Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    ChezPizmo's Avatar
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    705

    Trading Up Possibility

    ( http://football.about.com/cs/nfldraft/a/bl_mockdraft.htm )
    I was searching on Google for a Mock Draft and found one, but not all that great of one. The Dolphins pick immediatley before the Vikings in this year draft. According to this, the Dolphins:

    16. Miami Dolphins – Jay Cutler, QB Vanderbilt
    If the Dolphins don’t land Minnesota’s Daunte Culpepper, they won’t let Cutler get past this point. Cutler has received a lot of hype since the Senior Bowl, and another team could be tempted to move up once he gets out of the top ten.
    Obviously, they did land Culpepper. What he projected for the Vikes was:

    17. Minnesota Vikings – Laurence Maroney*, RB Minnesota
    The Vikings need to settle the running back position once and for all. Michael Bennett will probably be gone next year and Onterrio Smith can’t be counted on if he is back.
    Well, the Dolphins landed Culpepper and the Vikes signed Taylor and have been working on that O-line. Childress already stated once that he would like to try and trade up for a solid QB to start the season off with this.

    According to this mock draft, we won't have to trade up, and people have really been hyping up Cutler.

    Does anyone else maybe see this playing out as I layed it out?
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."


    [size=8pt]


    -John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

  2. #2
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    Cutler is overrated IMO.

    I say we hold off on a QB and let Brad run the team. Gives us some breathing room.

  3. #3
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    I would love to have Cutler. I sincerely doubt he's going to fall out of the top 10 though.

  4. #4
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    I agree Ultra.. I think Cutler is a lil overhyped.. Just because he is the only steller QB working at the combine and stuff..

    I want Vince to fall to the 17th pick..

    Personally I think he will be a stud.. And Having Brad develop him and his mechanics can only help.

    Atleast he will be a Vick type QB.. Run mostly.. But I think he will throw better then Vick anyway

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    Childress didn't say that he wanted to trade up. He said that he wouldn't rule out the possibility. But that really doesn't tell us anything. If we have learned anything from the Triangle this offseason, it is that they are not going to give away their strategy to the media.

    If Cutler falls to 17, I could see us picking him up, but trading up for him would be rediculas. If Lienart manages to fall out of the top ten, I could see us trying to make a move for him. Otherwise, we are probably set with BJ at the helm for the next couple of years. We have more pressing needs in LB and S that we need to addres eith our early draft picks, and Omar Jacobs might be a pretty good pick in the second at QB.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    Argh, I hope I'm wrong about Cutler because he's the most likely one for us to end up with...

    Just because he looks good at the combine, that doesn't mean he is going to be a good QB...

    I mean, I only saw him when Vandy played LSU but he looked terrible against a good defense... knocked unconscious once and out of the game the next year....


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  7. #7
    MightyVikes12391's Avatar
    MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    384

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    i dont really think brads our guy. The games he won last year was because of our D. that was proven in that giants game

  8. #8
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    "MightyVikes12391" wrote:
    i dont really think brads our guy. The games he won last year was because of our D. that was proven in that giants game
    True.

    But who is to say that somebody else will be our man.

    We will have Birk back, Hutch (hopefully), and Taylor.

    So, it will be a different offense.

  9. #9
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I agree Ultra.. I think Cutler is a lil overhyped.. Just because he is the only steller QB working at the combine and stuff..

    I want Vince to fall to the 17th pick..

    Personally I think he will be a stud.. And Having Brad develop him and his mechanics can only help.

    Atleast he will be a Vick type QB.. Run mostly.. But I think he will throw better then Vick anyway

    I do not think that Vince would be a good fit for a team that is going to run the west coast offense, just my opinion.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Trading Up Possibility

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I agree Ultra.. I think Cutler is a lil overhyped.. Just because he is the only steller QB working at the combine and stuff..

    I want Vince to fall to the 17th pick..

    Personally I think he will be a stud.. And Having Brad develop him and his mechanics can only help.

    Atleast he will be a Vick type QB.. Run mostly.. But I think he will throw better then Vick anyway

    I do not think that Vince would be a good fit for a team that is going to run the west coast offense, just my opinion.
    If Cutler is overhyped...Vince is the poster boy for overhyped.

    I just do not not like drafting college QB's...too risky.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings 16-0? It's a Possibility
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 04:09 AM
  2. Another QB possibility: Josh McCown
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
  3. Williams A Possibility??????
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-09-2007, 01:27 PM
  4. Trade possibility
    By BlowuptheDome in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-24-2006, 07:14 AM
  5. Wild card possibility?
    By BlowuptheDome in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 07:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •