Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 121
  1. #21
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    "Nebvikefan" wrote:
    I think we definitely need to pick up Jared Allen.
    He is a beast
    Jared Allen is one of the most passionate players in this league ,he gives 101 % every-time He steps in the field ,he is all-hart and
    an icon for the Chiefs and will never leave that team.

    The most likely scenario is the Vikes going after a veteran WR like André Davis or Berrian in FA.

    The Mcnabb chances decreases in same proportion as TJ complete passes and in the same proportion too as the Bears Qb roster shows their inefficiency....but the Qb situation ,imo, will be a hot spot
    next year too...Not sure the Chiller has faith enough in the Jedi to take us to the promise land,at his early point of his carrer....
    El underdog.

  2. #22
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    I highly doubt that we will be big contenders in the free agent market, we're building thew the draft.

    personally from that big list i'd take Samuel because i don't really like how griffin is playing and Winfield with some injury problems. though, i really think we're not going to try and get the big players in FA
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    The best part of that list is there aren't any key Vikings on it, its great that Pat Willliams was taken care of before he hit that list
    See, that is something I didn't even think about.

    A very very very important point my friend.
    Damn, maybe Bryzcheapski is doing part of his job (re-signing our good players).


    Lets see if he can get at least one or two of these.

    As to the people who think we won't go after a couple of these I would like to point out that given our history in the FA market (as short as this regimes has been) they will go out and get people and they will pay to do it.

    Sure, we will draft wisely and expect the draft class to produce from the get go, but that has kindof been negated by the fact that we have scored big in the last two drafts and we really only need to add depth/future players with our next years draft class vice having to throw them to the wolves like we did with the last two draft classes.

    I still contend that this year was nothing more than a throw away year to see what we had.
    The staff will now fix the holes they have (it isn't many) with
    a couple of FA's and then, as I said, draft for depth/the future.

    Long story short, I don't see why they would hesitate to add a player if they thought he could/would add quality play when signed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    It's toguh for me to say. FA is more about filling needs than the draft is. None of our real needs are on our list, other than Crayton, who wouldn't fill the need of a #1 WR if he came here.

    Everyone seems to be on the Jared Allen bandwagon. Not taking anything away from him, he is an awesome DE who would give us an even better DL with awesome depth. That said, I really can't complain about our defense, at all. I see no holes and wouldn't mind if we returned all 11 starters. If we were to get an FA, it would have to be to replace Robison, Leber, or Smith.

    However, I just can't say no to Samuel. If we grabbed him I would be ecstatic. Accross from Winfield? SICK!

    The main discussion on this board during the offseason will be people wanting major vet upgrades vs. people wanting to stick to our young guys a let them develop. It will happen at QB, TE, RT, DE, and CB.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  5. #25
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    I love the free agent lists....most of the best players get re-signed before they even hit the market anyway.

    I would love to land Bob Sanders, and he might end up leaving because the Colts can't pay him. They already have A LOT of money invested in Freeney, Manning, Harrison, Wayne, etc. and they might not be able to give him the contract he wants.

    Of course, getting Randy back would be amazing for our passing game, but it would never happen for a lot of reasons. Why leave Brady for Tarvaris? Why leave the (probably undefeated) Patriots for the Vikings? Why go back to Minnesota when New England will love him just as much (if not more)? It just wouldn't make sense. My gut tells me that Moss will stay in New England regardless of what he gets paid. He'll be set up for a big pay day with the year he's having, but I think winning and being the top statistical receiver (and why not with Brady?) is more important than getting paid to Randy "Straight Cash Homie" Moss.

    Obviously, we have the money to land one of the best free agents. Our pass defense (especially at safety) needs work, and landing one of the best DBs in free agency would be great. As we have seen though, Childress and the TOA have not been eager to jump at a big name just because he's out there. They have been much more keen to pick a young guy that fits the system. I expect us to make a move if the right guy is out there, but they won't bite at just anyone.

  6. #26
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    I like both Smith and Clark as TE alot when they are healthy. With that said I would not want to throw money at a TE when we would end up playing Shancoe anyways because they are hurt.

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    "V" wrote:
    It's toguh for me to say. FA is more about filling needs than the draft is. None of our real needs are on our list, other than Crayton, who wouldn't fill the need of a #1 WR if he came here.

    Everyone seems to be on the Jared Allen bandwagon. Not taking anything away from him, he is an awesome DE who would give us an even better DL with awesome depth. That said, I really can't complain about our defense, at all. I see no holes and wouldn't mind if we returned all 11 starters. If we were to get an FA, it would have to be to replace Robison, Leber, or Smith.
    However, I just can't say no to Samuel. If we grabbed him I would be ecstatic. Accross from Winfield? SICK!

    The main discussion on this board during the offseason will be people wanting major vet upgrades vs. people wanting to stick to our young guys a let them develop. It will happen at QB, TE, RT, DE, and CB.
    To questions/comments.

    a. Why wouldn't they jettison someone who is truly a bust (i.e. Erasmus James) to make a roster spot for a double digit sack artitist?
    He has contributed a hell of alot less than the other guys you mentioned and you wouldn't have to give up on a guy like Robison who has alot of upside.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8433

    b.
    The guys have developed IMHO and we can tell by that development that we do need some help either Via VA or Draft at a couple of positions.

    DE, WR and yes, quite possibly QB or at least the backup to the young Jedi or are you happy with the play of those positions?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    It's toguh for me to say. FA is more about filling needs than the draft is. None of our real needs are on our list, other than Crayton, who wouldn't fill the need of a #1 WR if he came here.

    Everyone seems to be on the Jared Allen bandwagon. Not taking anything away from him, he is an awesome DE who would give us an even better DL with awesome depth. That said, I really can't complain about our defense, at all. I see no holes and wouldn't mind if we returned all 11 starters. If we were to get an FA, it would have to be to replace Robison, Leber, or Smith.
    However, I just can't say no to Samuel. If we grabbed him I would be ecstatic. Accross from Winfield? SICK!

    The main discussion on this board during the offseason will be people wanting major vet upgrades vs. people wanting to stick to our young guys a let them develop. It will happen at QB, TE, RT, DE, and CB.
    To questions/comments.

    a. Why wouldn't they jettison someone who is truly a bust (i.e. Erasmus James) to make a roster spot for a double digit sack artitist?
    He has contributed a hell of alot less than the other guys you mentioned and you wouldn't have to give up on a guy like Robison who has alot of upside.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8433

    b.
    The guys have developed IMHO and we can tell by that development that we do need some help either Via VA or Draft at a couple of positions.

    DE, WR and yes, quite possibly QB or at least the backup to the young Jedi or are you happy with the play of those positions?
    Good points, But also the fact that James' career could possibly be over because of another knee injury. Not many players have been able to come back oafter so many knee injuries, very few that have have been able to come back and play at a solid level.

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    It's toguh for me to say. FA is more about filling needs than the draft is. None of our real needs are on our list, other than Crayton, who wouldn't fill the need of a #1 WR if he came here.

    Everyone seems to be on the Jared Allen bandwagon. Not taking anything away from him, he is an awesome DE who would give us an even better DL with awesome depth. That said, I really can't complain about our defense, at all. I see no holes and wouldn't mind if we returned all 11 starters. If we were to get an FA, it would have to be to replace Robison, Leber, or Smith.
    However, I just can't say no to Samuel. If we grabbed him I would be ecstatic. Accross from Winfield? SICK!

    The main discussion on this board during the offseason will be people wanting major vet upgrades vs. people wanting to stick to our young guys a let them develop. It will happen at QB, TE, RT, DE, and CB.
    To questions/comments.

    a. Why wouldn't they jettison someone who is truly a bust (i.e. Erasmus James) to make a roster spot for a double digit sack artitist?
    He has contributed a hell of alot less than the other guys you mentioned and you wouldn't have to give up on a guy like Robison who has alot of upside.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=8433

    b.
    The guys have developed IMHO and we can tell by that development that we do need some help either Via VA or Draft at a couple of positions.

    DE, WR and yes, quite possibly QB or at least the backup to the young Jedi or are you happy with the play of those positions?
    Good points, But also the fact that James' career could possibly be over because of another knee injury. Not many players have been able to come back oafter so many knee injuries, very few that have have been able to come back and play at a solid level.
    Thanks my friend, however, I wouldn't quiet call it a comeback.
    Hell he was never there.
    ;D

    Regardless of what V said in another thread, we only have one DE that should/could be considered a bust and it sure the hell isn't Keneche.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

    I'd like to see us pickup a veteran wide receiver in FA. It doesn't have to be anyone special, but someone who could teach Allison and Rice a few tricks of the trade... I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was Randy Moss either, but I know that will never happen.

    Get a young veteran to play right tackle, Max Starks. He's 25 with a TON of experience, started every game their super bowl season, and he has a ring.

    Go after Jared Allen or Terrell Suggs to get a consistent pass rusher. We need someone who can collapse the pocket from the edge, not just get a push straight up the gut with the Williams Wall.

    Draft Kenny Phillips.

    That right there gives us legitimate starters at right tackle, defensive end, and safety(Phillips is an NFL ready prospect).

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Four Free Agents to wish for
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-20-2011, 11:45 AM
  2. Free agents not free, as first week shows
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 03:23 PM
  3. Free Agents
    By VikingSpirit in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 10:03 AM
  4. Free Agents
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 09:01 AM
  5. Free Agents
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-19-2002, 03:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •