Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Training Camp Articles

Six picks so far for Sage Rosenfels
    LOL, as my good friend VK pointed out in his camp observations thread......Sage might not even beat out Webb.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Rookie CB Cook Puts On A Show
    When was the last time I mentioned how excited I was by this draft class?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Skol Vikings, let's win this game,
    Skol Vikings, honor your name,
    Go get that first down,
    Then get a touchdown.
    Rock 'em . . . Sock 'em
    Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
    Go Vikings, run up the score,
    You'll hear us yell for more. . .
    V-I-K-I-N-G-S
    Skol, Vikings, let's go!
    Sad that a long-time Vikings fan like you doesn't even know the words to the damn song.

The CORRECT lyrics are:

"Go Vikings, run OUT the score," not "...run UP the score..."
    I like run up....
    I think "run up" is obnoxious and tempting fate.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Vikings camp: Day 2 highlights

Don't like to see Sully dinged this early.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    LOL, as my good friend VK pointed out in his camp observations thread......Sage might not even beat out Webb.
    Sage is done and IMHO Childress has made him of little or no trade value. Sitting him OTA's to watch Webb was probably the last nail in an otherwise meaningless stint with the Viking. Sure last season he could sit and wait for something to happen to Favre and wait for Jackson to possibly slip to get a chance to do something but Chilli has curshed is mojo (not that it was that great). Sage could be an upgrade for the Colts, Saints, Bengals or Pats as a backup but why trade anything for him and pickup a 2 year contract when you could look at getting him when he's released and give him a lower one year deal. Not sure if Childress is just showing something to Rick about him bringing in Sage but if Chilly is a qb guru he needs to breakout the turd polish and try and shine Sage up good if any team is going to give up more than a 7th rounder for him at this point. Heaven forbid if Favre decides to stay on his tractor, doubt that, but Sage doesn't appear to have any desire to be with this team and is just coasting. Currently Sage has about as much value as a 77 Pinto in the Vikings driveway.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Sage is done and IMHO Childress has made him of little or no trade value. Sitting him OTA's to watch Webb was probably the last nail in an otherwise meaningless stint with the Viking. Sure last season he could sit and wait for something to happen to Favre and wait for Jackson to possibly slip to get a chance to do something but Chilli has curshed is mojo (not that it was that great). Sage could be an upgrade for the Colts, Saints, Bengals or Pats as a backup but why trade anything for him and pickup a 2 year contract when you could look at getting him when he's released and give him a lower one year deal. Not sure if Childress is just showing something to Rick about him bringing in Sage but if Chilly is a qb guru he needs to breakout the turd polish and try and shine Sage up good if any team is going to give up more than a 7th rounder for him at this point. Heaven forbid if Favre decides to stay on his tractor, doubt that, but Sage doesn't appear to have any desire to be with this team and is just coasting. Currently Sage has about as much value as a 77 Pinto in the Vikings driveway.

Seems to me, Sage is doing a fine job of burying himself. How is Childress causing him to throw picks all over the place? Sage is getting opportunities, but with SIX interceptions in the last 2-3 days, he's not really making the most of his chances to shine. I get that he doesn't want to be here anymore, and I can't blame him for that...but just coasting through and playing like crap is not the way to impress other teams.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Chilly isn't a QB guru. That has been proven. Not that he's ever claimed to be. :P

There's a lot that goes into analyizing a QB during the preseason camps. Sometimes QBs are asked to throw things they normally wouldn't throw. In other words, they may throw a pass to more or less test a defensive back.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Sage. He hasn't done anything to prove he is worthy of leading this team. But we also have to take into consideration the time of year it is and know there may be reasons why he is throwing more picks than usual. It would be so much easier if things were black and white but unfortunately they aren't. It all depends what the coaches are telling him to do. Then again, he may just suck that badly.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast