Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

A Touch of Jason Taylor Talk

[size=13pt]A Touch of Jason Taylor Talk[/size]

By Anthony Hall
    mvn.com

May 24th, 2008

Folks around the internets are speculating that the Vikings might be one of the teams who are expressing interest in Jason Taylor. I’ve seen no reports to indicate that this is the case, but Taylor is nevertheless on the market, and we’re thus left to speculate about his potential destinations...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: A Touch of Jason Taylor Talk

Not sure I want him here. It would be nice but how much would we have to give up for him and at what price?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

We have enough talent on the DLine. We don't need him.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think I want Taylor on our team...we'd have to give up some decent talent, and what's he got, one year left before he heads off to Hollywood? Also, he doesn't seem to be the team player everyone made him out to be...I was on his side through the "dancing" thing, but not when he opted out of the team activities. Not good.

[size=13pt]Out of step with Bill Parcells, Jason Taylor needs new football partner [/size]

BY RICH CIMINI
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 9:13 PM

It's the Battle of South Beach: The Tuna versus Twinkle Toes Taylor. And it's getting uglier by the day, with the Dolphins announcing that star DE Jason Taylor has informed them he's planning to skip minicamp and training camp.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

duvaldomo is offline Coach

I love edwards and think he will do good this season but he is still not proven. Taylor have been getting double digit sacks every year and will really improve this defense. You seen what the giants did with two great pass rushers. Who ever we play in the superbowl will have a great QB (most likely Brady or manning) or RB (LT or taylor and jones drew) and it all starts up front to stop them. Adding another dominate pass rusher will not hurt anyone or thing but our salary cap which I think we will get over once we win the superbowl
    8)

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

You know, I wouldn't complain to much if they went after him, however, a couple of things that come to mind that make me think we aren't interested.....

a.
    He doesn't quite fit the mold of what this staff looks for in a free agent.
    Typically they have gone after guys coming off thier first contract that can contribute for several years.

This does two things, it lets them spread the salary CAP out over a few years and ensures the guy can be with the team for the long haul.

b.
    He would command another huge contract.
    With a few Vets coming up for extensions, my assumption is the staff will hold off on any more large contracts to keep what CAP they still have for those guys late this year, early next year.

c.
    We would have to give up another first rounder.
    Again, not sure if the staff would put that much value on this guy by giving up a top pick for a player that wouldn't be here for the future.

Again, all my opinions based on nothing but observations.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

KevinK is offline Starter

I think that any All Pro player is a good idea. But like Mars I agree, at what price?
    But my gut feeling is he will be in the NFC East this year. Why would the Phins let him go for nothing? If they cut him he probably end up in the AFC east which is exactly what the Phins would not want....

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

I would be estatic if this actually took place. but..
    I don't think the vikings and dolphins are gonna be able to agree on a deal. I'm sure the Dolphins want at least a 1st and probably a lot more. I don't think the vikings are gonna be willing to mortgage the future for a guy that likely wont be playing for too much longer(3 seasons?). I don't see any chance of him getting cut because he is a pro-bowler and under contract.
    I don't think the vikings are gonna want to pay him the money he deserves. I'm guessing he is looking for something like 3 years 35million(just a guess). That it is a lot of money and they all ready have a lot of money invested in the defensive line. This is one area where I think Taylor may be willing to make a little less/ fewer years if he thinks the vikings have a shot at a superbowl and because he know the other 3 guys on the line all demand double teams meaning he will get lots of one on one. He will make more money in Hollywood if he wins a superbowl first.

I get giddy just thinking about the nightmares offensive coordinators would have planning for the D-line. But I guess it should already be the best D-line in the league so I don't see the vikings making this happen.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    You know, I wouldn't complain to much if they went after him, however, a couple of things that come to mind that make me think we aren't interested.....

a.
    He doesn't quite fit the mold of what this staff looks for in a free agent.
    Typically they have gone after guys coming off thier first contract that can contribute for several years.

This does two things, it lets them spread the salary CAP out over a few years and ensures the guy can be with the team for the long haul.

b.
    He would command another huge contract.
    With a few Vets coming up for extensions, my assumption is the staff will hold off on any more large contracts to keep what CAP they still have for those guys late this year, early next year.

c.
    We would have to give up another first rounder.
    Again, not sure if the staff would put that much value on this guy by giving up a top pick for a player that wouldn't be here for the future.

Again, all my opinions based on nothing but observations.
    ;D
    I don't think he commands a first rounder.
    I thought it was a second rounder during the draft and they couldn't find a taker.
    That is what I remember reading.

Oh well, if we get him I will be happy, if we don't I will be happy.

The original article was good.
    QB and OL seem like a more logical area to spend on.

WildViking3030 is offline Training Camp

No thanks, I want to see what Ray does for us this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast