Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Trade for Boldin???

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Like it or not, we have nothing (except maybe AD) that would warrant the Cards interest in trading arguably the best up and coming WR in the league....
    They might be forced into trading him if they know they can't resign him. We have a first this year and next year. Not optimisitic but stranger things have happened. Hell we got Jared Allen, I bet nobody thought we had anything worth his services either.
    Good point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Like it or not, we have nothing (except maybe AD) that would warrant the Cards interest in trading arguably the best up and coming WR in the league....
    They might be forced into trading him if they know they can't resign him. We have a first this year and next year. Not optimisitic but stranger things have happened. Hell we got Jared Allen, I bet nobody thought we had anything worth his services either.
    I agree... I'm sure they'd rather get something for him next year, than nothing for him in two years.
    He's made it quite clear he's not going to be a cardinal after his contract expires.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Not two firsts!!
    Never want to see us mortgage the future!!!
    That would leave us no chance at Bradford, McCoy, Tebow etc!!!
    (just for example)

But, I'm leaning toward WR with our first anway, depending of course on what the BPA looks like...but if we could have Boldin for that first, or even a first and a bunch of later picks, Or???
    Perhaps, a 2nd and a vet we've only got 1 year left on contract with anyway, say,
    Winfield?
    I'd be all for it!!

We've got the space to make Boldin happy.
    ARI can't really afford to pay two WRs and two QBs big money like they are right now.
    Boldin is a beast of a player!!
    Possibly, third best in the NFL today, behind Andre and Fitz.
    Winfield is a great player, and I'd miss him, but he is going to be looking for some bucks in what is likely his last contract.
    The WR, OT, and C positions have been picked over in FA...a guy like Leigh Bodden could still be had at CB.
    Just an idea...what do ya think?

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    This is just funny we a whining about a receiver and had Randy Moss.

that's about the wisest thing i have heard anyone say in weeks... lol!!!
    +1, that one still haunts me.

Edgecrusher is offline Training Camp

What about the idea of trading a first round and low round or maybe a 1st this draft and a 2nd or 3rd in next draft for Boldin. I would do either one if they would go for it

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=10pt]Vikings Not EmBoldined By Cardinals Receiver[/size]

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2009/4/...-emboldined-by
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Vikes" wrote:

No shit. That is sig worthy.

No Poooh!!
    What a fricken turn around...from best WR core in the league, to worst in what, 3 years?
    First Reed(?), then Carter, then Moss and Burleson.
    That's a rough couple of years at one position!!!

Here's the big difference in my mind...Jared Allen plays nearly every down (on his unit) and contributes something on every down he plays (pressure, attracting doubles etc).
    In our blue collar, grind it out, run first offense, Boldin's contribution is limited by definition.
    Sure, he'll attract attention too, but if we're running nearly 60% of the time and still giving some shots up to BB, Wade, Chester, Shank etc, how much oppurtunity is left for Anquan?

On top of that, Boldin has missed games in 4 of 6 years due to injury.
    I don't think that Allen has missed any games to injury in his NFL career.
    Now there's some rumor about a nagging hip injury that might cut his career short...oh oh, looks like another job for the turd polisher, is there any room left in that thing?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/18/questions-swirl-regarding-boldins-hip/

I don't doubt that Boldin could help out our offense tremendously, and really, you have got to love his playing style...He's a rough and tough player who despite not being happy with his contract, played very well and helped his team to a Superbowl appearance.
    He broke his freakin face for crying out loud and only missed 4 games.

Not sure how the tape looks, but that attitude would seem to lend itself well to his downfield blocking.
    If you think less reps will help him stay healthy, and you want a tough, solid possession guy, he could certainly be the one.
    On the other hand, we may prefer a more verticle, versatile threat like Harvin.
    Chances are, we're going to want and wait and see just how the draft unfolds before making the move.

A first and a third for a proven WR is pretty cool.
    Gonzo's assumption of a 1 and 2 needed to top Philly is BS IMO, we could also offer 1,3 and a pair of 7s or a 5...or future/variable picks as well.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

"mountainviking" wrote:
    No Poooh!!
    What a fricken turn around...from best WR core in the league, to worst in what, 3 years?
    First Reed(?), then Carter, then Moss and Burleson.
    That's a rough couple of years at one position!!!

Here's the big difference in my mind...Jared Allen plays nearly every down (on his unit) and contributes something on every down he plays (pressure, attracting doubles etc).
    In our blue collar, grind it out, run first offense, Boldin's contribution is limited by definition.
    Sure, he'll attract attention too, but if we're running nearly 60% of the time and still giving some shots up to BB, Wade, Chester, Shank etc, how much oppurtunity is left for Anquan?

On top of that, Boldin has missed games in 4 of 6 years due to injury.
    I don't think that Allen has missed any games to injury in his NFL career.
    Now there's some rumor about a nagging hip injury that might cut his career short...oh oh, looks like another job for the turd polisher, is there any room left in that thing?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/18/questions-swirl-regarding-boldins-hip/

I don't doubt that Boldin could help out our offense tremendously, and really, you have got to love his playing style...He's a rough and tough player who despite not being happy with his contract, played very well and helped his team to a Superbowl appearance.
    He broke his freakin face for crying out loud and only missed 4 games.

Not sure how the tape looks, but that attitude would seem to lend itself well to his downfield blocking.
    If you think less reps will help him stay healthy, and you want a tough, solid possession guy, he could certainly be the one.
    On the other hand, we may prefer a more verticle, versatile threat like Harvin.
    Chances are, we're going to want and wait and see just how the draft unfolds before making the move.

A first and a third for a proven WR is pretty cool.
    Gonzo's assumption of a 1 and 2 needed to top Philly is BS IMO, we could also offer 1,3 and a pair of 7s or a 5...or future/variable picks as well.
    Yeah even running 40-50% of the time has sure put the fear of god into the opposing D. Thats why they blitz like crazy and single cover our receivers.....the fact we have no one who can get them the ball doesnt help.

I'm sure some of you guys saw this interview a while back too...Might have been an NFLN top ten or something like it...I think it was Montana or Steve Young talking about WRs with attitude, and the quote goes something like,

[size=10pt]
    I think that every team needs that...If you don't have a guy in the huddle on an important down who is saying, "Give me the damn ball," that you are really missing something on your team.
    [/size]

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast