Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Trade UP!!!

  1. #11
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I was just going to joke about "tradeing up" when I read the other thread "trade down".

    Welcome to the offseason speculations I guess.
    Yep!
    ;D
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #12
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    I think we should trade up as well. Calvin will go in the first 3 picks i bet. I doubt Childress does though. Last year we should have picked a first round QB no matter what it took and didnt.

  3. #13
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I think we should trade up as well. Calvin will go in the first 3 picks i bet. I doubt Childress does though. Last year we should have picked a first round QB no matter what it took and didnt.
    Yeah, then we could have done as well as Arizona!
    Oh wait...
    :

    One or the top three QBs would not have helped us last year because our major problems were with WR, OL, and play calling.
    e would have had to package quite a bit to move up to the #10 or #11 spot, and we would have missed out other quality players in the draft as a result.
    Greenway, Griffin, TJ, Edwards, Blue... aybe even Cook if he comes around this year.

    Trading up isn't always the answer.
    Sometimes it is, but not always.

    If CJ is available at 4 or 5, it might be worth it.
    But trading up to #3 or higher would be too costly.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #14
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    I still say Grab Quinn...MR. Franchise is out there...and they should grab em...but a WR would be good like CJ if hes available only at 7..which I doubt he will be. Remember alot of talent is coming from the later rounds...3-7...

  5. #15
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I think we should trade up as well. Calvin will go in the first 3 picks i bet. I doubt Childress does though. Last year we should have picked a first round QB no matter what it took and didnt.
    I'm in agreement. We had ample opportunity to draft Cutler or Leinart (we had the picks to make a good trade!) but we didn't.

    What did we end up with? Our first rounder out for the year with an ACL injury and two guys in the 2nd round classified as "reaches".

    Of all the things that I have disagreed w/Childress about, not drafting a QB in the first round last year is #1 on my list.

  6. #16
    nephilimstorm's Avatar
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,184

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    We had amble oppurtunity to do lots of things lastyears draft that we didnt do...

  7. #17
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    "nephilimstorm" wrote:
    I still say Grab Quinn...MR. Franchise is out there...and they should grab em...but a WR would be good like CJ if hes available only at 7..which I doubt he will be. Remember alot of talent is coming from the later rounds...3-7...
    If Calvin Johnson is gone by 7, I like the Quinn pick.

    If Brady Quinn plays even half as good as his sister looks, we'll be Superbowl bound!!

    [img width=225 height=238]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/lauraquinn.jpg[/img]

    The old article I got this from says shes dating AJ Hawk.

    http://blogs.celebopedia.com/trivial-pursuits/index.php?d=03&m=01&y=06

  8. #18
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    Quit your whining.
    Last year was a great FA and draft.
    Some of them, the QB in particular, we have no idea about.
    Will he be good or won't he?
    Childress was hired to build up the team and implement his schemes and he's doing just that.
    I'm sure the FA and draft this year will be fine.
    The needs on the team are obvious to us, so I guarantee they're obvious to the professionals doing their jobs.
    There has been one move so far, picking up Frazier, and it was a damn good one.


    BTW, his sister looks like a made-over Frankenstein.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I think we should trade up as well. Calvin will go in the first 3 picks i bet. I doubt Childress does though. Last year we should have picked a first round QB no matter what it took and didnt.
    I'm in agreement. We had ample opportunity to draft Cutler or Leinart (we had the picks to make a good trade!) but we didn't.

    What did we end up with? Our first rounder out for the year with an ACL injury and two guys in the 2nd round classified as "reaches".

    Of all the things that I have disagreed w/Childress about, not drafting a QB in the first round last year is #1 on my list.
    So right now you are saying that you would trade Greenway, Griffin and TJ or Cook for Cutler?

    What is done is done.
    Hindsight is 20/20 and I think we did just fine in the offseason last year.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,572

    Re: Trade UP!!!

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "nephilimstorm" wrote:
    I still say Grab Quinn...MR. Franchise is out there...and they should grab em...but a WR would be good like CJ if hes available only at 7..which I doubt he will be. Remember alot of talent is coming from the later rounds...3-7...
    If Calvin Johnson is gone by 7, I like the Quinn pick.

    If Brady Quinn plays even half as good as his sister looks, we'll be Superbowl bound!!

    [img width=225 height=238]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/jamieanderson/lauraquinn.jpg[/img]

    The old article I got this from says shes dating AJ Hawk.

    http://blogs.celebopedia.com/trivial-pursuits/index.php?d=03&m=01&y=06
    She married him
    :-

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings AREN'T trying to make a trade & Trade rumors thread
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 09:20 PM
  2. Stay Put, Trade Up, Trade Down
    By Purplexing in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 12:06 AM
  3. If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By vikingsfan717 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
  4. MOVED: If We trade our first round pick who should we trade for?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:21 PM
  5. Vikings pull only trade at trade deadline!
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 139
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •