Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade C. Taylor

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade C. Taylor

"st.cloud_83" wrote:
    They should have shipped Taylor out once we secured AP in the draft .
    Taylor's great and all, but in Chilly's offense, anyone can average more than 4 yards a carry.

Our backfield will be fine with a Moore/Peterson 1-2 punch (I still believe Moore never got a solid chance, and the kid is a stud. . .
    career average 4. 8 YPC).
    AP's injury past doesn't mean much anyways, so don't bank keeping Taylor around cause we drafted a gimp (which AP is not, and will stay healthy).
    And if AP does get hurt, then let Mewelde brake ankles and then stick Fiason in to run over peeps.

Our current backfield is great, and would still be great if we traded Taylor away for say. . .
    T.
    Green (LJ is in his contract year and the Chiefs have been shopping him).

Now you have T.
    Green starting while keeping T Jack's spot warm, and Thigpen our 3rd QB (kid has huge upside).
    Then we could also cut that putz bollinger, savvy?
    Sorry, but we need to keep Chester...his contract isn't that onerous...and by the time it expires, AP will be firmly established and we will be able to draft another pounder to help carry the load.
    Sorry for the rude welcome...but this is a tough crowd...but take heart, we all have to deal with it...PP.O veterans as well as rookies.
    Stick around though...we are a pretty good group overall.
    ;D

BTW, welcome to the site...post often and post well and you will do just fine here!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

davike is offline Team Alumni

Are you 12? Posting crap in your first post will not get you anywhere on this site. Lets see what you have here:

They should have shipped Taylor out once we secured AP in the draft.

Yeah.....right....trade away one of the only parts of our offense that is actually fairly proven : AP looks good and he looks like he should be a solid back, but there is evidence tells us he will succeed at the pro level.

in Chilly's offense, anyone can average more than 4 yards a carry
    Were you watching the same offense I was watching last year? We had no pass game to open up the run game for Taylor. Every RB that had more yards then Taylor had either a really good line or a good pass game to open up the run game. I think that if we had more of a line or a pass game Taylor would have gotten more yards and had a much better YPC average.

Our backfield will be fine with a Moore/Peterson 1-2 punch (I still believe Moore never got a solid chance, and the kid is a stud. . .
    Moore got plenty chances....he isn't tough enough to play a big role in any offense.

AP's injury past doesn't mean much anyways, so don't bank keeping Taylor around cause we drafted a gimp (which AP is not, and will stay healthy).
    I think he is tough for sure....but you can't say he won't get injured....he may or may not, only time will tell.

And if AP does get hurt, then let Mewelde brake ankles and then stick Fiason in to run over peeps
    Yeah sure.....Fason doesn't have a complete enough game to be a solid back as far as I have seen. He doesn't pick up the Blitz well is probably one of his biggest shortcomings. I like Fason but he needs to be more of a complete back to be a big time back.

Our current backfield is great, and would still be great if we traded Taylor away for say. . .
    T.
    By trading Taylor we would be throwing away one of the only consistent players on our offense last year. I think Childress is set at his QB position....the draft further proved that Jackson will more then likely start this year.

Now you have T.
    Green starting while keeping T Jack's spot warm, and Thigpen our 3rd QB (kid has huge upside).
    Then we could also cut that putz bollinger
    : : :

savvy?
    Not exactly.

Ohh I almost forgot.....welcome to the site.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Oh yeah, trading Chester Taylor makes perfect sense
    :

Good call.

st.cloud_83 is offline Waterboy

in Chilly's offense, anyone can average more than 4 yards a carry

Were you watching the same offense I was watching last year? We had no pass game to open up the run game for Taylor.
    Every RB that had more yards then Taylor had either a really good line or a good pass game to open up the run game.
    I think that if we had more of a line or a pass game Taylor would have gotten more yards and had a much better YPC average.

I'm not sure how to do the quote thing.
    Look at Moore/Fiason's YPC. . .
    How does a pass scheme change when you put Fiason/Moore in there?

Fiason - 5. 5 YPC
    Moore - 5. 5 YPC, 24 attempts (155 attempts in 05' and 4. 3 YPC)

I understand the pecentage goes down with more attempts, but look what Moore did in 05, and please don't say it's cause of Culpepper (who only posted stats in garbage time).

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"st.cloud_83" wrote:
    Taylor's great and all, but in Chilly's offense, anyone can average more than 4 yards a carry.

And if AP does get hurt, then let Mewelde brake ankles and then stick Fiason in to run over peeps.

T.

Now you have T.
    The world isn't flat!

And getting off the drugs might
    be a good start.

Welcome! I think!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

You want to "trade Taylor for a stud because he has high value"?

Taylor has high value because he IS a stud, brother!!!
    LOL
    That is, if you define "stud" as being able to amass over 1400 yards in last year's anemic Offense with opposing Defenses stacking the box because they knew our passing game was several degrees south of piss-poor.

AP has the potential to be a SUPER-stud...but at this point, that's all it is...potential.

Welcome to the site, btw.

thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

"st.cloud_83" wrote:

T.

Now you have T.

What a great post to start off ur PPO career!Now everyone is either gonna hate u or think ur an idiot (including myself) TRADING CHESTER MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL! Dont u realize what we can do now?
    We can do split back plays we can line up chester behind ap or the other way around, the possibilities are great and many.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

can anyone average 4yd/carry with our line's play last year? This could be a dumber idea than keeping Tice as a head coach. CTay WAS OUR OFFENSE last season, you don't treat your best weapon like that..... come on.... horrible idea
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

st.cloud_83 is offline Waterboy

It's flat?? I find it funny too that half of you think Bollinger has upside. . .

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"st.cloud_83" wrote:

career average 4. 8 YPC
    ).

T.

Now you have T.
    im sorry man, but if thats how you define a 'stud' pro athlete, then you must love a ton of players..its not that hard to average 4.8 ypc when all your carries come during passing situations on draw plays with nobody in the box..youve gotta pay a little closer attention to the game rather than just looking at the ypc of a rb that shares a backup role with 2 other guys
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast