Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Trading Up Possibility

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    Vince is so overhyped. Imagine if he had had a good game in the championship but not great and USC had won. Everyone would be saying Matt Leinart this Matt Leinart that.

He has a good year and one great game and everyone thinks he is god's gift to mankind.

I agree if USC won Leinart woul be the talk of the town but it would still be Leinart, Young , & Cutler as the top 3 QB's in the draft.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Philip Rivers threw sidearm just to let you know.

I want a QB who will actually fit in the offense. I don't want the ATL version of the WCO where the QB drops back and runs.

Yah, that's thier version.. They said it wasn't really a WCO..

I don't know who would fit into a WCO.. I'm not a football guru..

But I would love to have a playmaker like Vince on the Vikes

Vince's Vikes :grin: It just goes well

V4L

"ThaSuperFreak33" wrote:
    Vince is so overhyped. Imagine if he had had a good game in the championship but not great and USC had won. Everyone would be saying Matt Leinart this Matt Leinart that.

He has a good year and one great game and everyone thinks he is god's gift to mankind.

I agree if USC won Leinart woul be the talk of the town but it would still be Leinart, Young , & Cutler as the top 3 QB's in the draft.

I disagree.. He had a wonderful career.. And won the heisman..

He would still be talked about alot because he should be a top 10 player in the draft

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

I would like to see them trade up. I think it is important to have a face of the future for this unnessessary rebuilding project. We have taken several steps back and we need a foundation to move forward with. If we fail to land hutch I think this off-season should be looked at as a complete failiure. maybe I am jumping the gun and should wait for all of the moves to be complete, but it doesn't look good.

V4L

Im with ya man..

We do need to get a future QB.. Brad will do pretty good this year.. But he isn't a 5+ year QB..

Trade up to get the Saints pick would be a great thing to do

I thnk this culpepper thing will be a growing source of embarassment for years to come. even if we do trade up, it will cost us a lot of young talent that would be helpful in a rebuilding process. we now have to fill a hole, and filling it will just create more holes. any way you look at it, this trade has set us back. If we couldn't get value it is just not smart to trade a 28 yr old franchise qb for a second round pick becuse of communication issues.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I say get McCown to backup Brad and draft a QB in a later round. Who knows maybe you'll find a gem in the making. If Childress thinks of himself as a QB maker, then he should have a good eye for what he thinks makes a good QB in his system and that QB could easily come in a later round. The issue here is more of will he really be given a chance if he's the 3rd stringer.

Trading up is just too expensive. According to all these draft charts with their scoring moving up more than 1 or 2 spots is way too costly. If you make this trade and your pick is a bust then you've just taken away the potential for a couple other picks to be good contributors. If Cutler falls down to the the Vikes or they can get him for a small trade, then maybe you take that chance.

The guy I feel has the smallest risk for the Vikings is Leinart, but I don't see it happening without giving up the rest of the draft picks and part of next year's to make it happen. I don't like giving up a lot of picks to get Cutler or Young.

Also, I believe Young could very easily be the first guy of the 3 to make an impact in the league, due to his running ability, which greatly aids his passing game. However, I think his long term potential is less, look at Vick, he's already petering out. You run you get hurt, lifespan becomes much shorter than pocket passer types. I feel the teams that are best served to take Vince are the perrennial bad franchises that aren't going anywhere quickly and they need some kind of spark to keep fans interested.

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Dese are da top five QB's as rated by Scouts, Inc. If youse mugs will notice, Cutler is over 10 grade points behind Omar Jacobs, but no one is really talkin' up Jacobs.
    =================================================
    Matt Leinart QB 6'4" 224 USC Grade-98
    Vincent Young QB 6'4" 228 TEXAS Grade-93
    Omar Jacobs QB 6'3" 224 BOWLING GREEN Grade-90
    Jay Cutler QB 6'2" 219 VANDERBILT Grade-79
    Darrell Hackney QB 6'2" 235 ALABAMA-BIRMINGHAM Grade-76
    =================================================
    Wit' everybody talkin' up Leinart, Young, and Cutler, I tinks dat we could get a really good QB in Jacobs.

And as for Culpepper, he had made up his mind to not be a Viking, pure and simple. We could keep him, release him, or trade him. Releasing, we get nuttin'. Keepin', we got a whiny, pouty child who don't wanna play for us. We did da only ting dat would resolve da situation and get sumpin' for him. We'll just have ta make do wit' it, y'know? And I tink da sun will still rise in da mornin', even witout Culpepper.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

I agree their is a high cost to filling the whole left by pep. I just like to think they had a plan better than b-rad and green bay's 3rd stringer. I'm hoping they know what their doing because I have no idea how these move are going to get anywhere near a sb anytime soon.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Speaking of Vince Young, Check this out on his glitch :

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/college-football/vince-youngs-nfl-ready-throwing-motion-147935.php

Personally I wonder how his glitch would fit in with the quick reads and release required with the WCO.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast