Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Gift is offline Coordinator

Re: Trade both 2nd rounders

Keep our 2 2nd rounders, I think we have a good draft ahead.
    http://www.purplepride.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6169&dateline=1318052  159

Idahovike is offline Training Camp

accidentally submitted post twice, not intetional

Re: Vikes to trade up

If you want a chance at a good QB, #5 might be your last chance. Bush will go in the top four for certain, Mario Williams might as well. That means either Cutler or Young will be available. Trade-down Ted might just take 17, 48, & 51 for #5, though personally I'd rather have AJ Hawk.

(actually I'd rather have Super Mario but I'm coming to the conclusion he's not gonna be there)
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Gift" wrote:
    Keep our 2 2nd rounders, I think we have a good draft ahead.
    agreed
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"Frozen Tundran" wrote:
    If you want a chance at a good QB, #5 might be your last chance. Bush will go in the top four for certain, Mario Williams might as well. That means either Cutler or Young will be available. Trade-down Ted might just take 17, 48, & 51 for #5, though personally I'd rather have AJ Hawk.

(actually I'd rather have Super Mario but I'm coming to the conclusion he's not gonna be there)
    This makes absolutely no sense to me...

why trade 3 draft picks that could all pretty much come in and start for us for the #5 pick. That just seems silly to me

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "Frozen Tundran" wrote:

why trade 3 draft picks that could all pretty much come in and start for us for the #5 pick. That just seems silly to me
    I would hate to see us trade up in the draft as well. I hate loosing picks.

This is projected to be a very talented draftclass. It would be the best to keep all the picks you can and then go for BPA.

One player allways has a risk of becoming a bust, even if he is rated as a top pick.

I would be more than satisfied to end up with one of the QB's out of the top 3 at the possition to develop, if thats how it'll pan out. It could be Jacobs, Whitehurst or Croyle

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

dr feelgood is offline Training Camp

Funny thing, None of the 3 Qb's mentioned are picked as sure thing top 5 picks. Qb's are a guess and with 14 million in up front , I would'nt do it. Maybe Whitehurst in the 2nd round. Bush, D'Brickshaw and Hawk are the sure things. Just my humble and often incorrect opinion.

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    "Frozen Tundran" wrote:

For an opportunity at one of the best players in the draft. Talent is arranged as a pyramid, to get the ones at the apex you have to ante-up big time. There's a 'draft value chart' originally developed by the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson. A #5 is worth 1700 'points.' A 17, 48 & 51 are worth a cumulative 1760. Virtually a wash.

If you want a top QB prospect, that will be the price.
    "He either fears his fate too much,
    Or his deserts are small,
    Who dares not put it to the touch,
    To win or lose it all. "

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"dr feelgood" wrote:
    Funny thing, None of the 3 Qb's mentioned are picked as sure thing top 5 picks. Qb's are a guess and with 14 million in up front , I would'nt do it. Maybe Whitehurst in the 2nd round. Bush, D'Brickshaw and Hawk are the sure things. Just my humble and often incorrect opinion.
    Maybe I were unclear. What I meant was, take good players in the first to rounds, and if Leinert, Cutler or Young don't fall to us, pick one of the mentioned QB's in the 3rd.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

dr feelgood is offline Training Camp

Gotcha cogitans, Just saying out of the whole draft, there are only a few that are going to pan out, no matter what position they play. These are not very good choices at Qb. Don't draft one just because we have the opportunity. We'll be alright and the Triangle has a plan! :grin:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567