Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Tom Powers: It's draft season, and it's time our teams wise up

It's official: Mel Kiper has poked his head out of his coffin and seen his shadow. That means NFL draft season has begun.

Brace yourselves for interminable mock drafts, rampant speculation and countless arguments about "tweeners." Fans already are yammering about which tackle the Vikings should draft to help protect Sagvaris Jackenfels.

Furthermore, by virtue of their lovely work on the hardwood, the Timberwolves also have generated a lot of interest in their draft. General manager Jim Stack gave us a glimpse into his draft strategy in Sunday's Pioneer Press. This was notable for the fact that the Timberwolves actually have a draft strategy.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12025625?source=rss

You know its a slow Vikings News day when I have to resort to post drivel from this cat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tom Powers: It's draft season, and it's time our teams wise up

I saw it was an article from Tom Powers and thought the least I can do is post a worthless comment to go along with his typically worthless article.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

My sense, however, is that the fan base is losing patience. "Pretty good" isn't going to cut it, especially since the Vikings have been pretty good for most of their existence.
    Congrats Spiderman.

"marstc09" wrote:
    My sense, however, is that the fan base is losing patience. "Pretty good" isn't going to cut it, especially since the Vikings have been pretty good for most of their existence.
    Congrats Spiderman.
    ROTFLMAO.......Big Tom and his Spidey sense....... ;D ;D ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Prophet" wrote:
    I saw it was an article from Tom Powers and thought the least I can do is post a worthless comment to go along with his typically worthless article.
    Thats the spirit.
    ;D

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

How does this guy keep his job? It's one worthless article after another. No substance, just a cleaver combining of player name's, and overstatement of the obvious. He doesn't even finish his article on point to show how our teams wise up. Powers, you'd better change your formula, it's tired.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"PurpleTide" wrote:

How does this guy keep his job? It's one worthless article after another. No substance, just a cleaver combining of player name's, and overstatement of the obvious. He doesn't even finish his article on point to show how our teams wise up. Powers, you'd better change your formula, it's tired.
    i hate it how he puts the wild, twins and wolves in articles about the vikes.. or at the end of an article about the vikings in blubs form.. like he ran out of shit to say... if ur gonna write an article about the vikes, make the whole damn thing about the vikes... it's confusing and distracting...

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I understand he was talking about all MN teams in it.. But it got confusing

Seperate the articles or something

I still think he is a decent writer and anyone who doesn't study the Vikes like us would really enjoy his input

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"V4L" wrote:

I still think he is a decent writer and anyone who doesn't study the Vikes like us would really enjoy his input
    yeah but what's the point of writing about them if he doesn't study them.... what a crock!!... i mean, not bad but u know what i mean!...

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

yeah but what's the point of writing about them if he doesn't study them.... what a crock!!... i mean, not bad but u know what i mean!...
    He's the yutziest of all yutz's.
    I send him at least one email a year.
    The one I send him this year will be centered on if he gets to keep his job after the paper quites making paper papers and goes completely internet......

I am sure you cats know what I hope his answer is.....;D