Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade INTO the First Round?

"mewario" wrote:
    we should just trade down in the first round, to late in the first round, and we'll get a 2nd rounder for doing the deal. Then, send the late first rounder to the Falcons for Schaub. And this way we have 3 second rounders.

Not a bad solution, similar to what happened in the Jets/Falcons/Broncos trade a few weeks ago.
    Then we could take 2 of the 3 2nd rounders and trade up late in the 1st round, that was we get Schaub a 1st rounder, 2 2nd rounders and 2 3rd rounders.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

I'd trade to someone like the 49er's since they need all the help they can get. I would take the 6th pick from them for a 2nd & 3rd rounder, no prob

~ Also, no matter what you hear, we are not gonna get Schaub. ATL would be stupid to trade him. If they do, great! But they will not & we will keep our 17th or trade up.

CrazyVikingsFan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Slade" wrote:
    I'd trade to someone like the 49er's since they need all the help they can get. I would take the 6th pick from them for a 2nd & 3rd rounder, no prob
    ~ Also, no matter what you hear, we are not gonna get Schaub. ATL would be stupid to trade him. If they do, great! But they will not & we will keep our 17th or trade up.

now way we could trade a second rounder for the 6th pick in the draft we would have to trade both seconds and both 3rds for that pick. think of it this way would u take the offer if dallas offer up a second and third rounder for our 1st round pick we would say no way!!!

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"K-Rob18" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:

now way we could trade a second rounder for the 6th pick in the draft we would have to trade both seconds and both 3rds for that pick. think of it this way would u take the offer if dallas offer up a second and third rounder for our 1st round pick we would say no way!!!
    ~ Good point, but the 9ers are clueless & they might fall for it :grin:

"FTFXR" wrote:
    It sounds more like they may give #17 for schaub.
    whered u hear this?

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

Nah, I like where we are sitting. By the way, is it really that difficult to use the correct form of there/their/they're, your/you're, and by/bye/buy? Seriously...
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

IMO...the Vikes should stick with the picks they have. Most teams would love to have 5 picks in the first three rounds.......
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

"headtrip" wrote:
    It's a possibility, but this years draft, like most other years, is pretty deep. It's almost just better to have the multiple second and third round picks.

I agree!!! i rather use our 1st on a LB and then the two 2nds on another LB and QB then go Saftey in third then just fill the rest of the wholes!!! There is also alot of depth at OT so i think we can pick up a good tackle in the later rounds!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

"FTFXR" wrote:
    It sounds more like they may give #17 for schaub.

I would cry!!! Remember the last time we made a trade for a player that played good against us?!?! I do, it was Napoleon Harris, he played so well against us that we trade them Randy Moss for him!!! I know he is a good young talent, but he isn't first round pick quality!!! i would definately give up a 2nd for him since we do have two of them!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

The price has to be right but you get great players in rounds 2 and 3 so don't morgage the draft to only get 1 or 2 players like the Saints did to get Ricky.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast