Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Top Quarterbacks of the Future

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the texas am guy is reggie mcneal. after such a solid showing in the shrine game cant help but be im pressed. throwing for 211 yards and two tds and rushing for 32 more. i wouldnt mind scouting this guy to get a bettter idea wat do you guys think
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Schaub
    Rivers
    Carr

We will never get a shot at Leinart or Young, and both have ? marks as to how well they will do in the pro's.

Carr has the most experience of these 3 but has been saddled with a pathetic team, if he had a good team and a good coaching staff behind him could he rise to a new level?

Rivers has been stuck as a backup, but he has good potential and is a little older, he could be ready to step in and take over as a starter! Give Brad the job as starter and see if Rivers can take it away from him!

Schaub has had some experience backing up Vick and has shined when he has gotten the chance to play, I myself have seen him play a few times and have been impressed with his play. I think he could be an elite QB and with a year behind Brad learning Childress system he would be ready to compete for the starting job. This is my choice for who I would like the Vikes to get, but I could be wrong and he could turn out to be a bust but I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    brad smith of missouri with a late draft pick could always be an option..this guy is equally as fast as vick and throws the ball a hell of a lot better than him..his career passer rating was 114, and he never fumbled once in 4 years starting, he also rushed for over 1300 yards twice, that shows how well he holds onto the ball..he is surely worth a look if we want to go in that direction with a scrambling qb..i honestly think trading for garrard or carr would be the best option, they are both amazing talents and have shown some flashes of brilliance..the thing that has made ppl dislike carr is the fact that hes been playing behind probably the worst offensive line ever in the history of the league..on the vikes he would have a hell of a lot more success

We will need a new 3rd stringer because I do not think that we will bring back Hill. I would not want to count on Smith to start or be the second stringer, but if we draft him and develop him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "edlantis" wrote:
    I think we can trade up to one of the top three spots. New Orleans would love to have C-Pep, Smoot, #1 & #3 pick. This would give them 4 guys to build their team with instead of one who is going to get killed on a lousy team.
    You must be the ONLY Vikings fan that didn't learn from the Herschel Walker fiasco!!! UGH, it makes me shudder to even mention it!!!
    Well if that happens, put your $$ on New Orleans to win the Super Bowl in a few years. Think those draft picks and players we traded away had a little something to do with the Cowboys winning three championships in the '90s? I think so!
    I could at least stomach the Saints winning...but screw the Cowgirls!!!

BTW, ltrey...your avatar SUCKS!!! Just like the school does! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

Leave out Cpep and Brad

1.Rivers
    2. Schaub
    3. Bledsoe
    4. Carr
    5. Ramsey
    6. Leinart if we are going all out on trade possibilities to pick higher(never Vince Young, no more running QBs that don't know anything else)

There has to be some sleeper pick in the Draft out there for QB. Like GB picking up Rodgers late in the first. That's what to look for. Keep Brad to teach for two years.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

I'll have to say this,

Either we stay the course with PEP, or try to get Garcia......

thats it..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    I'll have to say this,

Either we stay the course with PEP, or try to get Garcia......

thats it..
    Garcia used to be good...when he played in the CFL.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I really like Schaub and was very impressed at how well he played when Vick was out. In fact, I think he looked better in his few starts than Vick did in most of his starts.

most of the other QB's dont strike me as a top caliber player

Garcia...washed up
    Rivers hasnt proven a thing
    Young is an amazing college QB...dont know if he will be able to carry it over to the NFL.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "edlantis" wrote:
    I think we can trade up to one of the top three spots. New Orleans would love to have C-Pep, Smoot, #1 & #3 pick. This would give them 4 guys to build their team with instead of one who is going to get killed on a lousy team.

Holy crap! That trade would be crazy.
    it won't happen though cause new orleans can't afford pepper and smoot. plus i'd keep smoot over brian williams cause he only played good in his contract year.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

What about Todd Bouman!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast