Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    BleedinPandG is offline Coach

TOP FREE AGENTS AVAILABLE

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7592192

Glazer's top 20 free agents this season... while we aren't ready to look at next season yet (thankfully!), it's an interesting list... I say we sign 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, and 11...

1 - Bob Sanders - a Pro Bowl safety is never a bad addition when you know teams will be throwing on you cause of your run defense...

2 - Jared Allen - a pass rushing monster DE to help Vikes put lots of pressure on the QB in 3rd and long situations without blitzing 7 or 8...

3 - Randy Moss - If the Vikes win next year (which I believe they will, a lot), he'd behave...

5 - Asante Samuel - a shut down corner to compliment Winfield and allow Griffin and McC to continue developing...

8 - Lance Briggs - While I think the Vikes are set at LB, you can't deny the talent and to let him play against the Bears twice a year would be sweet... as long as someone in the AFC signs him I wouldn't mind not getting him though...

11 - Dallas Clark - I know that Shianocie (or however you spell it) is supposed to be the stud TE but I haven't seen it this year... I like Clark... I wouldn't mind seeing their top draft pick go to fill the TE spot either (or both!)

6 additions... then we can finally stand proud following next season as Super Bowl Champions
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Top 20 Free Agents...

i said Bob sanders early in the year, it will be hard for them to sign him wwith the huge contract they just gave to freeney and peyton already took one paycut

Thanks josdin00

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Any of those would be good. I think the guy who would help the most would be Moss or a pass rusher. Can you imagine Moss and AP on the same team ? I also think we could justify Moss, because he didn't really want to leave MN, as far as I know.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Paul Allen of KFAN brought this up today. He said there are people within the organization who know Jared Allen well (Tony Richardson) and swear he is a good guy.

He also said there are people within the organization who have their eye on Bernard Berrian.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

I think Bob Sanders would be the perfect fit for this team if we dont get to draft Kenny Phillips. I think he's a perfect fit becuz he was in Leslie Frazier's Cover 2 system last yr. and he still in it now with the Colts, and he really wouldnt have to learn anything new + Dwight Smith stays in trouble and really isn't consistent back there at SS + We will be $33 million under the cap in the offseason. This would be my dream FA pickup though, its just too perfect of a fit!!!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I hope you don't actually expect us to get all, if any of those guys.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

The best part of that list is there aren't any key Vikings on it, its great that Pat Willliams was taken care of before he hit that list

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"V" wrote:
    I hope you don't actually expect us to get all, if any of those guys.
    Vikes have two things going for them... 1) a LOT of money available... 2) a competitive team that's posed to make a run...

No, we won't get all... but I don't think it's impossible for us to get maybe 3 of them with the cap space we have... like I said, I just hope we don't get thrifty, I hope we recognize and reward talent with a nice fat contract if it'll make us contenders.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

We need a good WR. Not a Wade/Fergie type, a good one. Nothing agaisnt wade or fergie but they are just average. I dont see any avabile though.

We dont need a TE cause we never throw to them anyways. Dugan and Sauce are both decent blockers. Shanks been a waste of money.

We NEED a saftey and CB to go along with Winfield. Mcauly and Griffin spend at least half the time on the field wondering where the heck the ball is.

Edwards and Robison will be good on the ends.

Cant go wrong with good OLine guys

Hate to say it but maybe a QB.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7592192

Glazer's top 20 free agents this season... while we aren't ready to look at next season yet (thankfully!), it's an interesting list... I say we sign 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, and 11...

1 - Bob Sanders - a Pro Bowl safety is never a bad addition when you know teams will be throwing on you cause of your run defense...

2 - Jared Allen - a pass rushing monster DE to help Vikes put lots of pressure on the QB in 3rd and long situations without blitzing 7 or 8...

3 - Randy Moss - If the Vikes win next year (which I believe they will, a lot), he'd behave...

5 - Asante Samuel - a shut down corner to compliment Winfield and allow Griffin and McC to continue developing...

8 - Lance Briggs - While I think the Vikes are set at LB, you can't deny the talent and to let him play against the Bears twice a year would be sweet... as long as someone in the AFC signs him I wouldn't mind not getting him though...

11 - Dallas Clark - I know that Shianocie (or however you spell it) is supposed to be the stud TE but I haven't seen it this year... I like Clark... I wouldn't mind seeing their top draft pick go to fill the TE spot either (or both!)

6 additions... then we can finally stand proud following next season as Super Bowl Champions
    1) Sanders is nothing special in coverage... not what we need.

2) Jared Allen is probably the only name I see on this list we would potentially go for.

3) As much as I wish that would happen... it never will. No matter how many games we win next year, he's gonna stay with the Super Bowl Champs.

5) Good corner, but not physical enough for the Tampa 2.

8) Just no, we don't need him, not to mention he's asking for a HUGE contract.

11) Maybe, he's a good player in Indianapolis, but I don't know how successful he'll be without Wayne and Harrison taking coverage off of him.

I'd consider OT Flozell Adams or CB Nnamdi Asomugha before most of this list.

Allen is a guy I would really like to see us pick up, but he has character issues and that could be a problem, especially if we let Smith go after the season.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast