothers do.


    It doesn't matter if they make a few plays and we go to the playoffs.


    It matters only if you WIN the big game.


    After that we can have a tea party and talk about old times.


    As of now.... WE HAVE TO WIN THE BIG GAME! Stats don't matter.....
    We have to get to a big game.
    And also Elway lost a couple big games before he won his two BIG games.

  4. #14
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Troy Smith

    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    The only time Kramer played good was when he was hammered.

    My Viking brother from another mother....

    Your missing the point like a lot of my Viking Brothers do.


    It doesn't matter if they make a few plays and we go to the playoffs.


    It matters only if you WIN the big game.


    After that we can have a tea party and talk about old times.


    As of now.... WE HAVE TO WIN THE BIG GAME! Stats don't matter.....
    So...college QB's have to win the BCS Championship to be considered good?
    What about the Rose Bowl?
    Thats BIG GAME.

    Maybe we miss your point because you need to define it better?
    ???

    Kramer is a Viking god.
    Do not slander him.

  5. #15
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Troy Smith

    This is the attitude I am talking about.
    Everybody is just satisfied with making the playoffs.


    This is the wrong attitude to have. Its about winning the Super Bowl.
    Everything else just comes second.


    (The rose bowl) College is different from the NFL.
    You need to flash some stats and win all your key games.


    If you want me to answer what I think about the Rose Bowl it means nothing.
    Nice to go because of the history but its not the big game.


    We need a ring.


    Elway still won at the end of his career.
    What did all the other QB's do?



  6. #16
    PurpleGator's Avatar
    PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,685

    Re: Troy Smith

    By the way here is Kramers stats if anybody is interested.


    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...s/KramTo00.htm

    I just don't feel Troy Smith is a worthy pick.
    I think you better off looking for somebody else.

  7. #17
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Troy Smith

    "V4L" wrote:
    Alright, Mel Kiper was just on ESPN

    And he was saying he beleives Troy Smith goes from a second round pick, to a early 4th probably.. After a poor showing at the BCS Championship game.. It displayed alot of the negatives that he had in the game I guess.. And he was questioning his late release and height (5'11)

    Personally I thought it was the team that played bad.. No WRs getting open, blocking was horrible, and the D was horrid

    Would you guys want to take a shot at him?

    I would in the 4th round for sure.. Possibly 3rd.. I think he could be a very good NFL QB.. He seemed to have pretty good accuracy and decent strength.. And his legs were good

    So what do u all think? Does anyone else think he will fall into the 4th possibly? And if so, do we get him?







    One Love


    Everything I have seen on Troy Smith says he is 6' 1" not 5' 11".
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  8. #18
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Troy Smith

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Alright, Mel Kiper was just on ESPN

    And he was saying he beleives Troy Smith goes from a second round pick, to a early 4th probably.. After a poor showing at the BCS Championship game.. It displayed alot of the negatives that he had in the game I guess.. And he was questioning his late release and height (5'11)

    Personally I thought it was the team that played bad.. No WRs getting open, blocking was horrible, and the D was horrid

    Would you guys want to take a shot at him?

    I would in the 4th round for sure.. Possibly 3rd.. I think he could be a very good NFL QB.. He seemed to have pretty good accuracy and decent strength.. And his legs were good

    So what do u all think? Does anyone else think he will fall into the 4th possibly? And if so, do we get him?







    One Love


    Everything I have seen on Troy Smith says he is 6' 1" not 5' 11".
    They inflated the height.
    He is 5'11".

  9. #19
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Troy Smith

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    Alright, Mel Kiper was just on ESPN

    And he was saying he beleives Troy Smith goes from a second round pick, to a early 4th probably.. After a poor showing at the BCS Championship game.. It displayed alot of the negatives that he had in the game I guess.. And he was questioning his late release and height (5'11)

    Personally I thought it was the team that played bad.. No WRs getting open, blocking was horrible, and the D was horrid

    Would you guys want to take a shot at him?

    I would in the 4th round for sure.. Possibly 3rd.. I think he could be a very good NFL QB.. He seemed to have pretty good accuracy and decent strength.. And his legs were good

    So what do u all think? Does anyone else think he will fall into the 4th possibly? And if so, do we get him?







    One Love


    Everything I have seen on Troy Smith says he is 6' 1" not 5' 11".
    They inflated the height.
    He is 5'11".
    That were the speculation after they saw him next to Leak.

    We'll all know for sure at the combine.

    If he shows up that is.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  10. #20
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: Troy Smith

    I would be ecstatic if we drafted Troy Smith in the 2nd! if his height is the only thing "weighing him down", then why not try him out? troy smith is a player, and that is an obvious aspect just watching him.

    and concerning the BCS championshiop i think his offensive line played one of the worst games of the friggin year. watching it for a second time, how much more pathetic could they have looked? the OSU defense lacks something to be desired, and troy smith and the OSU offense had to account for that. IMO when ginn went down the gators didnt have to worry about that deep threat and could focus on reaching troy smith. (which worked obviously)


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Troy Smith to start vs. Vikes
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
  2. Troy Smith anyone?
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 01:41 PM
  3. Troy Smith for Heisman!
    By Alharrissuks91 in forum College Ball
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 12-16-2006, 12:59 AM
  4. MOVED: Troy Smith for Heisman!
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 02:35 PM
  5. New Troy Smith sig!
    By PurpleMafia in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 11:16 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •