Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade Talks With Cleveland?

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    To add on to my last post:

Here is the scenario I see happening.

With the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select... Jamarcus Russell.

With that, either CJ or Thomas is guaranteed to be available at #3.
    Childress and co will contact the Browns with a prepared offer to trade up.
    It won't be the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd that Cleveland is looking for.
    I have a huntch it will be more like a first and third this year, with a provisional third
    to second next year (or less).
    We will also make it known that the trade offer is good only until Detroit picks.
    After that we can retract it based on who Detroit picks.
    Cleveland will fish around, looking for other teams willing to make a better trade.

If Cleveland can find a better trade (likely) or Detroit picks and takes CJ over Thomas (not likely, but it is Millen), then Minnesota will move on with plan B.
    Childress is smart enough to make the offer.
    He is also smart enough not to break the bank while doing it.
    Sounds great to me.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

I very much like this situation.
    Iether Joe Thomas or CJ would be great additions and fill team needs. In my opinion this is a prime outcome.
    I am assuming we would give a third rounder and next years second rounder.
    I would love to see us get drew bennet in free agency and Joe Thomas or ... CJ and one of the FA DBs.
    But I think as is iether Jamal Anderson or Gaines Adams will be there for us and both would be great additions to this team without having to lose anything.
    Maybe our DB's wouldn't be so bad if there was actually some pressure on the QB.
    For me it comes down to the fact that CJ is a stud and if Williamson gets his poop together we would have beautifully complementing recievers that would make synchronized swimmers jealous.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Can we give them Smoot and a few others that we don't really want instead of just picks?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

OchoCinco is offline Coordinator

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Can we give them Smoot and a few others that we don't really want instead of just picks?
    Only on Madden Caj.....only on Madden...

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"OchoCinco" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    ;D, I was thinking the same thing.
    I wonder if we can put a retarded pill in the drinking water on draft day and make other coaches not realize what the average fan realizes regarding the worth of individual players.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "OchoCinco" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I wonder if we can put a Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd pill in the drinking water on draft day and make other coaches not realize what the average fan realizes regarding the worth of individual players.
    Don't you get it, Prophet?
    Only VIKINGS fans know Smoot is a stiff - the rest of the NFL doesn't read our papers!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Billy" wrote:
    I very much like this situation.
    Iether Joe Thomas or CJ would be great additions and fill team needs. In my opinion this is a prime outcome.
    I am assuming we would give a third rounder and next years second rounder.
    I would love to see us get drew bennet in free agency and Joe Thomas or ... CJ and one of the FA DBs.
    But I think as is iether Jamal Anderson or Gaines Adams will be there for us and both would be great additions to this team without having to lose anything.
    Maybe our DB's wouldn't be so bad if there was actually some pressure on the QB.
    For me it comes down to the fact that CJ is a stud and if Williamson gets his poop together we would have beautifully complementing recievers that would make synchronized swimmers jealous.
    ;D I may not have been clear enough in my prediction.
    I think we will make an offer to Cleveland... But I think another team will make a bigger offer.

If Cleveland can find a better trade (likely) or Detroit picks and takes CJ over Thomas (not likely, but it is Millen), then Minnesota will move on with plan B.
    My point was that Childress will make a modest offer because it would be irresponsible not to, but it will not be Hershal-esc.
    Other teams either are now or by the draft will be in a better position to make larger offers without as much detriment to their team.
    Teams that have multiple second round picks for instance...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Prophet" wrote:
    I wonder if we can put a Challenged Hillbilly Lover'd pill in the drinking water on draft day and make other coaches not realize what the average fan realizes regarding the worth of individual players.
    You mean something like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBfV9Lpkdj0
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    You mean something like this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBfV9Lpkdj0
    That would work perfectly, put the plan into action.
    We will get a couple first rounders for Smoot and may even pick up the Whizzinator and pawn him off for a few high picks.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Instead of trading up, I see the Vikings trading down. CJ won't be available at 7 and so it would make sense for the Vikings to trade down from #7 because any other players they want would be available at a later pick. We can pick up a lower first round and an extra second round pick and
    possibly a player in trade.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast