Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:With Training Camp Around the Corner, Vikings a Ho

jmcdon00 wrote:
    I'm not worried about Favre. So assuming he's here and the offense is all returning healthy I see no insurmountable problems. They will score enough points to hide any weaknesses in the defense.
    Later in the season we might actually benefit from some defenders missing time early as then the bench has more experience and we can peak in the playoffs.
    Every rep taken impacts how effective players will be at the backend of the season.

Although I agree, extra reps will help in the experience area, those extra reps will also impact how fresh those guys will be at the end of the season.

Rotations on the DL is very important in all of this. Taking away two of the guys who not only eat up most of the reps, and not replacing the roster with someone who can help in that area will hurt, more than it will help my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    That was a waste of time. Far from a hot mess IMO.
    I know, especially on the defensive side of the ball what with all our starters coming back healthy and not getting suspended or anything like that. :blink:
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling! LMFAO! Who cares we have Favre.

Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I know, especially on the defensive side of the ball what with all our starters coming back healthy and not getting suspended or anything like that. :blink:
    Marty - you could be getting a blow job from a toothless Victoria's secret model and you'd still complain that her tongue was too scratchy.

=Z=
    You are probably correct. Still all in all the following should give even the most optimistic of fans a slight bit of concern:

a. EJ - Jasper gives me hope, but he will struggle at times as teams will look to expose his weaknesses, and because of his limited time in the league, there will be something that can/will be exposed.

b. DT - Even before the suspension, the rotation was suspect. Now you take out our two best DLmen and try to insert backups as your primary starters facing 3 good running teams out of 4 with no coherent plan in place for anyone to take up those extra reps.

c. Griff and Whinny. Griff will not be a viable asset this year even though players seem to get on the field quicker, they still don't look 100% until the following year (2 years), Whinny, even if he can stay healthy was having issues last year (and part of the year before).

Even though I like what they've done to address the CB issue and like what I've seen out of Jasper, I am not gonna sit here and sing Kumbayay and say all is well on that side of the ball.
    You are like the only one who thinks DT is a problem. The rotation was NEVER suspect last year.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Marty - you could be getting a blow job from a toothless Victoria's secret model and you'd still complain that her tongue was too scratchy.

=Z=
    You are probably correct. Still all in all the following should give even the most optimistic of fans a slight bit of concern:

a. EJ - Jasper gives me hope, but he will struggle at times as teams will look to expose his weaknesses, and because of his limited time in the league, there will be something that can/will be exposed.

b. DT - Even before the suspension, the rotation was suspect. Now you take out our two best DLmen and try to insert backups as your primary starters facing 3 good running teams out of 4 with no coherent plan in place for anyone to take up those extra reps.

c. Griff and Whinny. Griff will not be a viable asset this year even though players seem to get on the field quicker, they still don't look 100% until the following year (2 years), Whinny, even if he can stay healthy was having issues last year (and part of the year before).

Even though I like what they've done to address the CB issue and like what I've seen out of Jasper, I am not gonna sit here and sing Kumbayay and say all is well on that side of the ball.
    You are like the only one who thinks DT is a problem. The rotation was NEVER suspect last year.
    one question. maybe it has been addressed in the media and I have missed it. Has Pat said he is for sure playing this year?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

one question. maybe it has been addressed in the media and I have missed it. Has Pat said he is for sure playing this year?
    Yes.

Vikings DT Pat Williams opts to play another season, agent says
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8167261d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

Did you watch the Ravens meltdown?

And what is wrong with not "Following the Crowd" when it comes to ideas.

If everyone thought the same way the chuckleheads on ESPN think, this place sure would be boring.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

If everyone thought the same way the chuckleheads on ESPN think, this place sure would be boring.
    None

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

Was the DT rotation responsible for poor run defense against BAL?
    None

bsmithberkley wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

Not sure if I would specifically put it all on the DT's but I do believe the DL as a whole wore down in a few games.

I guess, though, if I was forced to point a finger, I would look at RDE. JA sure was out of position on a few of those runs.

Not sure if it was because he was "Freelancing" and focusing just on rushing the passer or if the D-coord was making dumb calls.

Marrdro wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

=Z=

Not sure if I would specifically put it all on the DT's but I do believe the DL as a whole wore down in a few games.

I guess, though, if I was forced to point a finger, I would look at RDE. JA sure was out of position on a few of those runs.

Not sure if it was because he was "Freelancing" and focusing just on rushing the passer or if the D-coord was making dumb calls.
    I thought we contained the run very well in that game, except for the one were rice ran under Jared's rush. When Jared uses that one outside rush he exposes the LBs big time. Its why he is an average defender against the run .

It was the short passes left and right that Rice really took advantage I thought. Just going by memory...
    None

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast