Brad Johnson
    Mike McMahon
    Brett "Vicodin" Favre
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brian Griese
    Rex Grossman
    Jon Kitna
    Josh McCown

Seriously, there's not one up and coming superstar in the whole bunch. Except Tavaris, but that's next year.
    Josh McCown in the right system will flourish and Mike Martz may be just the man to get the best out of him.
    Man, your signature is just painful to look at. Couldn't you replace it with something more appealing? Maybe a steaming pile of turds?
    Not smart enough to make a football comment eh? had to go straight for the sig attack
    So I take it you're a Fins fan, not a Vikings fan. Or are you just a fan of Dainty Culpecker, the QB who refused to rehab in MN, acted like a spoiled brat by whining for a raise after his worst season ever, forced his way out of the Vikings organization, and potentially set this team back for years at the most important position in the game. Fins fan, right?
    You're a very bitter man. I'm a Vikings fan though, although i have followed Culpepper since college when he almost single handedly beat Nebraska back when that meant something and plan on conintuing to do so. Also quarterback isn't the most important position. Trent Dilfer won a superbowl and so did Brad Johnson proving any quarterback can win a superbowl. You need good coaching and a good defense and strong running game and you can win a superbowl.
    So in other words you are saying Brad johnson sucks? here are some facts for ya.

In the 2003 NFL Quarterback Challenge sponsored by 989 Sports they pitted Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Mark Brunell, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Marc Bulger and others against each other in a skills competition with 4 skills: accuracy, speed and mobility, long distance throw and "No Huddle." Brad beat them all.

And also last season he did set the Vikings record for lowest interception to attempt ratio at 1.3%. He also had a 1.3% ratio in 2002, which remains Tampa's all-time record too. Given he has one of the top 20 career passer ratings in NFL history, it's probably not too surprising. Did you know Johnson was playing with cracked ribs the last few games of the season this year?

He also holds the NFL record for most consecutive seasons with over 60% completion rate, which he's done for the past 10 seasons. The previous record holders were Montana and Young with 8 consecutive seasons. Kind of amazing Johnson has been that consistent since he's played for 3 different teams in that time period.

i agree, brad rocks. period
    I'm not saying Brad sucks by any means. Hes consistent and you know what your always gonna get out of him. Occasionally he'll have a great game, but usually he just plays consistently right above average which is good cause rarely does he cross the below the average line in a game. All I meant with Brad is hes never gonna be a star quarterback who is gonna throw near 40 tds or 5000 yds. Hes not a star, hes solid and thats no knock.

i agree, hes good, very consistent. but he'll never has a really big season. thats why i regret us not drafting a top 3 QB this year :sad:
    Luckily for us big numbers doesn't Equal superbowls. Consistency does. About the only sad thing that comes from the move is your guyses fantasy football numbers go in the tank. For the team though having a guy who is consistent but lacks huge numbers is probably a good thing.

Nope. Big numbers automatically make you a Super Bowl champ. Ben, Brady, Dilfer, and Brad...all had huge numbers!

badbois is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Trade with eagles

brad johnson sucks.

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

"badbois" wrote:
    brad johnson sucks.
    Good way to back up your opinion badbois... lol.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"badbois" wrote:
    brad johnson sucks.
    Par for the course.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Interesting article Singer...I know I was pretty high on Baskett when the Vikes picked him up after the draft and I happened to read a bit more about him.
    I don't know what it was that Childress and Company didn't like about him. Heck, coaches dream of having good blocking receivers who can also catch the ball. But there was something they didn't like. You don't give up a prospect like Baskett for an average receiver at best unless you see something that the stats don't tell you. And it must have been something bad otherwise why wuld every team pass on a guy who was suppose to go mid-round?
    Can't wait to see what the Vikes saw in McMullen that the Eagles never did...I sure hope that he can come anywhere near what CC did when he switched teams from the Eagles to the Vikes! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Prophet Guest

"badbois" wrote:
    brad johnson sucks.
    Now it all makes sense. Your command of the English language is the driving force behind your motivation to go to law school.

Top_Speed is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    "PurplePridesSavior" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by PackSux!
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePridesSavior
    Quote Originally Posted by boognish
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAndy
    I hated the Mike Mcmahon pickup in the offseason
    NFC North quarterbacks are a sad state of affairs these days:

Brad Johnson
    Mike McMahon
    Brett "Vicodin" Favre
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brian Griese
    Rex Grossman
    Jon Kitna
    Josh McCown

Seriously, there's not one up and coming superstar in the whole bunch. Except Tavaris, but that's next year.
    Josh McCown in the right system will flourish and Mike Martz may be just the man to get the best out of him.
    Man, your signature is just painful to look at. Couldn't you replace it with something more appealing? Maybe a steaming pile of turds?
    Not smart enough to make a football comment eh? had to go straight for the sig attack
    So I take it you're a Fins fan, not a Vikings fan. Or are you just a fan of Dainty Culpecker, the QB who refused to rehab in MN, acted like a spoiled brat by whining for a raise after his worst season ever, forced his way out of the Vikings organization, and potentially set this team back for years at the most important position in the game. Fins fan, right?
    You're a very bitter man. I'm a Vikings fan though, although i have followed Culpepper since college when he almost single handedly beat Nebraska back when that meant something and plan on conintuing to do so. Also quarterback isn't the most important position. Trent Dilfer won a superbowl and so did Brad Johnson proving any quarterback can win a superbowl. You need good coaching and a good defense and strong running game and you can win a superbowl.
    So in other words you are saying Brad johnson sucks? here are some facts for ya.

In the 2003 NFL Quarterback Challenge sponsored by 989 Sports they pitted Tom Brady, Matt Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia, Mark Brunell, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Marc Bulger and others against each other in a skills competition with 4 skills: accuracy, speed and mobility, long distance throw and "No Huddle." Brad beat them all.

And also last season he did set the Vikings record for lowest interception to attempt ratio at 1.3%. He also had a 1.3% ratio in 2002, which remains Tampa's all-time record too. Given he has one of the top 20 career passer ratings in NFL history, it's probably not too surprising. Did you know Johnson was playing with cracked ribs the last few games of the season this year?

He also holds the NFL record for most consecutive seasons with over 60% completion rate, which he's done for the past 10 seasons. The previous record holders were Montana and Young with 8 consecutive seasons. Kind of amazing Johnson has been that consistent since he's played for 3 different teams in that time period.

I'm not saying Brad sucks by any means. Hes consistent and you know what your always gonna get out of him. Occasionally he'll have a great game, but usually he just plays consistently right above average which is good cause rarely does he cross the below the average line in a game. All I meant with Brad is hes never gonna be a star quarterback who is gonna throw near 40 tds or 5000 yds. Hes not a star, hes solid and thats no knock.

i agree, hes good, very consistent. but he'll never has a really big season. thats why i regret us not drafting a top 3 QB this year :sad:
    Luckily for us big numbers doesn't Equal superbowls. Consistency does. About the only sad thing that comes from the move is your guyses fantasy football numbers go in the tank. For the team though having a guy who is consistent but lacks huge numbers is probably a good thing.

Nope. Big numbers automatically make you a Super Bowl champ. Ben, Brady, Dilfer, and Brad...all had huge numbers!
    I just wanted to say... "there is more dog-gone quotes here than million dollar reality shows on TV!"
    Home Sweet Dome...

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

"Top_Speed" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    "PurplePridesSavior" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by YogidAbEAR

Brad Johnson
    Mike McMahon
    Brett "Vicodin" Favre
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brian Griese
    Rex Grossman
    Jon Kitna
    Josh McCown

I just wanted to say... "there is more dog-gone quotes here than million dollar reality shows on TV!"
    Living in Syracuse..I KNOW you've heard this one~You can't spell SUCK..without SU ~ lol

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "Top_Speed" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "YogidAbEAR" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by YogidAbEAR

Brad Johnson
    Mike McMahon
    Brett "Vicodin" Favre
    Aaron Rodgers
    Brian Griese
    Rex Grossman
    Jon Kitna
    Josh McCown

Living in Syracuse..I KNOW you've heard this one~You can't spell SUCK..without SU ~ lol
    Thought i'd chime in.. Your the man 2beers!

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni

no I'm not lmao..remember this Vikez..lie to women..not your friends..j/k to all the female posters on here :smile:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast