Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Trade down in 1st rd then send that pick to ATL for Schaub?

Im sorry getting Schaub would remind me of sending a second round to the Jags for Doug Johnson which the Bills did and he was a bust..Flutie proved that in Buffalo

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade down in 1st rd then send that pick to ATL for Schaub?

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Fans want Schaub because we have seen him play well in the NFL which is much more than can be said of any QB we draft. If we could get him he would be a safe bet. Both a reliable backup as he has been for Vick and a potential starter if he keeps on progressing at this pace. For those who complain about not wanting to trade up for an unreliable QB, Schaub would be the answer.
    DING DING! we have a winner!

very nicely said....

Schaub has 2 years of progress on anyone we would draft right now. Very very very rarely, if ever, has a QB come in as a rookie and actually been successful. Schaub has been developing and learning in the NFL for 2 years now and he has shown at every opporunity he got last year he is a very capable QB.

I would like someone to tell me the negatives on him? I personally dont see any
    Although he has learned the WCO, he hasn't learned Childress' version. Not to mention we are not really in search of a new starting qb FOR THIS YEAR. He has not shown himself to be a winner, which is the most important thing for a QB. If we can get him for a second, go for it...but all this first round talk is stupid. If we could only get a second rounder for a 3 time pro-bowler, then why would we trade a first rounder for someone with 2 career starts?
    Because he did not want to play here, and that is all we could get for him!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Trade down in 1st rd then send that pick to ATL for Scha

The Falcons dont wanna get rid of Schaub because Vick is not a great QB. I bet there are some in the organization that think Schaub should be leading the team, and not Vick.

I would love to have him, but not gonna happen. Vick could pull a Culpepper and the Falcons could just cut him lose. Hell, there may even be people with the Falcons that are hoping for that just as well.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Wiggles67" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:
    Fans want Schaub because we have seen him play well in the NFL which is much more than can be said of any QB we draft. If we could get him he would be a safe bet. Both a reliable backup as he has been for Vick and a potential starter if he keeps on progressing at this pace. For those who complain about not wanting to trade up for an unreliable QB, Schaub would be the answer.
    DING DING! we have a winner!

very nicely said....

Schaub has 2 years of progress on anyone we would draft right now. Very very very rarely, if ever, has a QB come in as a rookie and actually been successful. Schaub has been developing and learning in the NFL for 2 years now and he has shown at every opporunity he got last year he is a very capable QB.

I would like someone to tell me the negatives on him? I personally dont see any
    Although he has learned the WCO, he hasn't learned Childress' version. Not to mention we are not really in search of a new starting qb FOR THIS YEAR. He has not shown himself to be a winner, which is the most important thing for a QB. If we can get him for a second, go for it...but all this first round talk is stupid. If we could only get a second rounder for a 3 time pro-bowler, then why would we trade a first rounder for someone with 2 career starts?
    You make a good argument, but a rookie QB qould have all the same problems. A rookie QB won't be expected to start this year. Schaub has not had a chance to prove he is a winner in the NFL, but neither has any rookie we draft. What happened with Daunte shouldn't affect this decision at all either.

I would much rather trade for Schaub if it is possible than trade up to get a QB. I don't see how anyone could disagree with this if all it took was our first round pick. Note that I am not saying trade for Schaub at all costs, I'm just saying he is the better of those two options. That being said, I don't think Atlanta will trade him.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

I would be very upset if they trade down, that means they won't have a chance to draft Ernie Sims who they really want

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"KWilliamsAWinfield" wrote:
    I would be very upset if they trade down, that means they won't have a chance to draft Ernie Sims who they really want

Who from the Vikings said they really want Ernie Sims?

There is speculation because people think we need a LB, but Childress has said he was impressed with the group of LB's we have.

We could just as easily take a RB, QB, O-lineman, Corner, Safety, D-lineman or even a WR with the 17th pick.

Or if they took a LB they could take Chad Greenway, Thomas Howard, Bobby Carpenter or Demeco Ryans! All linebacker that have been rated higher than Sims on draft prospects boards.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

No thank you.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "KWilliamsAWinfield" wrote:

Who from the Vikings said they really want Ernie Sims?

There is speculation because people think we need a LB, but Childress has said he was impressed with the group of LB's we have.

We could just as easily take a RB, QB, O-lineman, Corner, Safety, D-lineman or even a WR with the 17th pick.

Or if they took a LB they could take Chad Greenway, Thomas Howard, Bobby Carpenter or Demeco Ryans! All linebacker that have been rated higher than Sims on draft prospects boards.
    Sims or Greenway would probably the most sensible choice at 17. LB is the position that we need help at right away, meaning it's the one that would improve the team the most. If we got Sims or GReenway there is a good chance they would start whereas a QB would not and an RB would have to beat Taylor out for the job.

CB, S, and OL don't improve the team enough to justify a 1st round pick IMO. We need depth at those positions, not starters.

Barring trades, I see the draft going something like this.
    1: LB/RB
    2: QB/LB
    2: QB/RB/LB
    3: CB/OL
    3: CB/OL/TE

Some may disagree, but I think we all are happy that we have 6 needs and 5 first day picks.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"farvathevikinglover" wrote:
    atlanta has refused to trade schaub to anyone for anyone. they even refused to trade him for abraham in the deal with the jets! they want to keep him because hes good and they can still do good if vick gets hurt. so its more likely weill trade up for someone (im hoping cutler). if we dont, some mock drafts have us taking croyle or something like that in the 2nd round.
    im thinking they want to keep schaub to replace vick cause vick sucks.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345