Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

No, we won't get all... but I don't think it's impossible for us to get maybe 3 of them with the cap space we have... like I said, I just hope we don't get thrifty, I hope we recognize and reward talent with a nice fat contract if it'll make us contenders.
    I don't buy into this at all. Explanations below.

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7592192

Glazer's top 20 free agents this season... while we aren't ready to look at next season yet (thankfully!), it's an interesting list... I say we sign 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, and 11...

1 - Bob Sanders - a Pro Bowl safety is never a bad addition when you know teams will be throwing on you cause of your run defense...
    I guess this could happen. He an Frazier might know each other. As much as I would like it to happen though, I really doubt the Colts don't resign him and I am not sure I want to get into a bidding war for THE free agent of the offseason.

2 - Jared Allen - a pass rushing monster DE to help Vikes put lots of pressure on the QB in 3rd and long situations without blitzing 7 or 8...
    This I could see. A monster DE is what this defense is missing. He has had some alcohol problems so the front office would have to seriously consider that part of the equation.

3 - Randy Moss - If the Vikes win next year (which I believe they will, a lot), he'd behave...
    I do not want anyone on the team if the condition is that he would behave "IF". When an "IF" is present then no f'n way.

5 - Asante Samuel - a shut down corner to compliment Winfield and allow Griffin and McC to continue developing...
    Don't need him, don't want him. We have a great corner in Winfield and Griffin and McCauley are stepping up right now.
    8 - Lance Briggs - While I think the Vikes are set at LB, you can't deny the talent and to let him play against the Bears twice a year would be sweet... as long as someone in the AFC signs him I wouldn't mind not getting him though...
    We have absolutely no room for him.

11 - Dallas Clark - I know that Shianocie (or however you spell it) is supposed to be the stud TE but I haven't seen it this year... I like Clark... I wouldn't mind seeing their top draft pick go to fill the TE spot either (or both!)
    I have loved watching him play. He is a stud no doubt and he could really make this offense click. It seems like a young QB in Tarvaris Jackson could really benefit from him. Add to the fact there are not many really good receivers that will be FAs next year.

Signing free agents is more complicated than "Player X is awesome". Moss, Samuel, and Briggs just wouldn't fit. Sanders, Allen, and Clark are possibilities, but I wouldn't bet on signing any of them, definitely not 3-6.
    The days of FA shopping sprees are over. We have enough talent right now to maintain through the draft.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I would really like to see Asante Samuel come here. I doubt Moss would ever come here especially after he gets his Super Bowl ring.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"happy" wrote:
    Paul Allen of KFAN brought this up today. He said there are people within the organization who know Jared Allen well (Tony Richardson) and swear he is a good guy.

He also said there are people within the organization who have their eye on Bernard Berrian.
    Sanders and Allen would be great Pick ups in IMHO. Sanders has a tie here with Frazier and Allen could definatky start for us right away and be solid. I hionestky think that Erasmus' career is over. He has had to manty knee injuries :-\

Now I would agree with Berrian, would love to see him and also Crayton. I doubt we could get both but having the 2 of them. But add them
    plus Rice, allison and Wade and we would have a very solid, and perhaps a top 10 WR corp. They could maybe even make TJ look good. I would also like to put Faneca or Flozell on that list. the right side has improved, but I am not sold of Cook, Herrera, and Hicks would make better reserves than starters. again just my 2 cents. I think it is reseonable to get possibly 4-5 top free agents this off season that could have a immediate impact on this team.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

A little early, however, Jared Allen is definitely the ONE I would get after.
    With respect to the fellas we have, Allen is a BEAST, who should be competing for Defensive Player of the Year, if not for a crappy record.
    I would think Tony Richardson's endorsement carries some weight, given his multiple Pro-Bowls and status with Goodell in the NFL Office.

Love Faneca, however, it ain't happenin' given Herrera's contract signing.

I like Berrian, killer speed, attitude, good hands...he would be a great add.

I don't agree that Samuel is a "shut down corner," however, he is one hell of a football player...in the Winfield mold IMO.
    We have several decent corners, Samuel would be a significant upgrade, but, not sure I'd go there...given what we have.
    A good pass rush would make McCauley, Griffin, Winfield, Gordon, et. al, look much better.

Dallas Clark would be too good to be true, so, I'm not getting my hopes up.
    He could be another Steve Jordan, or Joe Senser in Viking Purple...can't imagine the Colts losing him.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Randy Moss will be a Patriot next year, guaranteed.
    I'm sure Dallas Clark will stay put too

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

I think we definitely need to pick up Jared Allen.
    He is a beast.
    If not him then some other DE that we could pick up.
    Maybe not such a high profile DE like Umenyora, Justin Tuck, shawn phillips. or mathis.
    People like that.
    I like the CB from the raiders too.
    I am not sure what his name is though.
    He is a good one.
    I agree that we don't need a TE cause we don't use or TE's well anyway.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

1. Bob Sanders SS
    - You saw what happened last year towards the end of the season, the Colts defense wasnt playing good up until the playoffs when Sanders returned, there is no chance they let this guy go, he is a vital part of their defense.

2. Jared Allen DE
    - Im pretty sure he will get a franchise tag

3. Randy Moss WR
    - Uh i would love that, but i dont think he is going to leave the Patriots, and even if he did i dont think that Minnesota would be an option, there was a reason that we didnt get him when he was availible for a 4th round pick

4. Alan Fanaca OG
    - A great player, however we just signed Herrera to a starter-paid extension

5. Asante Samuel CB
    - This i could see happening, he is a perfect cover corner, while not so psycical like Winfield and Griffin he excels in coverage, would be a nice addition to our pass defense, also considering that Winfield has been injuried alot

6. Albert Haynesworth DT
    - We are set

7. Nmandi Asomugha CB
    - He will get franchised for sure, by the Raiders

8. Lance Briggs LB
    - We have too much money invested in our linebackers to make this move

9. Terrell Suggs DE/LB
    - I could see us going after him to play defensive end, that would be a nice addition, however he is still to break out and have that amazing season.

10. Flozell Adams OT
    - Could get out in free agency, the Cowboys did draft to OT's last season however i don think that he would come here to play RT, and McKinnie is playing very well right now at LT

11. Dallas Clark TE
    - Very welcome addition, Shiancoe has not been a main target for Jackson and i think adding a primetime tight end would make the game alot easier for Jackson, having Clark would proberly also loosen one man out of the box as their would have the respect him.

12. Phillip Rivers QB
    - No chance he will leave the Chargers

13. Julius Jones RB
    - Dont need him

14. Justin Smith DE
    - Also think that he will be tagged, however if he aint i would like to sign this guy

15. Marcus Trufan CB
    - Will proberly be resigned, but he could be cut lose because he is going to ask for some serious coin after having a pro bowl year. Then i would like to sign him

16. Patrick Crayton WR
    - Would be a welcome addition, however i see him moving up the charts in Dallas and getting a new contract there.

17. Michael Turner RB
    - Dont need runningbacks

18. Gibril Wilson S
    - I think Smith is gone after this season, and any quality safety help is welcome, so go for it - however given that the Giants pass defense isnt the best, they will likely resign him and not make it worse.

19. Jamal Lewis RB
    - Will most likely be resigned in some way by the Browns

20. LJ Smith TE
    - Like Dallas Clark, a welcome addition and has the Chilly connection

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't be surprised if only a couple of those players actually hit the market.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

aceclown is offline Coach

Faneca has played tackle, and was pretty damn good.
    Just something to think about.

Faneca, Berrian, and Allen in FA would make us a legit contender.
    Add McNabb to the mix and who knows?
    All far fetched speculation at this point but it's fun to think about.

Chuch.

ancoin is offline Starter

1. Bob Sanders SS
    - I would LOVE him! One of the greatest S in the NFL! But i do not think he will hit the mark

2. Jared Allen DE
    - If he hits it. I would give him the dough! He is just what we need!

3. Randy Moss WR
    - I don't think pats can keep him. But I don't want him in Minnesota. First of all we pound the ball 30+ and don't need a ego

4. Alan Fanaca OG
    - I absolutely
    love the passion Herrera plays with! I believe he is going to rise.

5. Asante Samuel CB
    - Noway we should pay what he wants. Not playing Tampa 2

6. Albert Haynesworth DT
    - We are set

7. Nmandi Asomugha CB
    - He will get franchised

8. Lance Briggs LB
    - First of all he aint that good. Second we are set

9. Terrell Suggs DE/LB
    - Could see him as DE, but i dont know

10. Flozell Adams OT
    - He is LT and we nedd RT.. And he is old.

11. Dallas Clark TE
    - I don't know if he's that good of a blocker, but we could use his hands. Specially cause we are playing so many tampa 2 Ds

12. Phillip Rivers QB
    - No chance he will leave the Chargers

13. Julius Jones RB
    - We're set

14. Justin Smith DE
    - Any good DE would be nice

15. Marcus Trufan CB
    - I honstly don't believe we need CB. Rather use the money on something else.

16. Patrick Crayton WR
    - That would be nice! He could upgrade our WRs and make a good team with Rice, then Wade in the slot.

17. Michael Turner RB
    - Dont need runningbacks

18. Gibril Wilson S
    - We need a S. But if we don't get Sanders i'll look in the draft

19. Jamal Lewis RB
    - FB? Just kidding. We're set

20. LJ Smith TE
    - That could be someting we would go for. Knows Chiller and we need a TE against the bears and lions. Shiancoe has 1 catch for 7 yards against the bears and lions... We need more for our TE when playing against cover 2. I think we might need to give him another year. It is his first as the starter.

Thank to Lotza

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast