Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trade Down!

peadawg is offline Training Camp

Re: Trade Down!

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "peadawg" wrote:
    I like the idea of trading with Carolina, they are right about where I'd like to be #14.

I say swap first round picks with the panthers, get their 2nd, and a 4th/5th.

Then we can take (in order)

Greg Olson - TE Miami
    Kenny Irons - RB Auburn
    Robert Meachum - WR Tenn

Three nice young play-makers to add to the mix.
    Those last two players won't be on the board in the 4th and 5th rounds, respectively.
    And #14 is way too high to take Olson, plus we just sunk a ton of money into the TE position already.
    I didn't say take them in the 4th/5th round...

Olson in the 1st rd (#14)
    - this is about where he's going to be drafted.
    Irons in the 2nd rd (#41) - Again, about where he will go.
    Meachum in the 2nd rd (#45) - May be a bit late for him, but time will tell.

Olson has been lighting up the scouts, his combine and pro-day has done nothing but improve his stock.
    He was slated to go as the #2 TE, but Zach miller clearly lacks something so far this off season.
    i understand the fact we gave VS $$, but how many other Shockey/Winslow type TE's should we let pass?

I have to amend this, I think Irons will probably be gone at #41, probably more along the lines of a Michael Bush, Michael Pittman type though, should be available.

Meachum or Bowe should still make it to here, although Meachum was on fire during his workouts...
    "Golf is the only sport you can talk about threesomes, foursomes, and the size of your balls. "

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

apparantly i really need to start watching college football more and paying attention to that shit.
    im definatly the nfl (ecspecially vikings) expert of my family/friends etc, but come draft time i have nothing to throw into the conversation since i dont normally find the time to watch college

thats why i have u guys!

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

aceclown is offline Coach

"peadawg" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "peadawg" wrote:
    I like the idea of trading with Carolina, they are right about where I'd like to be #14.
    I say swap first round picks with the panthers, get their 2nd, and a 4th/5th.
    Then we can take (in order)

Greg Olson - TE Miami
    Kenny Irons - RB Auburn
    Robert Meachum - WR Tenn

Three nice young play-makers to add to the mix.
    Those last two players won't be on the board in the 4th and 5th rounds, respectively.
    And #14 is way too high to take Olson, plus we just sunk a ton of money into the TE position already.
    I didn't say take them in the 4th/5th round...

Olson in the 1st rd (#14)
    - this is about where he's going to be drafted.
    Irons in the 2nd rd (#41) - Again, about where he will go.
    Meachum in the 2nd rd (#45) - May be a bit late for him, but time will tell.
    After running a 4.38, theres no way Meachem will be there at 45.

Chuch.

id go #1 Dwayne Bowe

#2a Jarvis Moss or Charles Johnson

#2b Kenny Irons

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Cowboys looking to trade up!

Also on the quarterback front, a columnist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune wrote shortly after the Texans attended Notre Dame Pro Day workout that Houston "has talked to teams about moving up so it can draft Quinn". No word on what the Texans may be offering in such trade talks, but it is believed that the team has been very reluctant to give up any draft picks this offseason.
    http://houstonprofootball.com/news.html
    So what's for trade bait?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    I'm not downplaying any of their roles.
    However they were all part of the 1997 team as well.
    What I'm saying is that one person changed a team from mediocracy to greatness.
    I totally agree with what you said about Carter.
    IMO Carter was a better WR but it was the draft of Moss that put this team over the hump.
    Cunningham only played six games in '97, and the Vikings made the playoffs, won the wild card and lost to the Niners in the Division round.
    That's not chopped liver!

=Z=
    True.
    I agree.
    I also think Leroy Hoard was a big reason we got past the first round.
    Let's not forget the Giants break down in coverage late in the game either.
    LOL

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'm not on the Calvin Johnson love train.
    Trade down, increase the odds of getting some starters on the roster.
    with our current sad state of affairs, i think to keep this franchise in MN, we almost HAVE to move up to grab CJ.
    The fans are not stupid, they know we're making no moves to make this team better....and it needs many players to get better.
    I think by making a bold move and trading up to get CJ, you spark some life in the fans, you spark some life in the team so that people at least get the idea that this team cares at all to try to get better.
    our receivers are just pathetic.
    i remember the good old days of Moss, Carter, and Reed.
    Reed wasn't really that great, but he made a good #3 receiver....and had plenty of room to roam with defenses keying on Moss and Carter.
    Now we're stuck with T. Will.,
    B. Mcmullen, and B. Wade....it's just horrible.
    trading up to get CJ is maybe not the most logical thing to do as far as we would have to give up a lot to do that....but to me, most of the moves this team has made the past two years are illogical....so if they're not going to be logical, i'd rather them error on at least getting a game breaker than another career backup.
    my 2 1/2 cents.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I'm not on the Calvin Johnson love train.
    Trade down, increase the odds of getting some starters on the roster.
    with our current sad state of affairs, i think to keep this franchise in MN, we almost HAVE to move up to grab CJ.
    The fans are not stupid, they know we're making no moves to make this team better....and it needs many players to get better.
    I think by making a bold move and trading up to get CJ, you spark some life in the fans, you spark some life in the team so that people at least get the idea that this team cares at all to try to get better.
    our receivers are just pathetic.
    i remember the good old days of Moss, Carter, and Reed.
    Reed wasn't really that great, but he made a good #3 receiver....and had plenty of room to roam with defenses keying on Moss and Carter.
    Now we're stuck with T. Will.,
    B. Mcmullen, and B. Wade....it's just horrible.
    trading up to get CJ is maybe not the most logical thing to do as far as we would have to give up a lot to do that....but to me, most of the moves this team has made the past two years are illogical....so if they're not going to be logical, i'd rather them error on at least getting a game breaker than another career backup.
    my 2 1/2 cents.
    I would love to have him on the team, I'm just not infatuated to the point of giving up an insane amount of picks to get the job done.
    I'm sure we'll have a little better understanding of the situation when the draft rolls around.
    That is, if Curtis doesn't end up here and if there are no trades in the hopper.

I hope they make the decisions based on their long-range plans rather than what the perception of a cadry of fickle fans want.
    A coach that chooses to listen to the fans rather than follow his battle plans has lost the war before it begins.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234