Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    minvikes01 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Top 20 Potential Free Agents

"laujesse" wrote:
    My Xmas list to Ziggy:

1st OG Kris Dielman(better than Stienbach and cheaper W/ no drunken boating watching Hicks start on my team pains me just as much as watching Rosenthal make our roster)

2nd OT Leneord Davis(the last pure dominator in the game with a bum rap, but only if his price is not out of control)

3rd TE Daniel Graham (Steal of the year!)

4th WR Kevin Curtis (Affordable, If you remember correctly Stallworth was the T. Will of his day)

5th
    CB Nick Harper (Affordable and will fit our system)

Those are some nice wishes...
    I think we should go after Leonard Davis to give us a better right tackle.
    I'm not so sold on Curtis, remember he was in an offense with Issac Bruce and Torry Holt, so there wasn't much attention on him by opposing defenses.
    Nick Harper would be a good pick to add some depth to our struggling pass d.

Thanks to PPE for the awesome Sig.

laujesse is offline Starter

I think we should go after Leonard Davis to give us a better right tackle.
    I'm not so sold on Curtis, remember he was in an offense with Issac Bruce and Torry Holt, so there wasn't much attention on him by opposing defenses.
    [/quote]

Thank you.

I do not believe Curtis is our savior he does lack elite change of direction, but he can catch and is a feild stretcher. Like it or not economicly we are stuck waiting for T Will. to learn how to catch as Stallworth eventually did, and Lelie is still fighting the drops, 2006 was his worst year... Either we find the next Marquis Colston or T. Will is just gonna have to learn to catch.

Leneord Davis is the last man in the game that cannot be moved or redirected. As I watched Cardinals games this year all I could do is stare at him through the whole game as if there were no other players in the game. On pass plays he was above adequite... but in the run game he would take his man and flaten him on every play and sometimes the guy behind his man. The only problem is that he is such a force when they see him destroy his man the D knows its run because he is always 4 yards upfield lying on top of somebody the moment the ball is snaped regaurdless of who is in front of him.
    DE's purposely lined up 5 yards way from him at the snap. If he is lined up at gaurd they would not be able to escape the claws...
    Tom Powers < Hetero

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"minvikes01" wrote:
    "laujesse" wrote:
    My Xmas list to Ziggy:

1st OG Kris Dielman(better than Stienbach and cheaper W/ no drunken boating watching Hicks start on my team pains me just as much as watching Rosenthal make our roster)

2nd OT Leneord Davis(the last pure dominator in the game with a bum rap, but only if his price is not out of control)

3rd TE Daniel Graham (Steal of the year!)

4th WR Kevin Curtis (Affordable, If you remember correctly Stallworth was the T. Will of his day)

5th
    CB Nick Harper (Affordable and will fit our system)

I think we should go after Leonard Davis to give us a better right tackle. I'm not so sold on Curtis, remember he was in an offense with Issac Bruce and Torry Holt, so there wasn't much attention on him by opposing defenses.
    curtis had a good year when holt and bruce missed a combined 8 games with injuries in 2005..hes not a star, but if we can pick up somebody with star potential, curtis would be a good 2nd, 3rd option
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

we need cato june, a linebacker thats great in coverage..im not sold on greenway becaause i believe that us picking him was out of desperation since hawk and sims were already taken..also the fact that greenway hasnt played yet worries me..pick up june since you know he can play

id also take patrick kerney (of course if dwight freeney isnt avaliable)..hes getting older, but clearly can still play..we all saw how devastating the loss of lance johnstone was after watching kenechi udeze get owned by every OT he faced one on one

the pats have 3 TEs worthy of starting anywhere in the league so im assuming daniel graham hits FA without rejoining new england..he would be the TE we need to stretch the middle of the field to improve the passing game
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

laujesse is offline Starter

"olson_10" wrote:
    we need cato june, a linebacker thats great in coverage..im not sold on greenway becaause i believe that us picking him was out of desperation since hawk and sims were already taken..also the fact that greenway hasnt played yet worries me..pick up june since you know he can play

id also take patrick kerney (of course if dwight freeney isnt avaliable)..hes getting older, but clearly can still play..we all saw how devastating the loss of lance johnstone was after watching kenechi udeze get owned by every OT he faced one on one

the pats have 3 TEs worthy of starting anywhere in the league so im assuming daniel graham hits FA without rejoining new england..he would be the TE we need to stretch the middle of the field to improve the passing game
    The money involed for any of the noteworthy DEs out there will most likely take us out of the market. I have to disagree with any and all comments about us "needing" a DE. If you watch him on film it looked like Kenichi was scheemed to rush to a spot and stay there most of the time. James will be back and Ray Edwards was a first round talent whos true rookie year should have been in 07. If what we have grows into thier talent we could already have something very special and just not know it.

June is a safety playing LB just like Greenway and has his run game draw backs but if the price is right maybe... I just think he will get more money than he is really worth and we dont have the cap room to sling around like we used to. Greenway was in the top 15 of every major predraft mock last year.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123