Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Re: Todd McShay article - Vikes to trade up for Vince Young?

Do we really want someone named Whitehurst as our starting QB?
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Here I go again, I'll say it again and again, I think Young and Cutler are both hyped up just a little to much for my liking....I really like the picks we have and our draft should be a very productive one for us this year.

I was really happy to see that we gave Charlie Whitehurst a look at. I think this kid (as I've been saying all along) would be a great pick in the second round, and I also think he has the potential to be a great WCO type of QB. I think he would be a great pick-up and even better that he would be able to study under Brad for a year or two.

This way we could really go after a top linebacker with our first pic....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    Noooooooo! I don't want a Michael Vick/Daunte Culpepper type QB on our team. I want a pocket passer who is capable of running the west-coast offense. I really don't think Zygi and company are dumb enough to do something like this anyway. The only QB worth trading up for in my opinion is Matt Leinart and that would cost us the farm.
    What QB is a pocket passer in a west coast offense? All of the good ones are mobile. McNabb? Can scramble. Vick? Can scramble. Hasselbeck? Can scramble. Farve? When he was at his best he could scramble. Harrington. Yes, he definately is not moblie. Pure pocket passer there. How did that work out?Steve Young? Scrambler. Garcia had some sucess with San Fran when he was younger and he could scramble too.
    OK, I didn't mean we needed a quarterback with cement-feet. I meant we needed a QB who was capable of making plays with his arm instead of his feet.

McNabb, Vick, and Hasselbeck have won how many Superbowls? Zero. And I wouldn't neccessarily classify Hasselbeck as a scrambling quarterback.

Troy Aikman - pocket passer with 3 Superbowls
    Trent Dilfer - pocket passer with a Superbowl
    Brad Johnson - pocket passer with a Superbowl

The way you make your case you would think every Superbowl quarterback was a scrambler. And throwing Joey Harrington out there to prove your point is cheap. :lol:
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"DaunteHOF" wrote:
    Do we really want someone named Whitehurst as our starting QB?
    And Culpepper is a better name?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I always get a kick out of it when people always say "Well how many superbowls has this scrambler won?". That is a flawed argument in so many ways.

1. Scramblers (other than the rare Tarkentons, or Cunninghams) are a relatively recent type of quarterback, so odds are less will win superbowls.

2. The ability to run and scramble is in no way a negtive attribute (even though people try and make it out to be).

3. Football is a team sport, crappy QBs can win the superbowl, good ones can not

There are just as many if not more pocket passers who have NOT won superbowls as scrambling quarterbacks. I think with a pro-quartback coaching staff someone like Vince Young could be a great passer.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "NeoVikesTX" wrote:
    Noooooooo! I don't want a Michael Vick/Daunte Culpepper type QB on our team. I want a pocket passer who is capable of running the west-coast offense. I really don't think Zygi and company are dumb enough to do something like this anyway. The only QB worth trading up for in my opinion is Matt Leinart and that would cost us the farm.
    What QB is a pocket passer in a west coast offense? All of the good ones are mobile. McNabb? Can scramble. Vick? Can scramble. Hasselbeck? Can scramble. Farve? When he was at his best he could scramble. Harrington. Yes, he definately is not moblie. Pure pocket passer there. How did that work out?Steve Young? Scrambler. Garcia had some sucess with San Fran when he was younger and he could scramble too.
    First off, Michael Vick sucks, he is probably the most overrated QB in the league. He cant pass. And you forgot about someone named Peyton Manning. Hes not a scrambler, either is Tom Brady, Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Trent Green, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, and Marc Bulger. So most of the good ones are pocket, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

this mcshay guy don't know anything he don't know what the vikings are going to do.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I'd rather have Vernon Davis than a QB.

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    I've been hoping that the Vikings take a RB in the 1st round all offseason...
    Yes....and the best value at our pick will most likely be DeAngelo...or at least I HOPE that he is still there! :grin:
    Just to let you guys know, I talked to my brother today (he still lives in Memphis) and he said that the local sports talk radio reported that three teams (Denver, NY Jets, and Minnesota) have all had personal workouts with DeAngelo.

Just FYI

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Does the name Marino ring any bells? He has to be the ultimate pocket passer, and he unfortunatly didn't win any SBs.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast