Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Trade UP!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade UP!!!

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I am really not sure about trading up. I'm one of those draft the BPA when it's your turn to pick and if there isn't a player worth the value of your pick there, trade down. If we stay at 7 we're guaranteed to ge either Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Anderson, Gaines Adams, Calvin Johnson, or Joe Thomas. At this moment, I would take any of those players on my team other than Brady Quinn and if it happens that Quinn is the only remaining player at 7 out of those then we trade down.

I'm more comfortable having more picks than taking my chances on one player that might not pan out. Plus there's a good crop of receivers that should be available in the 2nd round at our pick (Robert Mecheam, Dwayne Bowe, Sidney Rice). I'm confident that Childress will do the best job to pick the best available player for our team.
    Aw...c'mon PPE!!!
    Take a walk on the wild side!!!!
    lol. Does Childress seem like a wild side type of guy to you? I'm betting that he realizes that the chances of having a great player are greater when you have more picks. Although I wouldn't be mad if we traded our 1st and 3rd to get Calvin Johnson just because it would put butts in the seats.
    If we just draft for the long-term, we will waste the prime yearss of our current OL and DL...basically, we need a star WR to come in and open up the passing game.
    We have plenty of #2 and #3 grade WRs...what we need is a legit #1..and since there isn't one in FA this season, we need to get one through the draft...and there is ONLY ONE true #1 right now in the draft...Calvin Johnson...drafting anyone else is tantamount to giving up on the season right now.
    Keep in mind, IF TJack can show that he is ready this season, and IF we have an explosive #1 WR, we will be pretty set on OFFENSE....assuming that Ryan Cook steps up at RT and Marcus Johnson can settle in at RG (which I think are both distinct possibilities).
    AND if we can find a solid MLB to replace Napo (if he leaves) then we will be pretty set on DEFENSE (assuming that Dovonte Edwards comes back strong at CB and Blue and Griffith continue their development).
    All we need to do then is to find some solid special teamers in FA or the draft and we will be in very good shape (assuming that Childress gets his head out of his ass and starts calling a good game...or hires someone else to call the plays).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"cajunvike" wrote:
    And get Calvin Johnson!!!
    ;D

He would be nice to get, but what would we have to give up? Our first and our second? Is that really worth it? I guess maybe it would be if we traded for Carr.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    And get Calvin Johnson!!!
    ;D

He would be nice to get, but what would we have to give up? Our first and our second? Is that really worth it? I guess maybe it would be if we traded for Carr.

I think that would be a deal...that would work, especially if Carr came to Minnesota

dr.defi is offline Rookie

If we don't trade up for him, we need to go get someone that will get people excited- no Black-Outs next season.

jonnyb is offline Rookie

1. Trade for Carr.

2. Trade down for a middle 1st and 2nd.

3. Draft an O-Lineman and WR at which ever position has the highest value at that
    time.

ibleedpurple06 is offline Training Camp

"dr.defi" wrote:
    If we don't trade up for him, we need to go get someone that will get people excited- no Black-Outs next season.
    well put... when we drafted moss, he turned us into a 15-1 team.. granted we had a lot more talent on the offensive side of the ball then we do now, cj is the real deal, although it is steep.. i would give the 1st and 2nd for him this year.. we have to do something to make the offense more exciting, i am a season ticket holder, and i must say that this past year was one of the most frusterating seasons of viking football i can remember.. we neeed a guy like CJ.. if Chilly doesn't do something to get a WR that will make an impact this year, he can say adios to the purple and gold

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Adrian will be drafted in the top 10...thats easy ...guys an idiot

WileEViking is offline Rookie

If the Vikings were to trade up,I'd say it would be for Johnson.After that,I'd trade down if Johnson is off the board,especially if Quinn is STILL there.I'd be willing to bet someone would love to trade up to 7 to get him.I would make it cheap,but I wouldn't be foolish about it.That point system Jimmie Johnson "pioneered" is crap.The Vikings can get some good picks and really help the team if they play their cards right.If the fruit lines up and Johnson falls to 7,Chili will/should take him... 8)
    Still waiting for the drugs to kick in...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456