Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: 'Triangle' to handle draft

I will still give him that we have been pretty good at picking up value in the draft, though the judges are still out on some of them.

The LBs have been a dissapointment so far, but they still get a last shot to get it done.

Talking RBs wizzinator could have been a great value pick, if he had changed his ways. But thats what you get from taking a bad character guy. Now lets see how long Fason will go in this league.

One I'm strongly dissapointed with is Nat Dorsey though. I had hoped he could've been developed better.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    He lost me when he said this is why I miss Tice.

I don't think many of the people he drafted have done very much one way or the other.
    Oh, come on! Kenichi Udeze and Dustin Fox are tearing it up!

:la:

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Del Rio Guest

"cogitans" wrote:
    I will still give him that we have been pretty good at picking up value in the draft, though the judges are still out on some of them.

The LBs have been a dissapointment so far, but they still get a last shot to get it done.

Talking RBs wizzinator could have been a great value pick, if he had changed his ways. But thats what you get from taking a bad character guy. Now lets see how long Fason will go in this league.

One I'm strongly dissapointed with is Nat Dorsey though. I had hoped he could've been developed better.
    I think Tice has had average drafts. So far, maybe down the road someone will really shine consistantly.

I'm not unsatisfied with the drafts he was a part of. I just don't think they were good enough to use as a measuring stick of when to be affraid of what our new coaching staff does via free agency and the draft.

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

I can't believe missing tice was mentioned in the string about the draft.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I just looked up some of the drafts. One of the better pickups is Jeff Dugan in the 7th.

But on the other hand what happened to Nick Rogers, and Mike Nattiel. We have not had luck at the LB position.

And by the way who remembers: Ed Ta'amu or Deandre Eiland.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Del Rio Guest

Ed Ta'amu was a very solid offensive lineman from the University of Utah. I think we drafed him in the fourth round.

He was a very good defensive line player here in Utah and was moved to O-line because of injuries.

He was dumb as a brick and big as a house. He had some issues off the field in college with assault and stuff.

The Vikes released him to make room for a kicker from the Cowboys or somewhere because Tice was pissed at Doug Brien.

I don't even know if poor Ed got to play one snap lol.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I think Tice had good drafts but didn't have the coaching staff to coach any of the players. I think EJ and DTs current status is purely on the shoulders of Cottrell (since he was the LB coach). I think MeMo is one of the most underrated draft picks (because of Tice's issues with him) in the last 4 drafts.

I was really happy with our free agency this year. We didn't make too many headlines but we got the players we went after. I am the conservative type, so I am happy with free agency.

I am expecting a strong showing in the draft. Free agency set us up so that we have a lot of flexibility with the draft. Even though Brez is part of the triangle I am sure he will play a minimal role. My guess is that he knows how much cap space we have invested in each position so has some input on how much financial sense a pick makes (lame example is we don't want to pay an OL 1st round money after signing Hutch).

I hope you all enjoy the draft. I'm so excited.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Big C" wrote:
    I think Tice had good drafts but didn't have the coaching staff to coach any of the players. I think EJ and DTs current status is purely on the shoulders of Cottrell (since he was the LB coach). I think MeMo is one of the most underrated draft picks (because of Tice's issues with him) in the last 4 drafts.

I was really happy with our free agency this year. We didn't make too many headlines but we got the players we went after. I am the conservative type, so I am happy with free agency.

I am expecting a strong showing in the draft. Free agency set us up so that we have a lot of flexibility with the draft. Even though Brez is part of the triangle I am sure he will play a minimal role. My guess is that he knows how much cap space we have invested in each position so has some input on how much financial sense a pick makes (lame example is we don't want to pay an OL 1st round money after signing Hutch).

I hope you all enjoy the draft. I'm so excited.
    And he KNOWS that the total amount that we are paying our RBs is not very much...therefore he will push for us to draft DeAngelo Williams with our first pick!!! :lol: :cheers:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    It has always bothered me that Childress' staff are made up of his "friends". Was he doing his friends a favor or is he really adding talent at those positions?

We won't know until the season starts. There is a big question mark in my mind on Derrick Bevell being our new offensive coordinator.
    And Tice DIDN'T make his staff out of his friends/relatives? I don't see any difference here, honestly.

Both our OC and DC I question. No offense to either of them, but they are very unproven in their respective possitions. I can only hope for the best.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Del Rio Guest

I don't know of any coaching staff that is not composed of friends. Especially from the begining. Once a new coach gets hired he almost always brings in friends.....because it's a war and you need people you can count on to fight with you.

When one of those friends does really well and moves on then they have to fill a hole, at that time the coaches usually go outside thier circle to get the best quality.

From the begining though I think it is pretty standard that a new coach brings in his comrades.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast