Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Ddawg84 is offline Starter

Re: Trading Up Possibility

If we can get a Linebacker in the first round, and a Saftey, Plus Jacobs at QB with our second round picks... i would be very happy with that scenerio!!! That however is built on the hope that we get Hutch and don't have to use one of our top three draft picks on a O-lineman.... It is really going to be intresting and exciting to see how this all plays out when it is said and done and we start training camp!!!

moneyman713 is offline Waterboy

What about taking Deuce Luti from USC with the 2nd of the 2nd rounds picks. It would take to much to trade up i dont think it is worth it. I also dont get how some people still are doing mock drafts with us taking a rb in Rd 1 ????

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Childress didn't say that he wanted to trade up. He said that he wouldn't rule out the possibility. But that really doesn't tell us anything. If we have learned anything from the Triangle this offseason, it is that they are not going to give away their strategy to the media.

If Cutler falls to 17, I could see us picking him up, but trading up for him would be rediculas. If Lienart manages to fall out of the top ten, I could see us trying to make a move for him. Otherwise, we are probably set with BJ at the helm for the next couple of years. We have more pressing needs in LB and S that we need to addres eith our early draft picks, and Omar Jacobs might be a pretty good pick in the second at QB.
    I know, that's why I named the thread "Trading Up Possibility".
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

Vikez4Life- Exactly what do think it would take to trade up to the Saints pick? Great if it could happen, but it won't. I don't think we want to pull a "Ditka". Check the "Value Chart" and get back to me.
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

no, never, draft omar jacobs!! :lol:

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

I think Cutler would be a perfect fit in the wco, he has a bullet of a pass and a quick release so they say. I believe it after hearing about him benching that many reps at the combine. I would like to see a qb with the arm of Elway run this show in the future and i think Cutler brings that to the table. he can sit and Learn from Brad for the next two years and then he should be well enough on his own. And yes i said brad for the next two years, even if we get hutch or not our offensive line will be better then last year and that is all brad needs to survive with this new offense. The offense is set up for the quick passes and brad already gets rid of the ball fast so where is the problem? I dont see it.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Jarlvik2006" wrote:
    Vikez4Life- Exactly what do think it would take to trade up to the Saints pick? Great if it could happen, but it won't. I don't think we want to pull a "Ditka". Check the "Value Chart" and get back to me.
    Too much.. It would be a good move to get into the top 10 somehow maybe and grab one of the top 3 QB's IMO of course

Cutler or a Strong Safety that can Dominate
    Vikings mission to conquer other Land, Steeler Country, Raider Nation &...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234