Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    C-PepNSalt is offline Pro-Bowler

Trade Rumor's for Schaub

I heard a rumor at work...so you can take this with a grain of salt, but just thought i'd throw it out there.

I was told that brad johnson was contacted by an undisclosed team, which he said the team was looking for a strong back up, and wondered if he was interested in moving south again. He hinted at Atlanta, and it sounded like they were thinking about trading Schaub for Brad Johnson and a 2nd round pick.
    "Johnson, we will keep on beating them until morale improves."

Prophet Guest

Re: Trade Rumor's for Schaub

Was it the ball boy or janitor?

That certainly would be an interesting and unexpected twist.

============================================

Falcons | Schaub expects to be with team in 2006
    Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:23:27 -0700

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons backup QB Matt Schaub said Thursday, April 20, that he expects to be with the team next season as QB Michael Vick's backup, despite lingering trade talk. "At some point I'd like to play in this league, but right now I'm the backup to Mike and that's my role and I embrace it wholeheartedly," said Schaub.

Hutchinson also told Holmgren that he wanted to stay in Seattle...the green changes a persons mind pretty fast

Prophet Guest

Yeah, if this would come to fruition there would be some heated debates/speculation going on. You never know, the next week or so will be very entertaining.

Oh yea, i highly doubt this comes true, however, i wouldn't be opposed to it as long as it's just brad johnson and a 2nd round pick...

Prophet Guest

"C-PepNSalt" wrote:
    Oh yea, i highly doubt this comes true, however, i wouldn't be opposed to it as long as it's just brad johnson and a 2nd round pick...
    I would do it for a second round pick (the lower one) and definitely would not pull the trigger for BJ. BJ is much more capable then Schaub. Shit, you get Schaub for BJ and you have no veterans. The better option would be to take the chances on BJ not getting injured and pick up a QB next year. I'm not for a BJ for Schaub deal, that would not be wise.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm sure he's just saying that he is happy as the backup so he isn't hated in Atlanta if the trade doesn't happen. But who wouldn't want to be a franshise quarterback for a lot of money as apposed to less money riding the pine?

ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    "C-PepNSalt" wrote:
    I would do it for a second round pick (the lower one) and definitely would not pull the trigger for BJ. BJ is much more capable then Schaub. pooh, you get Schaub for BJ and you have no veterans. The better option would be to take the chances on BJ not getting injured and pick up a QB next year. I'm not for a BJ for Schaub deal, that would not be wise.
    I Completely agree.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

Dwags is offline Training Camp

I think it woudl be foolish to trade BJ and a second rounder for Schaub. I'd much rather trade our first rounder next year for Schaub, as opposed to packaging a ton of picks this year to move up and take one of the three big QBs in the draft. At least Schaub is somewhat proven, and that way we can get the last few years out of Brad. Moreover, if we have a decent year this year, our first rounder will probably be in the 20s, and wouldn't get us a good QB in next year's draft anyway.

If that makes any sense...

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

Keep Johnson. Trade #17 pick for Schaub, if Sims, etc not available. Don't send away Johnson & 2nd Round pick.

Heck keep Johnson. Keep #17 pick, if Sims, etc. ARE available. Trade 2nd round & 3rd or 4th round pick for Schuab.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast