Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade Rumor's for Schaub

I like Schaub as much as the next guy but Brad and a 2nd rounder for Schaub is not a good idea. You have a proven QB in Brad. To trade him and a 2nd rounder for someone with only some experience (although impressive IMO) isn't what the team needs. I would rather give up the #17 overall for Schaub. That would be sensible. That way we have a decent backup either way.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

This is probably just another "What if" scenario tossed out by people who have too much time on their hands. In no way, shape, or form does this kind of deal make sense for the Vikes.

Johnson is a very capable - if unspectacular - Quarterback. Schaub is an unproven back-up whose numbers don't exactly make me salivate. Schaub looked real good against US last season...but that's about it.

I'd almost rather look for a QB in the later rounds, stick with Johnson, and see where the chips lie at the end of the day. Schaub is a Free Agent next season, if we need him, we can always bid for him then.

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with Caine. I do want to point something out to those of you think think Schaub hasn't really proven himself. True he is 0-2 as a starter. However everyone keeps talking how he did well only against us. He did very well against the Pats last year also. Then everyone says well the Pats were injured last year. It was the same Pats team that defeated the world champions Steelers just 2 weeks prior to that. That was when the Steelers were 2-0 and looked unbeatable. Say what you want Schaub will be a good NFL QB IMO. I know one or two games does not show what a QB will be in their careers. However, when you look at the little things Schaub was impressive when given the chance to play last year. Maybe he wasn't so impressive his first year but how many QBs are? Especially ones that don't play every game and have a chance to get a rythem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123