Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 'Triangle' to handle draft

"Formo" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    It has always bothered me that Childress' staff are made up of his "friends". Was he doing his friends a favor or is he really adding talent at those positions?

We won't know until the season starts. There is a big question mark in my mind on Derrick Bevell being our new offensive coordinator.
    And Tice DIDN'T make his staff out of his friends/relatives? I don't see any difference here, honestly.

Both our OC and DC I question. No offense to either of them, but they are very unproven in their respective possitions. I can only hope for the best.

Hey Singers, It's Darryl Bevell, not Derrick.. :grin:

Yes, Tice did make his staff out of his friends, and family. Look at what that got us. I am still in the air on Bevell, but Tomlin has come from a very succesful program with the Bucs.. He was taught by Monte Kiffin for christ sakes, Kiffin is in the top 5 of DC's in football history. If you have heard anything from the the Bucs coaches, and players, they said he is a great teacher, and will do great for us.. That is good with me coming from a team that has finished in the top 10 in defense for the last decade.

Del Rio Guest

Plus Kiffin was a Vikings coach for a few years!

How could this be wrong when it feels oh so right? :grin:

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I don't know of any coaching staff that is not composed of friends. Especially from the begining. Once a new coach gets hired he almost always brings in friends.....because it's a war and you need people you can count on to fight with you.

When one of those friends does really well and moves on then they have to fill a hole, at that time the coaches usually go outside thier circle to get the best quality.

From the begining though I think it is pretty standard that a new coach brings in his comrades.
    Exactly Del Rio, you need to have those close friends around you as coaches because you have to be able to trust them and you spend so much time with those people on a daily basis.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234