Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade UP!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade UP!!!

"Prophet" wrote:
    Quit your whining.
    Last year was a great FA and draft.
    Some of them, the QB in particular, we have no idea about.
    Will he be good or won't he?
    Childress was hired to build up the team and implement his schemes and he's doing just that.
    I'm sure the FA and draft this year will be fine.
    The needs on the team are obvious to us, so I guarantee they're obvious to the professionals doing their jobs.
    There has been one move so far, picking up Frazier, and it was a gol 'darnit good one.

BTW, his sister looks like a made-over Frankenstein.
    Does that make AJ Hawk, the BRIDE of Frankenstein!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Quit your whining.
    Childress was hired to build up the team and implement his schemes and he's doing just that.
    The needs on the team are obvious to us, so I guarantee they're obvious to the professionals doing their jobs.
    There has been one move so far, picking up Frazier, and it was a gol 'darnit good one.

The gov't should ban them from having offspring before it's too late.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Quit your whining.

The gov't should ban them from having offspring before it's too late.
    Good idea, how many Rocky Dennis' do we need?

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I think we should trade up as well. Calvin will go in the first 3 picks i bet. I doubt Childress does though. Last year we should have picked a first round QB no matter what it took and didnt.
    I'm in agreement. We had ample opportunity to draft Cutler or Leinart (we had the picks to make a good trade!) but we didn't.

What did we end up with? Our first rounder out for the year with an ACL injury and two guys in the 2nd round classified as "reaches".

Of all the things that I have disagreed w/Childress about, not drafting a QB in the first round last year is #1 on my list.
    So right now you are saying that you would trade Greenway, Griffin and TJ or Cook for Cutler?

What is done is done.
    Hindsight is 20/20 and I think we did just fine in the offseason last year.
    I would trade Greenway and Cook for Cutler (or Leinart) in a heartbeat. We had the 17th pick, so trading up to Denver's (11th pick) or Arizona's (10th) probably wouldn't have taken any more than our first rounder and a second rounder.

You said in your previous post that it wouldn't have helped us this year, and I agree that it probably wouldn't have. Brad would probably have still been the starter, but in my opinoon we'd be better off for years to come.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I think we should trade up as well. Calvin will go in the first 3 picks i bet. I doubt Childress does though. Last year we should have picked a first round QB no matter what it took and didnt.
    I'm in agreement. We had ample opportunity to draft Cutler or Leinart (we had the picks to make a good trade!) but we didn't.

What did we end up with? Our first rounder out for the year with an ACL injury and two guys in the 2nd round classified as "reaches".

Of all the things that I have disagreed w/Childress about, not drafting a QB in the first round last year is #1 on my list.
    So right now you are saying that you would trade Greenway, Griffin and TJ or Cook for Cutler?

What is done is done.
    I would trade Greenway and Cook for Cutler (or Leinart) in a heartbeat. We had the 17th pick, so trading up to Denver's (11th pick) or Arizona's (10th) probably wouldn't have taken any more than our first rounder and a second rounder.

You said in your previous post that it wouldn't have helped us this year, and I agree that it probably wouldn't have. Brad would probably have still been the starter, but in my opinoon we'd be better off for years to come.
    Good point, sith lord...toshay lol

sabatajh is offline Rookie

I'm happy with last years draft... Im not really a childress fan but you cant knock him for Greenway being hurt... You can never predict injuries and Greenway was Durable in college..I still think he will be a great LB. besides if Childress wasnt convinced T Jack cant be a starter long term I would prefer Quinn over any QB besides vince in last years draft. I doubt we will take a QB though. I see childress taking Ginn Jr because he can fill a need at 2 postitions, im still kind of torn on this because i think you can find a vetern reciever in Free agency and a solid reciever later in the 2-4 rounds. i would like to see the vikes take quinn and i think he will fall to 7 i like TJ but i just dont think he's ready to lead the team plus i would prefer a pro style pocket passer like quinn over TJ. but thats just me.. im sure he'll end up taking Ginn or a T at 7 if he dont trade down.

minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Ginn at 7, you've got to be kidding me, that's a HUGE reach, I would take Jarrett over Ginn in a heartbeat.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

kyleo1967 is offline Starter

I'm living in the Tampa Bay area and I've heard a lot of hinting by sports media and some buc insiders that the bucs may trade down hoping that someone in the 5-8 range would want calvin johnson.
    The vikes were mentioned by name as someone who might swap picks to get calvin johnson.
    That would be sweet!

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:

What is done is done.

Good point, sith lord...toshay lol
    Toshay???
    And you call yourself a writer?
    LOL

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    I'm living in the Tampa Bay area and I've heard a lot of hinting by sports media and some buc insiders that the bucs may trade down hoping that someone in the 5-8 range would want calvin johnson.
    The vikes were mentioned by name as someone who might swap picks to get calvin johnson.
    That would be sweet!
    We GOTTA make that deal !!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast