Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    SuperVikes07 is offline Training Camp

Re: Trade Talks With Cleveland?

GUys it makes total sense come on now the browns are going to take either brady quinn or adrian peterson or troy smith. .
    none of those people will get picked from 4-5-6 ok tampa might go quarterback. .
    but yea its a steal for the browns they get there man for a lower cost 3rd pick is high big money but not a big money as 7th.
    an they get a third pick if i was a Gm id do it.
    think about it

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "OchoCinco" wrote:
    Sounds like a rumor....the trade values don't work out for a first and third...
    The value of the 3 pick is like 2200 our first and third max at around 1800. Sorry but that doesn't make sense, we would have to include a high value player or our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd
    for the value figures to work out. Trading down or up high in the draft doesn't happen often because of this. Remember the NO trade to move up and get Rickey Williams. Be really surprised if this has any validity.
    I think CJ is a beast, and I would love to see him as a Viking...but I don't want to see anything reminiscent of Herschel Walker!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    I Heard On TV That the Vikings Might trade up with Cleveland give them our first an 3rd round pick for there 1st. pick.
    Cleveland is going to draft Adrian Peterson From 4-7 no one needs an Running Back Plus they can pay him lower since he is the seventh pick.
    i say we do it.
    but if Calvin Johnson drops pass four he is a viking.
    HE RAN A 4. 35 at 6'5 please draft him.

[img width=200 height=200]http://www.480x.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/07/As%20seen%20on%20TV-logo.jpg[/img]
    That rumor & $19.95 will get you a Popiel pocket fisherman.

[img width=280 height=280]http://images.meta-mall.com/shoppingwarehouse/w280/popeil-pf103-pocket-fisherman-454430748.jpg[/img]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"SuperVikes07" wrote:
    GUys it makes total sense come on now the browns are going to take either brady quinn or adrian peterson or troy smith. .
    none of those people will get picked from 4-5-6 ok tampa might go quarterback. .
    but yea its a steal for the browns they get there man for a lower cost 3rd pick is high big money but not a big money as 7th.
    an they get a third pick if i was a Gm id do it.
    think about it
    The only thing that makes sense is you pulled something out of your ass you want people to discuss!

Give us a network,channel or person where you heard this and it may be worth discussing.

Do you really think Cleveland would take Troy Smith in the first round? Really! WOW!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Browns win coin flip for third pick, enhancing draft options[/size]

By Chick Ludwig
    Staff Writer

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Now that they own the No. 3 overall draft pick, edging the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the honor, what will the Browns do with it on April 28?

"We feel like we definitely are going to be able to get a good player that can help us," head coach Romeo Crennel said Friday at the NFL combine. "Every spot in the draft has value, so that one spot adds a lot of value to us. That's a plus. Hopefully, that's an indication on how our season is going to go. So we're excited about that."

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Browns win coin flip for third pick, enhancing draft options[/size]

By Chick Ludwig
    Staff Writer

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Now that they own the No. 3 overall draft pick, edging the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the honor, what will the Browns do with it on April 28?

"We feel like we definitely are going to be able to get a good player that can help us," head coach Romeo Crennel said Friday at the NFL combine. "Every spot in the draft has value, so that one spot adds a lot of value to us. That's a plus. Hopefully, that's an indication on how our season is going to go. So we're excited about that."

Yeah I think Troy Smith would like to go to Cleveland but I doubt they would take him in the first round.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

The Browns know that if they can get Peterson at 3 they can get him at 7.

Trading down would definitely make sense for them, my guess would be we'd have to give up our #7 pick, our 3rd rounder, Smoot, and either next year's second or another player. It would be a lot to move up 4 picks, but Calvin Johnson is the best receiver prospect in 9 years and we should definitely try hard to move up for him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Makes alot of sense for the Browns.
    No one is disagreeing with that.
    Just hurts the Vikes IMHO too much.

Not only do you give up a bunch (Picks = Future of Team) but then we would have to worry about what it would do to our FA period if we had the number 3 pick.

Based on the value chart.

3rd pick = 2200.

7th Pick = 1500 + 41rst Pick (490) + 2008 3rd round pick (est #80) (190) = 2180

First link is always a bit higher than reality I think, but Clayton from ESPN is pretty close with his numbers.
    Ours should go up a bit I would assume based on who we let go before Friday (est 20Mill)

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=2758756
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

OK, while I still view this is an unsubstantiated rumor, I just wanted to weigh the pros and cons of making a move like this.

Pros:
    * CJ has very high potential to be a great NFL wide out.
    * Drafting CJ would generate a lot of excitement in a community that still misses another big name WR.
    * A legitimate deep threat at WR would do wonders for our offense.
    The run game would be opened up, and other receivers would benefit from the shift in attention

Cons:
    * Our first and second round pick this year is pretty damn costly.
    The vikings need help in several areas, not just WR.
    * Nobody is a guarantee in the draft.
    Nobody.
    * There is also no guarantee that CJ would be available at number 3.
    What if we made this trade and CJ and Joe Thomas get drafted 1 & 2 (a very good possibility).
    Who would we draft then?
    We would have to wait until draft day to make this deal to make sure he is available.
    And then the price will go up because everybody knows exactly what's on the table.

I would love to get CJ.
    I absolutely would.
    But trading up to the number 3 pick is simply too expensive for us to do IMHO.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

To add on to my last post:

Here is the scenario I see happening.

With the #1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select... Jamarcus Russell.

With that, either CJ or Thomas is guaranteed to be available at #3.
    Childress and co will contact the Browns with a prepared offer to trade up.
    It won't be the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd that Cleveland is looking for.
    I have a huntch it will be more like a first and third this year, with a provisional third
    to second next year (or less).
    We will also make it known that the trade offer is good only until Detroit picks.
    After that we can retract it based on who Detroit picks.
    Cleveland will fish around, looking for other teams willing to make a better trade.

If Cleveland can find a better trade (likely) or Detroit picks and takes CJ over Thomas (not likely, but it is Millen), then Minnesota will move on with plan B.
    Childress is smart enough to make the offer.
    He is also smart enough not to break the bank while doing it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast